Culinary Arts Kitchen

eliana

We just booked a session on our explorer cruise next Jan. The price is $89pp. We've done these on Oceania and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I&J,

We're on Explorer LA to Miami in January. Can I ask what level room/suite you have booked, and are you booking your shore excursions now, also? I'm asking because we can't book either until May 20, and I'm guessing it's because we are in a concierge 'e' class and you are closer to the front of the alphabet.

Were you able to book culinary kitchen appointments on line?

To book culinary kitchen classes online, click "My Account," login if necessary, and click "Booked Cruises." Select your cruise and then click "View This Booking." A new page will open for your cruise. If culinary classes are available for booking, you will see a heading called: "Culinary Arts Kitchen Classes" under the "Customize Your Voyage" section. Click "Customize" and you can book culinary classes.

Hope this is not clear as mud. :) It's easier than it looks

I&J,

We're on Explorer LA to Miami in January. Can I ask what level room/suite you have booked, and are you booking your shore excursions now, also? I'm asking because we can't book either until May 20, and I'm guessing it's because we are in a concierge 'e' class and you are closer to the front of the alphabet.

May 20 is the earliest anyone can book excursions on your cruise. Anyone in a Concierge Suite or above and anyone who is Silver and above may book excursions 240 days before the cruise. All others may book excursions 180 days before the cruise. Culinary classes seem to be bookable more than 240 days before the cruise by any passenger regardless of suite or loyalty program level.

(there is an earlier one...be great if they could be merged).

Anyway, a comment and a question:

Earlier thread was confused about whether the classes were only on sea days. The answer is no. Our "25th Anniversary" (Regent's, not ours) has five days of Culinary Kitchen offerings with only one sea day.

The question which may not be answerable until after the Explorer actually sails is how long the classes are? The description talks both of food and libation (we're signed up for "Majestic Mediterranean") and starts at 4 PM. Does this imply that the class also serves as dinner that evening (the time is actually listed as 4:00 (evening). The other time for classes is at 10 AM which, I suppose, could imply it serves as lunch.

Edited by Portolan