book now or wait

I only have a few hours left of the current deal, not sure if I should book now or wait to see what else comes out.

If you book now, under US/Canadian rules, and something better comes out, Royal will usually allow you to take advantage of it.

The answer is always "Now." If the price changes later you can call and adjust the price, or worse case scenario, go through the trouble of cancelling and rebooking. But if you don't book now and the price goes up, you can't go back and get the lower one. Unless you live in te UK (and maybe Australia?) then you can reprice and cancel with no penalty as long as you haven't reached your final payment date.

Normally I am in the camp of book now, the earlier the better. But I am currently looking at an Explorer cruise in September. It is one of those rare times we will cruise from home (Seattle) so no need for airfare/hotel. The cruise is only 4 months away yet there is still a substantial number of cabins available in all categories and that number has not been dropping. Up to now there has been no targeted sales or price drops for the cruise.

So I am going to keep watching until something moves, either the price or number of free cabins. I don't want to get locked in before final payment date in case there are large drops later. Maybe a calculated risk but not a big one. :)