How much to admit to the boatyard

Rockjock64

The cost is $15 which includes admission and use of the facilities, including water toys, a chair and umbrella (if available), one welcome drink, and a ride back to the port. I'll be spending the day there next week. Looks gorgeous from all the pics!!

• 3 weeks later...

We loved this outing......safe/clean/variety of activities/happy hours.......easy to get to from the ship .....a lovely day.....thank you fellow Cruise Critic members for the information.....would never have done without the suggestions!!!

• 1 month later...

Did any of you arrange to swim with the turtles while at the Boatyard? If so, how much did it cost? Also, do I understand correctly that the return transportation to the ship is included in the $15.00 entrance fee? Thanks in advance :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
The cost to swim with the turtles with Neville was $20pp not $15 (the Boatyard was $15). It was definitely worth it!

Sorry, I don't know about credit cards at the Boatyard--we used cash....

I'm confused because I've seen a couple different posts saying the Boatyard is $15 pp but then their website says $50?

debbie

I'm confused because I've seen a couple different posts saying the Boatyard is $15 pp but then their website says $50?

debbie

I saw that, too, but I believe that's for private parties -- it says for "permanent residents only."

The $15 entrance fee seems pretty good, since it includes a drink and a ride back to the ship. We paid $3 to get into Paradise Beach in Cozumel, but only included chairs, an umbrella, and use of the inflatables.

Is the ride back to the ship at only certain times, or can you get a ride back whenever you want to go (or do they wait to fill up a bus/van)?

Edited by joand452

• 3 weeks later...

I think paradise in Cozumel charges $3 to get in and then you have to buy food (at least like $10 a person) and the water stuff was an extra cost. The cab fee is high to get out there too. I've been a few times but I don't think I'll be going back because the costs add up for a family of 4.

The water inflatables were included in the $3 entrance fee. We were watching people playing on them, and we didn't see anyone wearing special wristbands. Extra charge for snorkeling, jet skis, etc. it wasn't bad for us, but it was just two adults and we had lunch, a bottle of water, a beer and a Miami Vice. I think your taxi should have been the same as ours 1-4 people, $20.00. We loved it there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The water inflatables were included in the $3 entrance fee. We were watching people playing on them, and we didn't see anyone wearing special wristbands. Extra charge for snorkeling, jet skis, etc. it wasn't bad for us, but it was just two adults and we had lunch, a bottle of water, a beer and a Miami Vice. I think your taxi should have been the same as ours 1-4 people, $20.00. We loved it there.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!

Bea aware that the info you quoted is for Cozumel, not Boatyard! But I can tell you from being there this past August 2015 was that it was a $5 per person (+tip) taxi ride to Boatyard and $15 entrance fee. The put on a wristband with a tear-off tab for your free drink (you choose from about 4-5 different cocktails, local beer, soda or juice). Entrance fee includes said drink plus one chair per person, an umbrella to share between two chairs and use of their facilities (showers, bathrooms, lockers, water activities) and your return trip to the port (don't forget to tip your driver). Get there early if you're in a cruise ship, especially those days with multiple ships in port since everything is strictly first come, first served and even with one ship in port it tends to get crowded as the morning progresses.

The following increase in the admission price will take place as of November 1st - as posted on their website:

CRUISE PASSENGERS - $20US ($40BDS) - Includes use of onsite amenities listed above plus ONE free welcome drink and transport back to the cruise terminal.

Thanks! I thought the discussion had been about The Boatyard, but then I saw a comment about Paradise Beach in Coz. We had just been there in September.

Good to know about The Boatyard. We'll be in Barbados in April.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you know if the charge the entrance fee for children mine are 4 and 7

I am pretty sure this is where we want to go

The following increase in the admission price will take place as of November 1st - as posted on their website:

CRUISE PASSENGERS - $20US ($40BDS) - Includes use of onsite amenities listed above plus ONE free welcome drink and transport back to the cruise terminal.

• 5 weeks later...

Different price for cruise passangers and visitors from hotels?

I was at boatyard Dec. 2014 and the price was about 20$. If I remember correctly, it included the chair and food/drink up to 20$. Is that correct or am I imagining things?

thanks

I emailed them because I wanted to know what the actual price was and this is the response I got so this is accurate..

Currently our rates are the same US$15 p/p as our future attractions (Turtle Tours and Water Slide) are not completed at this moment, however should they be installed by the time you arrive in February, the above rate sheet will apply.

Yes, For cruise passengers, we offer a beach package of *US$15 per person - children under 12 years old are *US$12, under 4 years old are free. We do not take any reservations and work on a first come, first serve basis.

*Rates are subject to change

This package includes:-

A free Welcome drink,

A free lounge chair or day bed,

Shared umbrella *while stocks last*,

Free WiFi,

Return taxi to your ship

Use of all our water toys (Rope Swing, Ocean Trampoline, Ice Berg & High Dive Platform)

As well as all our facilities:-

Washrooms,

Fresh water shows,

Changing rooms,

Sports TV,

Basket Ball net,

Volley Ball net,

Restaurant & Bar,

Souvenir Shop.

Recommend you come early to choose your spot on the beach. We are about a 8 mins drive or 20 min walk from the cruise port. We open at 9AM.

Different price for cruise passangers and visitors from hotels?

I was at boatyard Dec. 2014 and the price was about 20$. If I remember correctly, it included the chair and food/drink up to 20$. Is that correct or am I imagining things?

thanks