Live from the Dawn

megansdad1

[ATTACH]388793[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]388794[/ATTACH]

Aft facing balcony photos can't scroll up to see who asked. Plenty of room could have put another chair out there. Enjoy

Thanks beard!! what deck are these? and these are standard aft balcony not penthouse aft balcony, right??

Awesome pics

Edited by esm54687

So far so good. Haven't had an issue getting a drink. On #3 thanks to the ubp. No restrictions on super premium drinks. Ordered Johnnie Walker blue and paid the 4.95 difference in price.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wow...that's great upcharge! How about MacCallan 18 or 21?

Can you use the $15UBV allocation for wines at the new wine bar? If so, what are some of the best (most expensive) wines available by the glass (California reds)?

Edited by soxfan2013

Photobucket's link is working great, thanks. Enjoy Bermuda and @King's Wharf, we had great cellular signal with AT&T, T-Mobile (and, Sprint devices too) - we used mainly Fi Network & roamed on Digicel at 3G speed - outdoors, even on deck 15 (Breakaway facing Dockyard)

Pictures of your stateroom's interior would be cool - any upgrades, new additions & the HDTV.

Let us know also about the functionality of the free iConcierge App, if you have it installed or used it or not (later on) - if not, don't worry. Pricing info about the satellite internet pricing & format, by MB or still on minutes plan (and, whether the newest/faster SpeedNet has been installed/upgraded)

Soozy, I think, is the same CD on the Breakaway last month while the regular CD, named Dan Dan was away/on vacation.

Enjoy your cruise & have a safe one, smooth ride & happy sailing.

I was told the refurb included all new higher end mattresses in the suites? True or false?

That was a penthouse aft facing #10726

I'm in 9238 soooooooo.... without being tooooo creepy, could you take a pic of the Deck 9 standard aft balcony???? Don't fall over! Thank you and I understand if I am asking too much but if you can they would be the two smaller ones in between the four penthouses balconies. ☺ 😁

Wow...that's great upcharge! How about MacCallan 18 or 21?

Can you use the $15UBV allocation for wines at the new wine bar? If so, what are some of the best (most expensive) wines available by the glass (California reds)?

I have seen maccallan 18 or 21. I have had maccallan single barrel for an upcharge of 3.00

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Would love to see some photos of the Bliss Lounge. :)

86910f5b8f6a229cb342f7c254059618.jpg

6dd5b637b12aced32e06923336c68f8f.jpgc59c92b66a1c8597058f8df9901624ac.jpg

88f404e8c688d26094e03fe2e812990e.jpg

Here's a couple of them. You can see Soozy during the Exclusive Gathering on Tuesday after we left Bermuda.

By the way we had to leave two passengers behind. They waited 10-15 minutes extra. It was a young man who got separated and lost from a large scooter group somewhere in Hamilton. The group that made it back all had to turn in mopeds and run real fast. One of them told me they got lost too and that's why they were running late.

Their adult friend who organized the trip got back off to stay and wait for the lost guy.

I never saw any of the kids anymore. I'm sure we hung out in different places.

I hope he wasn't hurt somewhere. I kept checking Royal Gazette since I got back and didn't see anything.

That's a lousy way to end a nice cruise.

86910f5b8f6a229cb342f7c254059618.jpg

6dd5b637b12aced32e06923336c68f8f.jpgc59c92b66a1c8597058f8df9901624ac.jpg

88f404e8c688d26094e03fe2e812990e.jpg

Here's a couple of them. You can see Soozy during the Exclusive Gathering on Tuesday after we left Bermuda.

By the way we had to leave two passengers behind. They waited 10-15 minutes extra. It was a young man who got separated and lost from a large scooter group somewhere in Hamilton. The group that made it back all had to turn in mopeds and run real fast. One of them told me they got lost too and that's why they were running late.

Their adult friend who organized the trip got back off to stay and wait for the lost guy.

I never saw any of the kids anymore. I'm sure we hung out in different places.

It's weird because I watched them all leave together that morning from my balcony. I remarked at how many were in the group.

I hope he wasn't hurt somewhere. I kept checking Royal Gazette since I got back and didn't see anything.

That's a lousy way to end a nice cruise.

2ed1deb2e2aa863303c3b87821448627.jpg473cca60d59166a0519ebe3fe49ab5f1.jpg

This is me and Ed sitting in Bliss at 7:30 am on Friday waiting for ship clearance. It was packed and well organized. The line was smooth moving.

I don't know about the rest of last year but this year customs border patrol were onboard. No one got off till they saw your little paper and passport. And they really looked at it.

Any other time they just sort of grabbed it on the pier at the bottom of the escalator and said thank you.

