Cozumel Cab to a Beach

Vemnox

I'm interested in simply going to a beach in Cozumel, exclusive of a pricey excursion. Years ago we simply took a cab to a nearby hotel and used the beach there then hopped a cab back. Unfortunately this was so long ago I can't remember to where.

I'm seeking advice on somewhere I may be able to simply walk off the boat and take a cab to a beach. I don't want to just tell the driver "take me to a beach" but rather to a specific location where there is a public beach we can enjoy.

As a "for example" can I get a cab to Mr. Sanchos and then just pay the entrance fee to get in the area?

Thanks in advance for input!

Edited by Vemnox

You can get a cab at the cruise terminal. They have listed pricing to specific beaches.

In the past, and for our upcoming cruise in June, we go to Paradise Beach. For a family of 4, the cab cost is about $15 each way. Entrance fee to get into Paradise Beach is $3.00 per person. They do ask that you spend $20.00 per person for food/drink.

I'm interested in simply going to a beach in Cozumel, exclusive of a pricey excursion. Years ago we simply took a cab to a nearby hotel and used the beach there then hopped a cab back. Unfortunately this was so long ago I can't remember to where.

I'm seeking advice on somewhere I may be able to simply walk off the boat and take a cab to a beach. I don't want to just tell the driver "take me to a beach" but rather to a specific location where there is a public beach we can enjoy.

As a "for example" can I get a cab to Mr. Sanchos and then just pay the entrance fee to get in the area?

Thanks in advance for input!

Another option is to do what we do.

We take a cab downtown, shop a little for souviners, walk back to Margarittaville (short distance), eat, and swim there.

Food is the going rate and the swimming is on a nice beach.

Enjoy

Mr. Sanchos pay-as-you-go side has no admission fee.

Taxi each way, for up to 4 in a cab will be about $16 - check with your roll call or with others in the cab line to see if you can pair up an save $$ :cool:

Thanks so much for the replies! It looks like Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach for us then.

Does Paradise Beach also offer lounge chairs like Mr Sanchos does?

Yep, plus better facilities (IMHO) and a HUGE pool - but you'll pay $3 each for admission.

We are going to paradise beach too. Can't wait. About how far of a walk is it from the ship to the taxis? Trying to decide if we should bring the stroller or just carry. Thanks!

Bring your stroller - it can be a long walk (there are 3 piers, so it will vary) and they usually route you through some of the shops.

So water, ice, fresh fruit is okay at Paradise Beach?. I know you have to be careful of food and drink at some places in Mexico.

Drinks, ice, etc. are fine - Paradise Beach and the other beach clubs use purified water for ice, cooking, drinks, etc. I would be careful with anything from street vendors downtown, otherwise you should be fine (although I am pretty sure that it was bad ice in that 12th margarita that made me so woozy! :o).

8 of us took a large van to the beach . Rates Are posted at the pickup so there is no haggling. Short drive of about 10 minutes. 3$ pp entry, but 2year old not charged. Beach area pleasant and lots if shade. Fun to watch youngsters on apparatus, but none of us paid to do any water activites. Attentive waiters, but not pushy in any way. Gift shop had nice items at reasonable prices. change and rest rooms immaculate. The pool was HUGE, and a true delight. All of it was less than about 4.5 feet deep, so lots of room to just relax snd enjoy the cool, and the drinks. Many lounge chairs on concrete ledges which put the loung in the water to a depth of only a few inches. We had a pleasant lunch in the restaurant, nicely served and fairly priced. Internet at the bar if required. A very nice day enjoyed by us all. Lots of cabs avalable to return to the port.

We will be in Cozumel from 10 to 6 Will that give enough time to go to Paradise beach? Have never not done an excursion from carnival, so kind of nervous. It sounds like there a lots of taxis to catch back to the ship, is this right? Also read some reviews, that said ocean very rocky where the water activities are.We will be going with a 15 and 7 year old, want to make sure it will be fun for them.

We will be in Cozumel from 10 to 6 Will that give enough time to go to Paradise beach? Have never not done an excursion from carnival, so kind of nervous. It sounds like there a lots of taxis to catch back to the ship, is this right? Also read some reviews, that said ocean very rocky where the water activities are.We will be going with a 15 and 7 year old, want to make sure it will be fun for them.

10-15 minute cab ride each way - prices will be posted and cabs are well regulated in Coz (unlike Philly! :mad:). Some rocky beach areas, but they are easy to avoid. Your 7 year old may not enjoy the water toys unless he is a strong swimmer or a parent is with him. Great food/drinks/service, facilities and a HUGE pool. Enjoy! :)

We're going to be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks. My dh is going to do a 2 tank dive with our cruise ship. I want to go to a beach where I can snorkel and just relax with good food and drinks. I don't mind being on my own, but am hoping to share the cost of a cab. I have been to Nachi Cocom before and loved it, but would like to go somewhere closer to the ship and with a better place to snorkel. Would Chakanaab be a good choice fore me? I was also thinking about one of the other AI's. I am having a tough time trying to decide. I just want to make the most of my day there. Thanks so much!

We're going to be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks. My dh is going to do a 2 tank dive with our cruise ship. I want to go to a beach where I can snorkel and just relax with good food and drinks. I don't mind being on my own, but am hoping to share the cost of a cab. I have been to Nachi Cocom before and loved it, but would like to go somewhere closer to the ship and with a better place to snorkel. Would Chakanaab be a good choice fore me? I was also thinking about one of the other AI's. I am having a tough time trying to decide. I just want to make the most of my day there. Thanks so much!

Chank has great snorkeling but also a $20 admission fee. :( Check out the Money Bar - only a $10 cab ride from the piers, no admission, great snorkeling from the shore (you enter the water via steps - no beach), plus great facilities and good food/drinks/service.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

Chank has great snorkeling but also a $20 admission fee. :( Check out the Money Bar - only a $10 cab ride from the piers, no admission, great snorkeling from the shore (you enter the water via steps - no beach), plus great facilities and good food/drinks/service.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

Yes, that fee is a little steep when all I want to do is...nothing, lol! I like the cost of that cab ride which is reasonable even if I go it alone. Thank you for bringing clarity. The Money Bar is #1 on my list now :)