Questions on Solo Cruise (Anthem)

mikekf7

Hello everyone, I've been increasingly interested in booking a 12 day in Jan aboard the Anthem. I have sailed solo one time before and have another solo booked for the beginning of Jan.

My first question, if I book the cruise through a travel agent will I still be eligible for the double points? (won't be staying in a studio)

The other big question is to anyone that has solo cruised on the quantum class. How was the dining? I like the more traditional dining because you get to sit with the same people every night. It seems as if the classic option is not available though. Not sure if I could call and get added in since I'm a diamond member.

Hello everyone, I've been increasingly interested in booking a 12 day in Jan aboard the Anthem. I have sailed solo one time before and have another solo booked for the beginning of Jan.

My first question, if I book the cruise through a travel agent will I still be eligible for the double points? (won't be staying in a studio)

The other big question is to anyone that has solo cruised on the quantum class. How was the dining? I like the more traditional dining because you get to sit with the same people every night. It seems as if the classic option is not available though. Not sure if I could call and get added in since I'm a diamond member.

Haven't gone solo before but been on the Quantum and the Anthem of the Seas twice with another one booked for October. They did have dining where you stayed with the same people and servers and just changed restaurants and if all else fails the Windjammer on this ship is the best we have ever had and is huge!

... My first question, if I book the cruise through a travel agent will I still be eligible for the double points? (won't be staying in a studio) ....

Certainly, booking through a travel agent does not affect your C&A points.

Good deal, I think I read something to the tune of single travelers won't receive double credit if booked through TA. Oh well, the extra OBC is better than the extra points anyway if I don't receive them.

Good deal, I think I read something to the tune of single travelers won't receive double credit if booked through TA. Oh well, the extra OBC is better than the extra points anyway if I don't receive them.

If you don't receive the extra points, and you did not book a Studio stateroom, then call C&A and they will fix it.

hello everyone, i've been increasingly interested in booking a 12 day in jan aboard the anthem. I have sailed solo one time before and have another solo booked for the beginning of jan.

My first question, if i book the cruise through a travel agent will i still be eligible for the double points? (won't be staying in a studio)

the other big question is to anyone that has solo cruised on the quantum class. How was the dining? I like the more traditional dining because you get to sit with the same people every night. It seems as if the classic option is not available though. Not sure if i could call and get added in since i'm a diamond member.

ask to be put on the waitlist for dynamic classic and ask your ta to advocate as well.

I've travelled solo on both Anthem and Ovation. I had a ball on both cruises, but my one bugbear was dynamic dining. I usually don't have a problem sitting on a large table with freedom dining, but on both of these cruises about half the time I was put on a table on my own. I was a real Billy No Mates!! It happened in all four restaurants but Silk was the worst on both cruises. It looks like 'Classic' may be the way to go. Enjoy the cruise, she's a beautiful ship.

I always sail solo and always pick Traditional Dining (except with Norwegian Cruise Line, which only has Freestyle dining). My experience on the Allure of the Seas a few years ago was not encouraging. Most of time my the others at my table did not show up (and neither did I for most meals), presumably because there were so many dining venue choices available people wanted to try a variety of places (which was why I missed a lot of meals in the main dining room). That may be different with Dynamic Dining. For my next RCI cruise I opted for My Time Dining for this reason. I hope you have better luck than I did.