What did you wear for dinner?

To start with, the purpose of this thread is not to judge people. It's simply to get a feel for what people are wearing to the MDR/No-Fee Dining Rooms on Anthem.

We're leaving in 4 weeks and I just had my "Oh Crap" moment.

You see, I accounted for formal nights (renting a tux) and casual days (short, jeans, polo shirts, sneakers, sports sandals, etc.).

But I've blanked on dinner (outside of Windjammer, where anything goes).

So, what do you wear to dinner?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Simply long pants and nice shirt. Never worry about formal night, just look a little nicer than normal, much depend on the cruise is going and before or after adventures..

Haven't been on that ship, specifically, but on most ships, the standard attire for men in the dining room on the casual nights is something like a pair of tan or black slacks with a polo, Hawaiian-style, or short-sleeve button down shirt. Some go with jeans, as well, but the khakis or black slacks seem a little more common (at least in Caribbean).

In the process of booking the Serenade of the Sea. Haven't been on RCI since 2009. Not sure what is worn now for formal nights. Does my husband need to wear a suit or tux. Me cocktail dress? If we choose not to do that would be just have to eat in the buffet. I think we are doing My Time Dining. Thanks for your help

Personally, after six in the evening for casual, I would be dressed in trousers (never denim) and a collared shirt, a full shoe ( as opposed to sandals) as a minimum if attending any meal indoors.

For smart casual trousers, a jacket or blazer, possibly with a tie.

Business casual would be a suit, formal is tuxedo or minimum dark two or three piece suit and tie.

My husband wears Dockers with either a polo or short sleeve button down shirt. Formal nights he wears a suit and tie. He packs one suit, one white dress shirt, and two ties. He has the shirt laundered on board. Easy peasy.

In the process of booking the Serenade of the Sea. Haven't been on RCI since 2009. Not sure what is worn now for formal nights. Does my husband need to wear a suit or tux. Me cocktail dress? If we choose not to do that would be just have to eat in the buffet. I think we are doing My Time Dining. Thanks for your help

You don't need to wear suit/tux or cocktail dress, but those are the standard suggested types of attire, and the majority will be dressed that way, in my experience. But it is not a requirement, so you don't have to dress that way or eat in the buffet. There will be a fair portion of people dressed more casually in the MDR. Possibly a larger proportion in the MTD area than in traditional dining area, but that's just a hunch on my part, and not based on actual experience.

Edited by Paul65

On the Anthem when you want formal night eat at Grande. The other ones long pants & a shirt. Yes some people wear shorts. If that's the case stay at a Motel 6 & eat at McDonald's.

I believe in following the dress codes and do, but there are plenty of nice restaurants at home where I can wear dressier shorts and look nice and pulled together - several steps above McDonalds.

On "casual" nights, I wear capris, heels, and a nice top. Hubby wears long pants, and collared shirt.

On formal nights, I wear cocktail dress or gown..hubby wears tux or suit....

We don't mind dressing up, as we look good! I like looking good...and most folks like that I look good! It's a win-win for me!

We got off Anthem last week. In the Grande, the dress code requires men to wear a jacket. If you don't have one, they loan you one. You can wear it in and then put it on the back of your chair if you like. The other 3 free restaurants (Chic, Silk, American Icon) were very casual; nothing was said to anyone about attire. You will see everything from shorts and t-shirts to slacks and nice tops.

We live on the West Coast and have to fly to do most cruises. Because of the airline baggage restrictions, we try to cut back where ever we can.

For casual nights my husband and son wear khakis and a collared shirt. I wear nice capris or a nice skirt with a cute top. Once in awhile, my son and husband will wear nice shorts to dinner.

For formal nights, we usually all wear black pants ( I'm not a big dressy dress person) and my husband and son wear a button down shirt and tie. I wear a dressy blouse.

You will see people dressed in all different kinds of dress. Even on formal nights, some people still dress casual. Some people are bothered by that. Not us.

To start with, the purpose of this thread is not to judge people. It's simply to get a feel for what people are wearing to the MDR/No-Fee Dining Rooms on Anthem.

We're leaving in 4 weeks and I just had my "Oh Crap" moment.

You see, I accounted for formal nights (renting a tux) and casual days (short, jeans, polo shirts, sneakers, sports sandals, etc.).

But I've blanked on dinner (outside of Windjammer, where anything goes).

Trousers and shirt.

On formal nights I wear my tux. To me, it's fun getting all dressed up for a couple nights on the cruise. We try to take some pictures with us looking all snazzy. That being said, I don't care what others wear. If I was the only one in a tux on formal night I would still do it, and still enjoy the evening. That being said, I like to have fun with clothing. I'm a teacher and we have had a dress up day called semi-formal. For that day I wore my tux shirt, vest, bow tie and jacket with jeans and sneakers. Half-formal, half-not. Seems to fit with semi-formal.

On non-formal nights I wear nicer jeans or khakis, with either a shirt and tie or a shirt without a tie. Again, doesn't matter to me what others wear. I'm there to have a good time.

Have yet to sail on a Quantum class vessel.

That said here are my guidelines-

casual night- nicer/darker ( dare I say dress jeans) jeans and a golf shirt with some sort of footwear depending on my mood- could be dressier shoes. Could be birkenstocks. could be Asics.

Formal night- suit. the tie is unlikely. I don't often wear ties anymore- unless I'm in court.

Sounds like you are sorted for formal nights by renting a tux.

You have casual covered.

For smart casual my husband wears trousers and a shirt. He has been known to wear a pair of jeans on occasion too. Wear what you would be comfortable with.

Above all else, enjoy your cruise!

Not wanting to start anything here......

We were on Anthem 2 weeks ago for a 5 nighter. We did not go to The Grande but at the other restaurants (Chic, Silk and American Icon) the majority of men seemed to be wearing shorts, we are more traditional so did stick with long pants but it seemed to be very casual onboard, even in the CL.

We have only ever cruised with P&O and on formal nights, I would say 99% men are in Tux.

On RC I plan to wear polo/jeans on SC nights and on Formal , Chinos/ dark trousers, collared shirt and a sports jacket.

I love the whole formal idea, but not on RC which has a different ethos, and one of the reasons we booked with RC and not P&O this time.