Change in Theme of Cruise

Ithaca

I just checked into a mini-crossing in November on the Spirit that we booked several months ago, and I see that the website has changed its theme from a Bridge Cruise to an Italian Wine Cruise. We are certainly happy for the change (we are not bridge players), but worry that many bridge players may not be aware of the change. We received no formal notification from SS regarding this change. I would like to make it public on this forum for what it may be worth.

That news is of some interest for me as I'm on that cruise and enjoy wine but am not particularly interested in bridge - not that I ever book a cruise for it's theme, I cruise to cruise, the theme is generally irrelevant.

However, I am interested in why you call it a mini-crossing? I'm certainly planning on going all the way across the pond.

We are on the Wind fall crossing this November--a bridge cruise (pls see below). We are not bridge players but this crossing in addition to a bridge cruise; is a Wine Series, Le Ecole des Chefs, and Gastronomic excellence wine and gourmet cruise--which further enticed us to book (we really enjoy David Bilsland's cooking demo's, and like Lawrence d'Almeida's (SS's wine ambassador) wine lectures/tastings. Most importantly, good friends (dougburns) invited us to join them on this sailing.

BRIDGE CRUISE (Silver Wind (Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale Nov 15-Dec 2) Boarding Silver Wind in the Gaudi-filled city of Barcelona, explore additional treasures of the Spanish coast, Gibraltar, and Portugal, before crossing the Atlantic, visiting Puerto Rico, and disembarking in relaxing Fort Lauderdale. Our seven-day crossing is the perfect time to hone your Bridge game. American Contract Bridge League Pros will be conducting a tournament, giving seminars, lectures, and lessons to beginners and intermediate players alike. Prizes include a free voyage, so bring your competitive spirit.

Edited by WesW

Captain Arma has just informed us that he will be taking the Wind into dry dock in Genoa in November, so you should have a very smart Lady for your TA cruise later that month.

Kindest regards

Echo

That sounds like excellent news, just hope they are not going to remove the bath tubs like they did on the Cloud.

That sounds like excellent news, just hope they are not going to remove the bath tubs like they did on the Cloud.

I was a bit surprised at the bath (and 2 shower heads!)....

Silver Spectre,while we agree on a number of things, I do hope that, at least, some of the bath tubs are removed.

That news is of some interest for me as I'm on that cruise and enjoy wine but am not particularly interested in bridge - not that I ever book a cruise for it's theme, I cruise to cruise, the theme is generally irrelevant.

However, I am interested in why you call it a mini-crossing? I'm certainly planning on going all the way across the pond.

Hi jolly Jones.

Looking forward to seeing you on the transatlantic.

Up for trivia?

Never too early to start a team!

Hi jolly Jones.

Looking forward to seeing you on the transatlantic.

Up for trivia?

Never too early to start a team!

Oh for sure, count me in! Looking forward to meeting you again.

But ... edit .... just read your post higher up, are you on the Wind or the Spirit? I'm on the Spirit in Nov.

Boarding the Wind next week for LIS - LON. Hope to fit in trivia despite so many port days.

Barbara

Edited by jollyjones

I just checked into a mini-crossing in November on the Spirit that we booked several months ago, and I see that the website has changed its theme from a Bridge Cruise to an Italian Wine Cruise. We are certainly happy for the change (we are not bridge players), but worry that many bridge players may not be aware of the change. We received no formal notification from SS regarding this change. I would like to make it public on this forum for what it may be worth.

It's still a bridge cruise, they just aren't featuring that aspect of it on the website.

Thanks for the clarification, Mark; the announcement on the site can be confusing. Will you be on the Spirit? Funny, two crossings the same month, same embarkation port, with basically the same itinerary until after North Africa...

Thanks for the clarification, Mark; the announcement on the site can be confusing. Will you be on the Spirit? Funny, two crossings the same month, same embarkation port, with basically the same itinerary until after North Africa...

If you look at features in the itinerary & overview section, the♠️indicates that it's a bridge cruise.

My wife and I are booked on it, but we're not yet certain we're going, the timing is not working out so well. We may switch to the October 24, NYC-Barbados cruise - or something in early 2017.

I guess I never payed attention to what the symbol meant... I'm sure you are aware that September and October are the prime months of the Caribbean's hurricane season. November is not out of the loop, but is less probable. If you do switch, I hope you have calm seas and that we meet in another cruise.