Twin infants- bedding arrangement ideas?

cj_one2000

Got a referral from another CCer that Kerri might know the answer.... Here goes in case there are other twin parents out there that can help.

Hoping someone might know the answer to this question: is it possible to remove a single bed from an inside stateroom to make room for two crib pack-n-plays?

I ask because my cousin booked two inside connecting rooms. She and hubby would like to be arranged in one room, and put the twin infants and a toddler in the same room but is worried two pack-n-plays won't fit. Would RCI staff be willing to accommodate this request? I think I read something somewhere a while ago (can't remember where) that only one crib per stateroom is allowed. Any info/advice you have would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure they will figure out a solution. They may SAY one P&P per cabin, but since you have 2 cabins, you can put them however you want. You could move the chairs or tables...whatever might be in the way to accommodate the 2 P&Ps. It will be fine!

They will not remove a bed from a cabin. cb is correct though - once you're on board, they don't care if you put both cribs in one cabin. My girls were 13 months on their first cruise and just slept in the bed, but we were all in the same cabin. I think having all the kids in a connecting room should work great, and I would think they'll find a way to put both cribs in there - it may mean crawling on the empty bed to get to one of the cribs though.

In don't know if they have ever done this on any cruise line but Carnival, but in an inside room - or OV, you can move the beds into an L shape. This was our inside on Fascination when we boarded:

P1000003_zps5znvkco5.jpg

And this is our cabin after I moved my bed to the other wall:

P1000019_zpsqjesyrye.jpg

Since the toddler wouldn't be concerned about using the nightstand, just enough space to get up to the bathroom (if potty trained), you could ask to try this. EM

I had thought of that configuration too but that cabin looks wider than the Royal Caribbean interiors. The beds typically are going in the direction of the bed that was moved (bed on right in second picture). The other issue is the connecting door which would be on the right in these pictures assuming the vanity and mirror are on the left.

Edit: I found this video, not a connecting interior but an interior to give you some idea. The couch will be a chair instead to make room for the connecting door.

Edited by reallyitsmema

They will not remove a bed from a cabin. cb is correct though - once you're on board' date=' they don't care if you put both cribs in one cabin. My girls were 13 months on their first cruise and just slept in the bed, but we were all in the same cabin. I think having all the kids in a connecting room should work great, and I would think they'll find a way to put both cribs in there - it may mean crawling on the empty bed to get to one of the cribs though.[/quote']

That's what I was thinking, you could squeeze them in there but if you had to get up in the middle of the night and have to crawl across a bed, eek. I'll give RCI a call with some of these ideas and ask if the configuration can be done even if a bed can't be moved. I don't know if her twins are big movers when they sleep (my daughter is almost 26 months and once she started rolling around as an infant, she wiggles all around so much I don't think even a queen size bed would be big enough, ha).

I did see somewhere recently that the stateroom attendant can add a bumper rail type thing to help kiddos stay in a twin size bed? Do they go down the length of the bed or just a portion?

I'm pretty sure they will figure out a solution. They may SAY one P&P per cabin, but since you have 2 cabins, you can put them however you want. You could move the chairs or tables...whatever might be in the way to accommodate the 2 P&Ps. It will be fine!

Yeah, my cousin wanted the connecting room on deck 8 aft on Liberty because it's literally right across the hall where her parents are staying in a royal family suite but she wanted her own space with the convenience of having help next door.

CB I've heard of people asking for the coffee table to be moved, would they also take out the couch or no? Would that be too weird to ask or not even worth trying to ask for it?

I had thought of that configuration too but that cabin looks wider than the Royal Caribbean interiors. The beds typically are going in the direction of the bed that was moved (bed on right in second picture). The other issue is the connecting door which would be on the right in these pictures assuming the vanity and mirror are on the left.

Edit: I found this video, not a connecting interior but an interior to give you some idea. The couch will be a chair instead to make room for the connecting door.

Thank you for your input. I'm familiar with insides as I've stayed in a few myself and I know they can feel crammed with the existing layout and the furniture so I'm trying to imagine two pack-n-plays in there. [emoji15]

We did this on Carnival, but there is literally only enough room to squeeze through sideways to get to the bathroom. Other sizes/styles of cabins might be slightly better or worse, but in any case it will be like living in a shoe box... with the shoes still in it. ;)

How old are the infants? If they are small enough, it might be possible to use a single crib. On the far end: we stopped using cribs during cruises when ours were just under 2. Easier to put the pullman mattress on the floor and let them sleep there, and have it out of the way during the day. (Naps would be on the regular bed.)

We had a junior size pack n play when my twin girls were younger for travel plus the regular size one for space issues. Now we use the jr. size one for travel with our youngest. It is still big enough - my kids tend to sleep curled not stretched out -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...