Explorer penthouse bathrooms

rcandkc

My husband and I like bathrooms with shower and tub. I like to relax in tub some evenings. We generally book penthouse suites but on Explorer it looks like all of the penthouse level suites only have a shower. I'm I reading the deck plans correctly? We are thinking of booking a cruise on the new ship but not really liking the deck plans.

Are you sure there's no tub in the penthouse suites? Looks to me like there would be one against the wall by the entry? Hard to see from the angle they posted, but it appears to me that the bathroom has, clockwise from top, double sinks, toilet/WC in the corner, shower, and tub.

Of course, I could be wrong - I'm just going off of the odd-angle overhead rendition.

On the floor plan it does look like there is one but angle kind of hides it, but when you look on deck plans they have a star. At the bottom it explains the star as showers instead of tubs. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by rcandkc

Well, now I'm confused. I just looked at the deck plans and didn't see stars by any of the penthouse suites. Maybe they have different deck plans posted? Which suites were you looking at if you don't mind me asking?

:confused:

Edited by UUNetBill

Oh, the joys of a new build. I remember the outrage when Regent eliminated the wraparound balconies on deck 14 and added another pair of suites. THAT was a hullabaloo.

Anyhow, if you definitely want a tub, might be worth a call or email to Regent to confirm. Seems odd to me that they'd install tubs in the Superior Suites and not the Penthouses. But ya never know.

It's true that Penthouse suites only have a large shower instead of a tub and shower. The explanation I've seen, is that Regent initially planned to have a tub and shower in the Penthouse bathrooms but that the size of the bathroom proved to be too small to accommodate both adequately.

Take a look at the digital brochure on the Regent website entitled: "Seven Seas Explorer Inaugural Season." At the bottom of page 30, it says: "All Penthouse Suites, Deluxe Veranda Suites and Veranda Suites have 1 bathroom with a glass-enclosed shower instead of a bathtub.”

Hope this helps.

I am so glad that i wondered into this thread. My husband and I are not fans of tubs and are delighted there is a shower in the Explorer's penthouses. We are sailing on her next March. Last June we sailed on Oceania's Insignia through the Panama Canal. Our penthouse had only a single unit tub/shower. Not cool.

Mary

Edited by warburg

It's true that Penthouse suites only have a large shower instead of a tub and shower. The explanation I've seen, is that Regent initially planned to have a tub and shower in the Penthouse bathrooms but that the size of the bathroom proved to be too small to accommodate both adequately.

Take a look at the digital brochure on the Regent website entitled: "Seven Seas Explorer Inaugural Season." At the bottom of page 30, it says: "All Penthouse Suites, Deluxe Veranda Suites and Veranda Suites have 1 bathroom with a glass-enclosed shower instead of a bathtub.”

Hope this helps.

We can't seem to find a link to digital brochures. Do you have one? Lack of a bathtub is a deal breaker for us: we take far more baths than showers when we're on a cruise, about 50-50 when we're home. We both love to soak in a tub.

If Penthouse, Deluxe Veranda, and Veranda suite how no tubs, what categories Do have tubs?

We can't seem to find a link to digital brochures. Do you have one? Lack of a bathtub is a deal breaker for us: we take far more baths than showers when we're on a cruise, about 50-50 when we're home. We both love to soak in a tub.

If Penthouse, Deluxe Veranda, and Veranda suite how no tubs, what categories Do have tubs?

To get to the "Digital Brochures" link, click on the "Multimedia" link on the Regent website.

All categories except the three you listed, have tubs.

I'm old, period and I want my bathtub.

I really wish I had saved the brochure that promised that the lower few decks were being built ALL for solo travelers, and that there would be special pricing for solos. That didn't last long, did it?