Review In Progress - May 22, 2016 - Liberty of the Seas

Wife and I will be sailing tomorrow on Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas!

Will be happy to post impressions and pictures along the way. Our focus will be on service, food, rooms, and internet.

Feel free to ask any questions.

I'll be doing detailed "Voom" testing on the ship. Please no requests to ping World Of Tanks.

I am considering NOT bringing "formal clothing" for my family. How out of place would we look in MDR- ladies would still wear a nice dress, just not a cocktail dress and guys would wear button up with tie, no jackets. Yes, I am 100% aware that we could 1) go to the Windjammer 2) people dress in a wide variety but we enjoy the MDR experience with our kids.

Thanks and enjoy your cruise!

I am considering NOT bringing "formal clothing" for my family. How out of place would we look in MDR- ladies would still wear a nice dress, just not a cocktail dress and guys would wear button up with tie, no jackets. Yes, I am 100% aware that we could 1) go to the Windjammer 2) people dress in a wide variety but we enjoy the MDR experience with our kids.

You would find others dressed as you describe.

We are sailing Liberty in October. It will be our first time on her and also our first time in a RCI suite. Really looking forward to your review.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You would not be out of place in attire like that! I usually wear a nice, longer summer type dress and my husband wears slacks and a long sleeved shirt. I also have gotten to a point in my life where I have come to the conclusion that if people are worried about my attire on formal night then they have too much time on their hands! LOL

We are traveling next Sunday, and am in a debate with the agent what the discount pricing is on the ship for the Premium Package, given their current 20% off offer, is only giving $2 off the published price of $49/day(before gratuity). Can you post a picture of the on ship pricing for the beverage packages, so I can prove my point to the agent? On the phone they couldn't explain what the current pricing is before the 20% off, which looks like they are just doing a mark up before the 20% discount to entice travelers to pick the package. Thanks. Have fun this week!

I've found that things aren't near as formal as they used to be. Last cruise I wore a semi formal on both nights. I just don't want to spend a fortune on something I'm going to wear once.

Things are getting real...

a05a2447f9dc771ec47ad3b38c04a418.jpg6fcf44053745e4fafd45e4473e68e391.jpg4b28a49d496ad0a61812587383eea3c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only 20 days until these are my pictures! Have a blast, can not wait to hear all about your wonderful trip!