Booking Dinning Times - can i change later?

Naomigruis

Hi Everyone,

Im a first time NCL cruiser and going on the Sun in September to Alaska.

I am wanting to book our four specialty restaurants (had this included as one of the bonus options) and am not sure if i want to go to the Japanese or Moderno for our fourth dinner - or maybe both and just pay the extra night.

i understand that the popular time slots book out fast so my question is;

if i book what i can now online, can we change the booking once on board? will we be still be charged if we do?

Thanks for the help, this type of pre booking is very new to us and we do love a good speciality dinning experience :D

sylva

Hi Everyone,

I am wanting to book our four specialty restaurants (had this included as one of the bonus options) and am not sure if i want to go to the Japanese or Moderno for our fourth dinner - or maybe both and just pay the extra night.

if i book what i can now online, can we change the booking once on board? will we be still be charged if we do?

Thanks for the help, this type of pre booking is very new to us and we do love a good speciality dinning experience :D

sylva

You can change restaurants, times easily onboard. Just go to the restaurant reservations near guest services. No charge for cancelling in timely manner.

It is quite easy to change the time and restaurant if you make a dining reservation online now. Just go to the desk at the entry of a restaurant or a special desk, often in the Atrium, and they will do it at no charge.

I would ask that you do it as early as possible so others can take advantage of the opening you have created, especially if the cancellation is at a generally preferred time.

i will start booking away, and yes will cancel with plenty of time if we don't go with our rebooked restaurants :)

The most popular restaurant is teppanyaki. Book it quickly if you want to go. The second restaurant that will sell out quickly is Cagney's steakhouse.

If you are going to pay out of pocket, chose one of the fixed priced restaurants to pay out of pocket (teppanyaki or monderno). Use your dining package for the a la carte restaurants.

The most popular restaurant is teppanyaki. Book it quickly if you want to go. The second restaurant that will sell out quickly is Cagney's steakhouse.

If you are going to pay out of pocket, chose one of the fixed priced restaurants to pay out of pocket (teppanyaki or monderno). Use your dining package for the a la carte restaurants.

I can't book the Teppenyaki yet online so that is why i was asking about changing on board, we both love Teppenyaki and really want to do this.

Great advice on which one to pay extra for, will do.

the Dinning options look great, really looking forward to this cruise.

Hi Everyone,

sylva

Book the Japanese restaurant now, the others really don't matter. They hold back about 75% of the slots for booking on board, so you can always do that. You will have no problem getting Cagney's or any of the other specialty restaurants once on board. The problem with the Japanese restaurant is that it only seats about 25, and only has 2 seatings an evening.

Edited by zqvol

Book the Japanese restaurant now, the others really don't matter. They hold back about 75% of the slots for booking on board, so you can always do that. You will have no problem getting Cagney's or any of the other specialty restaurants once on board. The problem with the Japanese restaurant is that it only seats about 25, and only has 2 seatings an evening.

would love to book now but its not open on the cruise planner, i will make it the first thing i do when i get on board so that i have a better chance at getting a table :)

I'm doing the same thing right now- pre booking specialty restaurants for our Sept 3 Escape cruise.

I've made 3 reservations - 1 Teppanyani required pre-payment- and the other 2 required no pre-payment..

Where do I see the reservations I've booked that did not require a charge? I can see my res for Teppanyani and also for 'For the Record' in my cruise summary on NCL. I can't figure out where to see the res for Cagneys and for LaCucina. I did not do a print screen when purchased and no email yet. But I put the reservations in My Cart and 'bought' them....

Thanks for the help.

Kathy

I called yesterday, trying to make one reservation for 12 and the agent recommended waiting til we get onboard, because they close the online ones at 25%, which means 75% of the reservations are left to be booked onboard.

I was able to book 12 for Manhattan Room online (for Escape.)

My question is similar to yours, we made reservations online for some nights, and I know I can change some, but how about adding a person? We have a large group, but won't be eating all together but once. The other nights, there will be between 6-7. I made some reservations with 6 (since NCL doesn't let you do odd numbers) but I realized I should've done 8. Will it be easy to add one person once onboard?

I can't book the Teppenyaki yet online so that is why i was asking about changing on board, we both love Teppenyaki and really want to do this.
On older ships Teppanyaki is a tiny venue (the website says "accommodates 12" :eek:) so I'm not sure if they ever open it up for on-line pre-reservations. If they did for your sailing, the available seats must already be long gone. When you stop by on the first day, make sure to ask them if they plan to open Teppanyaki for lunch on sea days, that will add some availability.