Our Day in St Croix

vacationlady

This was our first time visiting St Croix. We rented a car and drove around the island. I would highly recommend renting a car as we got to see and do a lot more. This island was easy to get around and totally different from St Thomas. You can see pictures and read about our day on my blog at

http://winenchocolate.com/our-day-in-st-croix/

• 2 weeks later...
This was our first time visiting St Croix. We rented a car and drove around the island. I would highly recommend renting a car as we got to see and do a lot more. This island was easy to get around and totally different from St Thomas. You can see pictures and read about our day on my blog at

http://winenchocolate.com/our-day-in-st-croix/

Great blog. We just may have to do this. Is the driving on the left?

Are the signs good on the island? Say we rent a car and want to go to Christiansted and then the easternmost point and then the rum distillery. Guess what I'm asking is will we get lost by not having many signs to point us in the right direction? I showed my wife this last night and she really wants to rent a car and do most of the things vacationlady did.

Edited by Sky616

Are the signs good on the island? Say we rent a car and want to go to Christiansted and then the easternmost point and then the rum distillery. Guess what I'm asking is will we get lost by not having many signs to point us in the right direction? I showed my wife this last night and she really wants to rent a car and do most of the things vacationlady did.

HAHA no the signs are definitely not great. But if you stick to the main roads (Centerline and the Highway) you'll get where you want to go. Study some maps before you leave and pick up one at the rental car place and you'll have a good time.

HAHA no the signs are definitely not great. But if you stick to the main roads (Centerline and the Highway) you'll get where you want to go. Study some maps before you leave and pick up one at the rental car place and you'll have a good time.

Thanks so much you are a great help. We are so looking forward to St. Croix for the 1st time. Any good bars near the pier?

We use a GPS when we travel and have no problems. The roads seem in better condition than St Thomas. We did not have any traffic (but we were there on a Sunday). It's a very pretty island to explore. You get used to driving on the left once you do it, but that is easy for me to say as I am the passenger:):):)

Thanks so much you are a great help. We are so looking forward to St. Croix for the 1st time. Any good bars near the pier?

No problem! If you flip over to the St. Croix local thread you'll find lots of my recommendations for bars and restaurants but my current favorite bar by the pier is Pier 69 in Strand Square. great people, good prices, and cold drinks.

We use a GPS when we travel and have no problems. The roads seem in better condition than St Thomas. We did not have any traffic (but we were there on a Sunday). It's a very pretty island to explore. You get used to driving on the left once you do it, but that is easy for me to say as I am the passenger:):):)

We will be there on a Sunday as well and according to cruisett we will be the only ship in port. Looks like we have our day planned. Now just need to focus on St. Kitts, Martinique, Barbados and St. Maarten. All new islands except St. Maarten which will be our 4th time visiting and Barbados which will be our 2nd time visiting.