Spray tan before cruise?

hlauburn

Does anyone have any experience/advice on doing a spray tan before cruising? I'd just like to have some color for vacation. I'm thinking about doing a booth spray tan, but I'm wondering how soon before we leave I should do it and should I do a "trial run" a couple weeks before??

Any advice would be GREAT! :)

Thanks

If you've never had one, definitely do a trial! Also know that ankles, knees, elbows, neck, wrists.....(all the "foldy" areas) tend to fade faster than the rest of you, and pools/beaches can make that even worse, leaving you with a "dirty" look in those areas. Just a "heads up"!

I spray tan the day before we leave. Take a body scrub (I like the sugar scrubs) with you & a loofa to get rid of the dirty spots. I also take a spray tan atomizer with me to touch up if needed. One thing with a spray tan you really need to moisturize to keep it looking good

Be sure to shave & loofah before going to tan.

Do put barrier cream on palms & bottoms of feet.

I find I am a bit TOO tan the first day...but am traveling so don't really care. (I try to do it the night before, then shower in the AM to tame it a bit)

I am very pleased with the new Versatan booths--after the first day I find it to be fairly realistic & even. If you have a reputable person who does spray tans in your area, you might check into that if you are comfortable getting naked in front of a stranger!

Sometimes it can fade a bit unevenly--I bring some Jergen's Natural Glow along to minimize this. Then hopefully the tan I acquire on the cruise will finish the job!

It will last close to a week usually!

I got a spray tan once and it did last through the cruise. I had it done the night before & was SO dark. When I showered the next morning it was like orange paint was coming off of me, but after the shower it looked much more natural. The spray tan place sold me a special moisturizer (expensive) and I don't know if that was necessary, but the tan lasted all week.

I always get a spray tan the day before we leave and love it. The salon sells a touch up spray that I have bought for long cruises but usually it lasts about a week Be sure to protect your hands if you are self tanning and definitely do the sugar (not salt) scrub before you get the spray tan.

It takes a little trouble but I think it is worth it. Porcelain may be in but my fair skin is freckled and blotchy. Plus nothing smooths out cellulite better than a little color.

• 2 months later...

I'm definitely going to get a spray tan before my cruise in June- will look a little silly as it will be winter here in the land down under but I don't care! Where we're going will be warm so don't want my pasty white skin on display!

Just remember to take off your socks when you go in the booth. A friend got a spray tan pre-cruise a few years ago absent-mindedly left her ankle socks on. She went on the cruise with quite the farmers tan down there, LOL.

Exfoliate every day for a week before a spray tan, then shave the day before. If you shave the day of the tan you run the risk of having dotty legs depending on the weather.

Then moisturise every morning and evening after the tan. Our skin cells shed and the drier we are the more that happens and the tan comes off.

I use a spray moisturiser in the morning and a heavy lotion at night. Vaseline has a great spray.

To refresh it, you can use something like this after it starts to fade (as long as it isn't blotchy and patchy).

https://www.letan.com.au/product/5380/daily-glow-250ml

I'm so pale I turn purple if I get cold. You bet I'll be getting a tan before I go! My local Ella Bache salon has a beautiful, natural spray tan that matches my skin perfectly (many others turn me too brown or orange).

I did a spray tan before our Hawaii cruise (place I'd gone to before & product I'd used before). Streaked at day 3, never had that before. Luckily o was still in Hawaii (& not on the ship) & was able to sugar scrub the streaks away. No more for me

• 3 weeks later...
Just remember to take off your socks when you go in the booth. A friend got a spray tan pre-cruise a few years ago absent-mindedly left her ankle socks on. She went on the cruise with quite the farmers tan down there, LOL.

That is funny. I can just picture all those farmers out there on tractors wearing only socks. LOL

Thanks for the laugh.