This was our 12th year in a row doing this itinerary. And a few on the Royal Majesty.

I don't really care for Dockyard anymore. It's a giant passenger tourist area. It feels weird and expensive. We actually didn't even get off this year. I talked to a lot of passengers who didn't. The two days of pretty steady rain didn't entice me either. I had a great time onboard.

To us it was better when it was quieter. I miss St George's.

We used to take trips out to Dock Yard from St George before it became the mega ship wharf.

Although with the Oracle action and America's Cup it's going to be interesting to be there. We saw Oracle and another one leaving to train but it didn't come out the first two days because of the rain. That I saw. We saw them way off on the horizon for a long while during sail away.

I saw a really nice video last month with artists renditions Etc of all the events and the finished area where it will be held.

One of my posts I mentioned how the Captsin was telling us at a talk they might be chartering a couple ships as floating hotels for AC. Pretty sure he said Breakaway and Dawn was an option. [emoji15]

I don't know how to edit. He said yes on Breakaway. Dawn was considered but he thought they decided no. But that could change. (And possibly mess with my currently booked 5-5-17 cruise...)

Not sure if you would be interested in Holland America, my neighbor took a HAL cruise, Boston to Bermuda last month and LOVED it, that one docks in Hamilton.

I really miss St George, too.

I don't know how to edit. He said yes on Breakaway. Dawn was considered but he thought they decided no. But that could change. (And possibly mess with my currently booked 5-5-17 cruise...)

Thanks for the photos of the Bliss Lounge. It looks a lot like the Bliss on the Gem now. Does it seem any bigger than before? I'm pretty sure the America's Cup is in June 2017 so you should be okay in May.

Thanks for the photos of the Bliss Lounge. It looks a lot like the Bliss on the Gem now. Does it seem any bigger than before? I'm pretty sure the America's Cup is in June 2017 so you should be okay in May.

Oh good.

Not sure if you would be interested in Holland America, my neighbor took a HAL cruise, Boston to Bermuda last month and LOVED it, that one docks in Hamilton.

I would consider it. I've been checking out other ships from Port of Boston. We don't like to fly.

I said to one person I wouldn't like docking in Hamilton and she gave me a whole new perspective on the idea. We talked a lot about the benefits. I think I'd actually enjoy watching the hustle and bustle from my balcony. I wasn't a fan of bus and ferries to Hamilton, etc. But 'living' on a ship docked there sounds fun.

One thing I'd like is it's a more factual peek at life in Bermuda.

So many think Bermuda is just Dock Yard, glass beach (which is glass put there... It didn't mysteriously float up to Bermuda in the middle of the Atlantic... Every day for decades ) Horseshoe bay, caves. Etc.

We took a lot of those 5 hour island tours. They were enjoyable even though we don't see everything.

And I really enjoyed the water excursions out of St George's. We went to places you don't see from Dock Yard excursions.

My absolute favorite used to be the sunset cocktail cruise with Bud (?) from St George. Remember that one. He would play beautiful music.

Coming back into the cut and seeing our ship...best memories. So peaceful. He would talk on way out and be quiet and play the soft music on way back for the sunset.

I'm not positive that was his name. Ed thinks it wasn't. I can probably find it. He did glass bottom boats too. We learned a lot of interning history from him for the few years we went on his trips.

sounds good......miss docking in St. Georges too.. used to be really nice

I would consider it. I've been checking out other ships from Port of Boston. We don't like to fly.

I said to one person I wouldn't like docking in Hamilton and she gave me a whole new perspective on the idea. We talked a lot about the benefits. I think I'd actually enjoy watching the hustle and bustle from my balcony. I wasn't a fan of bus and ferries to Hamilton, etc. But 'living' on a ship docked there sounds fun.

One thing I'd like is it's a more factual peek at life in Bermuda.

So many think Bermuda is just Dock Yard, glass beach (which is glass put there... It didn't mysteriously float up to Bermuda in the middle of the Atlantic... Every day for decades ) Horseshoe bay, caves. Etc.

We took a lot of those 5 hour island tours. They were enjoyable even though we don't see everything.

And I really enjoyed the water excursions out of St George's. We went to places you don't see from Dock Yard excursions.

My absolute favorite used to be the sunset cocktail cruise with Bud (?) from St George. Remember that one. He would play beautiful music.

Coming back into the cut and seeing our ship...best memories. So peaceful. He would talk on way out and be quiet and play the soft music on way back for the sunset.

I'm not positive that was his name. Ed thinks it wasn't. I can probably find it. He did glass bottom boats too. We learned a lot of interning history from him for the few years we went on his trips.

Hamilton is an interesting place to dock....lots to see from your ship...