NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

The OBC from my travel agent showed up like this, that's why I'm hoping the NCL Mastercard credit just gets loaded on my account.

Capture.jpg

When I got the 10000 points from my first purchase with my NCL card I contacted the bank and they submitted the certificate for the $100 to my on-board credit.

Actually folks, I just purchased Thermal Spa passes for our 8/20 Escape cruise and received "triple" points. Posting said "triple points for NCL specific purchases". Spa passes were $438 ($219 ea.) and we received 1314 points for that transaction.:) Not sure if there is a list of certain "specific" purchases or not. I went back and checked my January statement when I paid off our cruise. (as you, I put the bill on my new NCL MasterCard) Received double points per the promotion. Gerry

I recently added some things for our upcoming cruise this Saturday, and the representative told me all NCL purchases are now triple points! Sweet!

I have 20000 points card company said worth 200 so how do u figure your claims

From B 0f A ;

Reward Points Cash Reward (1 Point Value)

2,500 - 9,999 = $12.50 - $50.00 $0.005

10,000 - 24,999 = $80.00 - $200.00 $0.008

25,000+ = $250.00+ $0.010

https://www.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/cms/published/root/rps/pdf/Nor045729May2016.pdf

From NCL :

https://www.ncl.com/world-points

IMHO, do not spend your points on OBC.

Redeem your points for cash, AFTER you have 25,000 points,

then make your NCL purchase for triple points.

Or wait until you have enough points(60,000) for a Double Cross meta upgrade on 5-day or longer cruise,

and really save money.

Edited by $hip$hape

I recently added some things for our upcoming cruise this Saturday, and the representative told me all NCL purchases are now triple points! Sweet!

Did the rep say if it was a promotion or is this a change in the rewards to get three points instead of two? I just did a search and judging from this page, it looks like it'll be triple points on NCL purchases going forward. I hope that's the case!

If you book with a TA I assume the charge shows the name of the TA's company rather than NCL...is that correct? I just recently found a TA I like so booked two of my three upcoming cruises with her. How does it work if the charge reflects the TA's company's name? Do I need to jump through some hoops to get the triple points?

With triple points, when I pay these three off, it'll mean about 15,000 points, so I want to make sure I'm credited for three per $ instead of one!

Thanks!

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

If you book with a TA I assume the charge shows the name of the TA's company rather than NCL...is that correct? I just recently found a TA I like so booked two of my three upcoming cruises with her. How does it work if the charge reflects the TA's company's name? Do I need to jump through some hoops to get the triple points?

With triple points, when I pay these three off, it'll mean about 15,000 points, so I want to make sure I'm credited for three per $ instead of one!

Thanks!

That's a good question to ask your TA, to be sure.

For our last cruise (booked through a Travel Agent), my BofA NCL/Mastercard invoice shows the transaction going from my credit card to NCL, and points acquired.

Edited by $hip$hape

I saw that too, but didn't know IF it was just for NEW card members, but IF it's for all of us that is great,, so that will mean still the double or triple now for NCL purchases?

That's a good question to ask your TA, to be sure.

For our last cruise (booked through a Travel Agent), my BofA NCL/Mastercard invoice shows the transaction going from my credit card to NCL, and points acquired.

Are you saying that the charge says it's from NCL and not your TA?

I haven't used a card with TA yet so I can't check it to see how it shows up--if it shows the charge is from NCL or from the name of the travel agency. I'll ask her and see if she knows. I booked both cruises with FCCs and final payment is not for several months.

Are you saying that the charge says it's from NCL and not your TA?

I haven't used a card with TA yet so I can't check it to see how it shows up--if it shows the charge is from NCL or from the name of the travel agency. I'll ask her and see if she knows. I booked both cruises with FCCs and final payment is not for several months.

I'm saying it would be pretty sleezy for your TA to take your points away.

Time is on your side.

Again, make sure you read the "Terms and Conditions".

Cancellation may result in the forfeit of WorldPoints® points. Offer is not eligible for Travel Protection.

The three points for NCL purchases is a welcome surprise. We've been getting one point for regular purchases and an additional point for NCL purchases. Called BAC and was advised that the change to two additional points for NCL purchases was effective May 9th.

We are big fans of the cross meta upgrade or double cross meta upgrade rather than using points for onboard credit or $$ off cruise so the extra point will be helpful.

I'm saying it would be pretty sleezy for your TA to take your points away.

Time is on your side.

Again, make sure you read the "Terms and Conditions".

Cancellation may result in the forfeit of WorldPoints® points. Offer is not eligible for Travel Protection.

Well, I just started working with her, so I'm certainly hoping I won't be using that adjective to describe her! :D

Well, I just started working with her, so I'm certainly hoping I won't be using that adjective to describe her! :D

Sorry for the adjective!:o

I agree with you; certainly sure it won't happen !

P.S. If you only knew how many quilts me DW has made.

Edited by $hip$hape

Sorry for the adjective!:o

I agree with you; certainly sure it won't happen !

P.S. If you only knew how many quilts me DW has made.

Certainly no apology necessary! I'm just hoping this TA works out. I've always booked on my own, but I recently found her and she gives some good OBC, so I'm giving her a try.

