Cabana Royal Palms

vettecruiser1

Has anyone rented one, if so what was your experience? We are not getting into Cayman until 10:30 so thinking of renting one so we will have a decent spot since we are getting in so late and not have to fight having to find a chair.

Also are the cabanas in a good location are all the other beach chairs crowded around them? I found some photos but they are very old and it is hard to tell how the set up is.

We rented one a couple of years ago. It was great. There weren't chairs crowded around us. We had our own server & he made sure nobody took our chairs. We are thinking about doing it again in November. Hope this helps

I rented one in April for $100. It's 1st come, 1st serve when you get there for location, unless maybe you put in a request. We got the last cabana and still got a fine location. You could ask near the main bldg (but music can be loud) or away from the main bldg--not really that far, though. They have a roped off area for the cabanas with a sign, but some people do walk over there--the cabana and I next to me strategically arranged our chairs and a potted plant to discourage the cut-thru, which worked fairly well. We had a table with 4 chairs and 4 lounge chairs in front of the cabana with a decent amount of private space. We also got there late with 6 ships in port, so wanted to ensure a decent spot. I was very happy with Royal Palms and the cabana. We had 6 persons, so it was fairly cost-effective. We had a waitress who asked if we needed anything a number of times, not pushy, but frequent enough.

Note-the cabanas are parallel with the restaurant, not near the water. There are 4+ rows of chairs/umbrellas between you and the water. Elaine

Interesting rows of chairs and umbrellas between the cabana and the water, I was hopping to have a direct line of sight so my son could go play at the waters edge and I was able to still see him. Does not sound like that is possible right?

You can go on to their website and reserve a Cabana. I just reserved one for our day in Grand Cayman. No worries now about any chairs being available in the shade! Looking forward to a great time!! :)

Sorry, but it's impossible to have a direct line of sight to watch your child at the waters edge from the Cabanas. You can do this from the 1st row of chairs. If you need to watch, I would just take my towel and roll the dice getting a chair in the front row and if not, walk a bit to the left or right and plop your towel in the sand. We did this when our kids were 2-4. Take a fold up rain umbrella to hold over yourself if you can't get some shade. We took a few cheap sand toys and the kids had a ball at Royal Palms at 2-4 yrs old--one of the reasons we went back 10 years later. Good bathrooms and outside showers--can't beat it for $2.

Edited by elaine5