Vision is Repositioning to Galveston from Cape Liberty Oct 2017

I have been waiting to find out where Vision will be going after it's Canada/New England run next fall and it came out today.

On Oct. 23rd 2017 Vision will do a 14 night from Cape Liberty to Galveston going to Labadee, ABC's, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Progreso.

She will be doing 4 & 5 night runs from there on. Sailings are showing up to Dec 2017 only.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

I have been waiting to find out where Vision will be going after it's Canada/New England run next fall and it came out today.

On Oct. 23rd 2017 Vision will do a 14 night from Cape Liberty to Galveston going to Labadee, ABC's, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Progreso.

She will be doing 4 & 5 night runs from there on. Sailings are showing up to Dec 2017 only.

Thanks for this info. We too have been looking daily hoping it would bring us home to Tampa. Darn!

Thanks for this info. We too have been looking daily hoping it would bring us home to Tampa. Darn!

We were booked on the Raphsody B3B NJ, QUE, to TPA........they switched us over to the Vision leaving the 23 hanging. We also would have preferred somewhere in Fl.

Not sure what to do at this point. Will ponder it awhile:)

Likewise, sans the repo. But we were planning to book the RH to Tampa. We will still do Vision R/T (NJ - Quebec - NJ) and then fly home, yuck.

One thing I find interesting is the page on Royals web site that says:

"Was $1,349.00 USD*

You Save an Average of $392.00 USD per person"

When was this repo ever priced at $1,349 since it is brand new today? This surely is illegal, wouldn't you think. I will not pursue it though, not worth my time or effort.

Likewise, sans the repo. But we were planning to book the RH to Tampa. We will still do Vision R/T (NJ - Quebec - NJ) and then fly home, yuck.

One thing I find interesting is the page on Royals web site that says:

"Was $1,349.00 USD*

You Save an Average of $392.00 USD per person"

When was this repo ever priced at $1,349 since it is brand new today? This surely is illegal, wouldn't you think. I will not pursue it though, not worth my time or effort.

Stopping at any of the ABCs make it legit.

Stopping at any of the ABCs make it legit.

That's true, IF we were talking about the Jones Act or the PVSA, BUT we're not.

The point I was making is in reference to the Federal Trade Commission and Florida Laws on false advertising.

FTC GUIDES AGAINST DECEPTIVE PRICING

Sec 233.1 233.2 233.3

§233.1 Former price comparisons.

(a) One of the most commonly used forms of bargain advertising is to offer a reduction from the advertiser's own former price for an article. If the former price is the actual, bona fide price at which the article was offered to the public on a regular basis for a reasonably substantial period of time, it provides a legitimate basis for the advertising of a price comparison. Where the former price is genuine, the bargain being advertised is a true one. If, on the other hand, the former price being advertised is not bona fide but fictitious -- for example, where an artificial, inflated price was established for the purpose of enabling the subsequent offer of a large reduction -- the ``bargain'' being advertised is a false one; the purchaser is not receiving the unusual value he expects. In such a case, the "reduced" price is, in reality, probably just the seller's regular price.

Edited by Tagsalong

There are many times we have wanted to do a short trip out of Galveston and didn't want to go on Carnival. I hope this is very successful for RCCL. Back in 2005 we did a 5 night on the Rhapsody and had a great time. This will be interesting to see how Carnival responds since they have 3 year round ships in Galveston now.

I understand this is great for many Loyal Royal fans, but personally I wish Royal would've gone West again. Vision is a smaller boat, holds about 2,000 people. I would've been great to see a cruise from Cape Liberty to Fort Lauderdale, and then Fort Lauderdale to either San Diego or Los Angeles through the Canal, and then cruises to the West. 2 night weekend cruises to Ensenada, 5 night cruises with an overnight in Cabo, or a 7 or 8 night to Cabo, Mazatlan or Puerto Vallarta. This is a beautiful region, and I would love to see Royal back there doing regular cruises. They used to sail the Monarch on 3/4 night cruises, and Mariner on weeklongs. Of course, you're bound to have a rough time selling the ship out with that many. It could also be a venue for a 15-17 night Roundtrip cruise to Hawaii from Cali. San Diego is pretty empty, with no ships committing to a full season. I really feel as though Royal could've done something out West for the winter 2017/18 season, as the marking has proved to grow over the past few years. I guess we'll have to wait....

The web site is showing the Vision sailing out of Galveston and Venice in Nov 2017??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Me too...

Just a guess, since the Galveston cruise is the newest... the Venice cruises are listed as "Sold Out" which means for this ship it's not doing that itinerary.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

Just a guess, since the Galveston cruise is the newest... the Venice cruises are listed as "Sold Out" which means for this ship it's not doing that itinerary.

Yes, Rhapsody is actually doing those cruises from Venice and they are showing available under her. They just haven't been removed from Vision yet. (Surprise, surprise...)

Yes, Rhapsody is actually doing those cruises from Venice and they are showing available under her. They just haven't been removed from Vision yet. (Surprise, surprise...)

Your absolutely right. How could I have forgotten about the flip flop of ships.:confused:

Galveston is our homeport too and the only option for shorter than 7 nt has been Carnival for years. Glad to see we will have a nicer option for this itinerary. Wish it was stopping in Progresso though instead of Costa Maya, but beggers can't be choosers. Happy either way! I just adore the beaches and ease of reaching them in Progresso and the authentic feel there. Great beach massages at a very cheap price too always hit my buttons. :p

Galveston is our homeport too and the only option for shorter than 7 nt has been Carnival for years. Glad to see we will have a nicer option for this itinerary. Wish it was stopping in Progresso though instead of Costa Maya, but beggers can't be choosers. Happy either way! I just adore the beaches and ease of reaching them in Progresso and the authentic feel there. Great beach massages at a very cheap price too always hit my buttons. :p

Vision will be on a 4/5/5 schedule. One of the 5 night itineraries does indeed include Progresso (plus Cozumel). The other 5 nighter includes Costa Maya (plus Cozumel). The 4 nighter just includes Cozumel.

I wonder how long Vision will stay in Galveston, time will tell.

For those who've sailed her since drydock, are the PV oceanviews real windows or just the TV thing used on Navigator et al.