Maybe someday we'll be on a cruise together and your DW and I can talk quilting. :)

On a whim yesterday, I applied for this card.

Between the triple points for purchase (final due on the cruise) and the 10,000 bonus points for making a purchase within 60 days and the $75 excursion credit from last year's promo, we should have enough points to get OBC to pay the balance on a couple of ship shore excursions. This is our first NCL cruise and since I don't know if my husband will like it, I figure we may as well use the points for the OBC. If he enjoys it, we can use the card to pay for future cruises and consider banking points for upgrades.

I have a couple of questions.

Are points granted based on when a charge is made or when you pay it off? We have the cash to pay the balance immediately, but I'm wondering if I should wait for a statement or just pay it right away. Our cruise is the first week in September and I want to make sure I've got those bonus points in.

Also -- how quickly does the card information get to you? They had to verify some info, so the application wasn't approved until today. As a result, I don't know the credit available or card number to use. My final payment is due 6/20 and I want to use the card to pay for it.

Thanks!

My responses below...

On a whim yesterday, I applied for this card.

Between the triple points for purchase (final due on the cruise) and the 10,000 bonus points for making a purchase within 60 days and the $75 excursion credit from last year's promo, we should have enough points to get OBC to pay the balance on a couple of ship shore excursions. This is our first NCL cruise and since I don't know if my husband will like it, I figure we may as well use the points for the OBC. If he enjoys it, we can use the card to pay for future cruises and consider banking points for upgrades.

I have a couple of questions.

Are points granted based on when a charge is made or when you pay it off? We have the cash to pay the balance immediately, but I'm wondering if I should wait for a statement or just pay it right away. Our cruise is the first week in September and I want to make sure I've got those bonus points in.

On my online account, I can take a look at the rewards points for each purchase. I pay mine off very quickly (I don't wait for a statement), and that hasn't impacted my points. The 10,000 bonus points were credited within a few days (not sure how many, but I'm pretty sure it was less than a week) of my making the first purchase.

Also -- how quickly does the card information get to you? They had to verify some info, so the application wasn't approved until today. As a result, I don't know the credit available or card number to use. My final payment is due 6/20 and I want to use the card to pay for it.

I received instant approval and the card and documentation came in the mail in about a week's time. When it was approved, I was told what my credit limit is, so I don't know how that will work since they had to verify information for you. If timing is consistent you should get the details with the card within a week to 10 days.

Thanks!

Are points granted based on when a charge is made or when you pay it off?

My experience has been that the rewards points show up once a month at the end of the rewards period no matter when I pay it off. I have an upcoming cruise so was anxiously awaiting how many points I would have total so I could get OBC. Sure enough, it showed pending until the 28th of the month, which is when my monthly statement period ends.

HTH.

We always book through a large online TA and while I enter the payment information on their website, the actual charge comes through NCL. I hadn't heard about the triple points, but hoping it's for all of us with the NCL card. :)

We always book through a large online TA and while I enter the payment information on their website, the actual charge comes through NCL. I hadn't heard about the triple points, but hoping it's for all of us with the NCL card. :)

Thanks. Hopefully it'll be the same with mine.

I looked on NCL's website and it's been changed to reflect the 3 points per dollar on NCL purchases. No indication that it's for new cards or that it's a promo of any kind. That said, I went ahead and made full payment on my Sept cruise just in case. I tend a little toward the cynical when it comes to trusting NCL's website. :o

Agreed. This makes the NCL MasterCard one of the best Cruise-line credit cards.

Got email 6/7 informing me that NCL purchases will now earn 3 points per dollar. That's terrific since I have final payment coming up in September. And with the extra .75 point per dollar I earn with B of A's preferred rewards program, I will be making out on points.

Have 41,111 points currently. Been nice to have had triple points in December when I paid our cruise off. :) My question is, are these points only redeemable in 5,000 point increments or would my onboard credit be $411 if redeemed now ? If 5,000 point increments then, to get to 45,000 points I would have to charge $4,900 or about 1/3 that with NCL and all our reservations are already covered. For $50 additional onboard credit. My cruise is in August, how close to sailing can I redeem points ? I believe my statement closing is the 10th of the month. Regards, Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

• 4 weeks later...

So, last Monday, June 27, I finished my Alaska cruise. They swiped my NCL MasterCard for the $300 at start of the cruise. That charge disappeared as expected. My on-board statement of June 27 tells me that NCL owes me $71.00. Will they give me a $71 credit on my card? If so, how long does that take? It has already been eight days and no credit yet.

Edited by eajusa

Have 41,111 points currently. Been nice to have had triple points in December when I paid our cruise off. :) My question is, are these points only redeemable in 5,000 point increments or would my onboard credit be $411 if redeemed now ? If 5,000 point increments then, to get to 45,000 points I would have to charge $4,900 or about 1/3 that with NCL and all our reservations are already covered. For $50 additional onboard credit. My cruise is in August, how close to sailing can I redeem points ? I believe my statement closing is the 10th of the month. Regards, Gerry

I was just looking at the rules today. It seems like a better deal to take the rewards in cash and use the NCL card for onboard expenses to get the triple points. The OBC is only available in $50, $100 $150 increments from what I read. Cash is paid on the entire balance and is at par to OBC if you have more than 25,000 points. Am I missing something?