eating embarkation day on liberty

Isn't windjammer on the lido? :rolleyes:

Really don't want to venture into the maddening crowds! :eek:

Lido is not a term used on Royal Caribbean ships. It means shore or beach, and is used by some cruise lines to mean the pool deck.

The Windjammer buffet on many of RC's ships is on the same deck as the pools, but not on all.

So your choices on the Liberty of the Seas on embarkation day is the Windjammer Buffet on Deck 11, Sorrento's pizza place on the Royal Promenade on Deck 5, or Café Promenade for sandwiches and little bites on the Royal Promenade on Deck 5.

Thank you! I am trying to plan our attack!!!:D

For us the best plan of attack was patience.

We had a nice breakfast at the hotel before heading to the ship. We enjoyed the solarium until they announced the rooms were available (at 1). That's when we hit the windjammer with no lines.

We thought it was a great call, as that was the only time the solarium was not overcrowded.

The room was still there when we finished lunch (and so were our bags!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by nealstuber

Deck four is correct. I believed we walked towards the forward of the ship and found an elevator to take up. Most go towards the back to get on the elevator. The Windjammer wasn't awful- plenty of food and waiters available to refill drinks and assist those with mobility issues. These folks are pros and know how to turn over of a ship. We had a great seat and enjoyed a nice lunch and people watched for a few.

Lido is not a term used on Royal Caribbean ships. It means shore or beach, and is used by some cruise lines to mean the pool deck.

The Windjammer buffet on many of RC's ships is on the same deck as the pools, but not on all.

So your choices on the Liberty of the Seas on embarkation day is the Windjammer Buffet on Deck 11, Sorrento's pizza place on the Royal Promenade on Deck 5, or Café Promenade for sandwiches and little bites on the Royal Promenade on Deck 5.

First cruise on Royal not sure about the terminology, thought the lido was the eating deck sorry. :o

For us the best plan of attack was patience.

We had a nice breakfast at the hotel before heading to the ship. We enjoyed the solarium until they announced the rooms were available (at 1). That's when we hit the windjammer with no lines.

We thought it was a great call, as that was the only time the solarium was not overcrowded.

The room was still there when we finished lunch (and so were our bags!)

We will be driving in!!! Thank you

That's what I was thinking, but I've only been on two RC cruises, so my knowledge is limited. Thanks for verifying that I wasn't imagining it.

I think you would find the Windjammer very well laid out on Royal. While it does get busy we have always been able to find seats and make quick runs thru the lines. If Liberty has a Giovanni's Table that has also been a paid option for us when we want a quieter full-service meal. I am not sure if it is available on embarkation day on Liberty but I KNOW all the experts here can answer that if you are looking for another choice.

I think you would find the Windjammer very well laid out on Royal. While it does get busy we have always been able to find seats and make quick runs thru the lines. If Liberty has a Giovanni's Table that has also been a paid option for us when we want a quieter full-service meal. I am not sure if it is available on embarkation day on Liberty but I KNOW all the experts here can answer that if you are looking for another choice.

Giovanni's is excellent place for lunch but not open on 1st day, windjammer is also packed on 1st day, on our last cruise , they let people use Chops tables since they ran out of tables in WJ ( Chops is normally dedicated to suite quest only, for breakfast and lunch)

Edited by George C

sounds great for during the cruise BUT i was looking for an alternative for embarkation day!! :D

we will probably try the promenade deck and see what they have to offer!:rolleyes:

So, maybe it is only the Oasis class ships that open Giovanni's for lunch? I really thought we had lunch in Giovanni's on embarkation day on Freedom...but it could be my aging memory again. Whenever we have the chance to go to Giovanni's at embarkation we go because it is so relaxing! And, the food is great. I can't even remember what it cost us.