Haven Spa Suite or Haven Courtyard Penthouse on Breakaway

I have stayed in both cabin types. The spa suite does come with the thermal spa pass for two which is great assuming you'll use it. But you are two decks below the actual Haven courtyard and that can make you feel removed from the Haven itself (if you're so inclined to hang out there).

Tracy

Hi,

Which would you choose? This is an adults only cruise and only 2 people to a room. Thanks!

We have stayed in both. The spa suite is a nice suite with the Jacuzzi tub in your room is nice. We used the Spa Pass on most days of the cruise for a few hours in the morning. It got very crowded later.

It was nice being in the Haven for our last cruise. You have to take into consideration the cost between the two suites. If they are close to the same, then the Haven is the better choice. You won't go wrong with either suite.

Monty

We have stayed in both. The spa suite is a nice suite with the Jacuzzi tub in your room is nice. We used the Spa Pass on most days of the cruise for a few hours in the morning. It got very crowded later.

It was nice being in the Haven for our last cruise. You have to take into consideration the cost between the two suites. If they are close to the same, then the Haven is the better choice. You won't go wrong with either suite.

Monty

I feel like the spa suite is larger, no? I've only stayed in the 2 bed haven suite but visited people in the others.

We are staying in a Haven Spa Suite on the Getaway (basically the same ship as the breakaway) I will let you know how it is when I get back! We sail in 6 days!

I'm sailing in an H9 the same week as you, guess we'll be neighbors! :D

Not 100% certain, but I think the Haven Spa Suite has a smaller balcony than the regular Haven Suite. And, as others point out, the Spa Suite is a couple of decks away from the Haven restuarant, outside area and Bar area.

But, the spa is included with the Spa Suite, and that is worth something...we spent a lot of time there.

I thought we'd use the Jacuzzi tub, but really didn't because we were always on the way to the Spa.

Can't go wrong with either.

Nowadays you can buy the spa pass on the NCL website in advance of your cruise, but generally the Penthouse in the Haven costs more and then you add on top of it the cost of the spa pass - well, the Spa Suite is usually less expensive. IMO either cabin is really good and the Haven is only a quick trip upstairs. Being within the Haven is great, but I'd rather be in a larger suite up there since I have to pay more anyway - like the 2 bedroom - that comes with a drastically better bathroom.

We just returned yesterday from our Getaway cruise. We had the Haven Spa Suite and loved it. It was the quietest cabin we have ever had. Only two floors to the Haven and one to the Spa. We used the jacuzzi tub a couple of times and it was great. Ample room on the balcony.

I had asked this question once before and was told the spa room was supposed to be more romantic with the jacuzzi in the room.

I'm traveling with family this year so I'm in the Haven 2bdrm but I LOVE the spa and if I could travel again with just hubby and had the money I'd do the spa room , even if it is set apart from the rest of the haven.