Allure - Live August 28th to September 4th - Changes in Latitude Change my Attitude

A&L_Ont

I don't think I could say it any better than this.

d274a7e64c794323def70ff5e468ad6f.jpg

That is until you see the NOAA 5 Day Tropical Weather Outlook and one's overall happiness declines slightly.

18bd691733ed027626e0c59ce5e0250c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, fellow cruise addicts, it's time to pack your virtual bags for another cruise. Have them at your front door for this Saturday morning. I will honk once at 10am, and if you're not ready, you better get to your nearest airport ASAP. Otherwise, we will meet you at the gangway on Sunday. If you are any later than that, you better be prepared to be singled out as the newest pier runner on YouTube or Periscope.

So where are we off to this time you ask? Let me give you a hint in the form of a quote from the world renowned scientist Dr. Emmett Brown, the inventor of time travel and a student of all sciences. "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads". I guess you could say we are going "Back to the Future". We are returning to Allure of the Seas, but on its new eastern itinerary. As of now we are to be porting in St Martin, San Juan and Labadee. This will be confirmed as we go forward.:eek:

Edited by A&L_Ont

This will be our home starting Sunday.

c4139d0107100f2ebf6e63fad6d68946.jpg

This will be our itinerary, unless Mother Nature has her way with us and changes our plans.

850b7f06acc45653c034676e30f535dd.jpg

Now if you could just oust these folks out of our cabin before we arrive it will be all good. :D

6a7197323df2efdc51f9851d7a850c21.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

If you didn't follow our live review last Mach on our B2B, I better give you some background of who you will be tagging along with. Now if you read it before and forgot, let me call you Dory, and tell you to "just keep reading, keep reading..."

Since your mom told you (I sure hope she did) never to talk to strangers or get into a car with one, I better introduce us to you. You will be travelling with my DW Lisa (40), DS Owen (9) and me, being Andrew (44). We live in SW Ontario. If you have a teenaged daughter ask them where Stratford Ontario is, and they will immediately point out Justin Bieber’s home town on a map. We are just west of there and thankfully we do not personally know that Canadian export. On behalf of a nation I ask, “Is it too late to say sorry now?

If I haven’t lessened your fear of strangers, you can learn a bit more about “us” before we depart. You can read my other three completed CC reviews. Our most recent review was our March B2B on Allure. Some of you might remember our review of our Oasis July 2011 cruise we took, the one where the mirror fell off our wall and landed on our bed in the middle of the night. If you want to read more, see the links in my signature.

Edited by A&L_Ont

So before you commit let me quickly inform you what type of review you will get. There might be hourly posts at times but more likely a few times a day. They will be off the cuff, contain pictures and whatever else I feel like adding. I will do my best to answer questions, like an excursion guide, and I just might make up the answers if I don't know them.

I might even post the Compass at some point, but that won't happen until we return home. There will be periscopes at sea, thanks to Allure’s wonderful Wi-Fi and from ports thanks to data plans and free Wi-Fi locations. I will do a quick periscope Friday or Saturday just to make sure we are connected. As the self-proclaimed originator of the guacamole scope, you know you can count on me for another one. I have a few other things planned over and above my normal scopes, so hopefully I can make it happen. You can follow me at Andrew_1720 for periscope fun.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Looking forward to your review. I just booked this ship for April-it will be our first RC cruise. My boys are 9 and 4. If your son goes to the kids club, I would love to hear his review, and relay to my son. Thanks and have fun.

This will be our home starting Sunday.

c4139d0107100f2ebf6e63fad6d68946.jpg

This will be our itinerary, unless Mother Nature has her way with us and changes our plans.

850b7f06acc45653c034676e30f535dd.jpg

Now if you could just oust these folks out of our cabin before we arrive it will be all good. :D

6a7197323df2efdc51f9851d7a850c21.jpg

I think you should recreate this photo! do you have a lavender shirt?

Bon Voyage, and I hope the weather doesn't interfere with your travel plans too much.

Once you get onboard, can you do me a favor, Andrew, and let me know who the CD is. (The handover between Tim and Dru was scheduled for last weekend, but didn't happen then.) Thanks so much!

Well, fellow cruise addicts, it's time to pack your virtual bags for another cruise. Have them at your front door for this Saturday morning. I will honk once at 10am, and if you're not ready, you better get to your nearest airport ASAP. Otherwise, we will meet you at the gangway on Sunday. If you are any later than that, you better be prepared to be singled out as the newest pier runner on YouTube or Periscope.

So where are we off to this time you ask? Let me give you a hint in the form of a quote from the world renowned scientist Dr. Emmett Brown, the inventor of time travel and a student of all sciences. "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads". I guess you could say we are going "Back to the Future". We are returning to Allure of the Seas, but on its new eastern itinerary. As of now we are to be porting in St Martin, San Juan and Labadee. This will be confirmed as we go forward.:eek:

Andrew, you're killing me. I was so going to do a semi live review, kind of a follow up to my one on Freedom last year. Everything you've done so far almost mirrors my thought pattern. Now it would just look like I'm copying yours. :( Lord knows I can't compete with your style.

Back to the drawing board :o

Yippee - another Andrew review. Love them.

john - please do your review too. We promise not to accuse you of copying.

I am always so impressed by those of you who do live reviews. I freely admit to being too selfish to do it. So thank you for your thoughtfulness.

Looking forward to your review. I just booked this ship for April-it will be our first RC cruise. My boys are 9 and 4. If your son goes to the kids club, I would love to hear his review, and relay to my son. Thanks and have fun.

This will be Owen's first cruise in the age 9 group so I will share his impressions. I will post kids compasses when we return. I hope it helps.

Looking forward to a very fun week Andrew!:)

Thanks Bob, I too am looking forward to the fun week.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I think you should recreate this photo! do you have a lavender shirt?

Not that I'd admit too.;)

We'll be getting on as you're getting off. Hope all goes ok for you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We shall prep Allure for your arrival.:)

Bon Voyage, and I hope the weather doesn't interfere with your travel plans too much.

Once you get onboard, can you do me a favor, Andrew, and let me know who the CD is. (The handover between Tim and Dru was scheduled for last weekend, but didn't happen then.) Thanks so much!

Donna, if I happen to forget please remind me. It is the least I can do for you since you do a wonderful job keeping the CD list up to date.

We will be on with you! That is, if Allure can return to and leave port.

I will swim to the ship if need be. See you there. :p