Question concerning D+ BOGO Specialty Dining 1st & 2nd Night

doug618

Hi All-

Sailing on the Harmony this November. Looking to reserve Chops Grille for the 1st night. Online cruise planner does not let you use the D+ BOGO for 1st & 2nd night specialty dining, buy one get second free. Spoke to someone at C&A who indicated that I can book & pay for it online in advance and then get a refund back for second person once on the ship.

Has anyone done this recently? If so, was it a hassle or did they refund the second person easily at the Specialty Restaurant? Was refund given back your credit card or ship board credit?

Thanks.

-Doug

You can do it two ways, and both ways have have been reported to work recently:

Reserve for two pre-cruise and get a credit on board.

Reserve for one pre-cruise and tell them onboard you will have two.

Bob - for some reason I have never used this D+ perk but do want to use it on Empress. So, I can book our 2 desired days/times in Chops ahead of time and get an OBC credit back for one of them once on board? Thanks!

I always read it that your second free cover was the same night and since I'm usually by myself or with a D+ couple or non D+ friends, just never thought it would apply.

Edited by MattInFLL

Bob - for some reason I have never used this D+ perk but do want to use it on Empress. So, I can book our 2 desired days/times in Chops ahead of time and get an OBC credit back for one of them once on board? Thanks!

I always read it that your second free cover was the same night and since I'm usually by myself or with a D+ couple or non D+ friends, just never thought it would apply.

I've read multiple reports from folks who have gotten OBC credit when they booked specialty restaurants pre-cruise and then used their BOGO coupon. Also, sometime within the last year or so they changed the D+ BOGO coupon to cover both nights 1 and 2.

I go the route pre pay for one and add second person when I get on the ship. It just seems less hassle going to the restaurant and requesting the addition of one person than having to request a refund and checking for that to be processed.

They don't have tables for one on the ship so I know there will never be a problem adding one person to the reservation.:)

I've read multiple reports from folks who have gotten OBC credit when they booked specialty restaurants pre-cruise and then used their BOGO coupon. Also, sometime within the last year or so they changed the D+ BOGO coupon to cover both nights 1 and 2.

Thanks Bob.

I go the route pre pay for one and add second person when I get on the ship. It just seems less hassle going to the restaurant and requesting the addition of one person than having to request a refund and checking for that to be processed.

They don't have tables for one on the ship so I know there will never be a problem adding one person to the reservation.:)

That is what we do as well.

Wow...Bob...never though to do that! Book for one and show up for two?

Or do you let them know right away once you board that you are adding

the second person?

We actually have not had a problem booking as soon as we board the ship,

but that is a great idea anyway! :) Don't want the hassle of making sure

we get the credit posted back. This is how we use up our OBC, since 100.00

for a 7 night gives us plenty for both Chops and Giovannis plus extra tips. :)

Too bad we can't use it for Chef's Table. :p

Wow...Bob...never though to do that! Book for one and show up for two?

Or do you let them know right away once you board that you are adding

the second person?...

I would let them know to expect another person.

Good point..... Next time I think I'll will do the same. Seems like less hassle I agree.

We are sailing on Harmony on the 18th September 2016 and this will be our first time cruising as D+. Does anyone know which restaurants the D+ offer can't be used in? I'm sure I've read somewhere that Wonderland is one of them that it can't be used in but wanted to see if anyone can confirm this or not and advise of any other?

Edited by Lotus Girl

We are sailing on Harmony on the 18th September 2016 and this will be our first time cruising as D+. Does anyone know which restaurants the D+ offer can't be used in? I'm sure I've read somewhere that Wonderland is one of them that it can't be used in but wanted to see if anyone can confirm this or not and advise of any other?

The only restriction I see on the coupon is that it cannot be used in the a la carte restaurants.

We used it for Wonderland on Quantum in Nov. 2014.