"Included Excursions" T's & C's question

kimanjo

I came across this old thread looking for the same info. I know this conversation was a couple of years ago, but did you ever find out anything? There is a whole list of things included in the fare on the Regent website. I called Regent to clarify what we could expect, and the rep was clueless... said I'd have to ask a TA. She said gratuities, beverages, and shore excursions are all included, but not air, the pre night hotel pkg. or transfers. Is that the same info you got? I assumed air wouldn't be included, but we just booked an Alaska cruise on Regent and dont want to miss out if we're entitled to the pre hotel pkg and transfers along with the other passengers. I did notice there weren't any added taxes, which looked to be around $200pp on other cruises to AK, so that's another significant thing that I hadn't heard mentioned was included!

You'd have to tell us what kind of passengers you are. Are you one of these Interline bookings, i.e., in the travel industry? Or are you talking about a third person in your suite, and what their entitlements are.

So when you say, "Is that the same info you got?", what info, by whom?

You'd have to tell us what kind of passengers you are. Are you one of these Interline bookings, i.e., in the travel industry? Or are you talking about a third person in your suite, and what their entitlements are.

So when you say, "Is that the same info you got?", what info, by whom?

I think karenwxs is specifically seeking info from the poster kimanjo (as that is the title of her? post) about interline rates.

kimanjo hasn't posted since Nov 2015 so there may be a wait on a response.

My son's father-in-law is retired from AA, and they have used interline rates before. They were showing me some examples on Regent, Oceania, and AMA once when we were talking about this. There is a website run by a travel agency that specializes in these. There were some very good deals to be had, but they are very close in to time of sailing. There were also plenty of not so good deals.

They do not include air, but once you are onboard the ship, it seems that everything else is like normal, so that would include excursions on regent.

Because of the difficulty planning far ahead with these, it is not something they have used. They do fly standby for free though--just have to plan ahead and be prepared to wait at the airport a lot.

Do you suppose it's only those, or Firefighter, Military, Teacher, Police, EMT??

I was wondering about Interline as well... I fall into that category. I went to the Regent site to look at the ShoreEx and saw that in the Terms.

There is so little Interline info available (T's and C's) for each line. It's as if, no Interliners cruise and post information. Not their TA's of course, but Google-ing Interlining gets you listing, but no personal experiences. Nowhere..

I will call Regent Monday and ask.

We are currently booked on Regent Mariner to Alaska next month on an Interline rate. Here is what is NOT included in the INTERLINE RATE:

1. No free airfare for any cat cabin

2. No free hotel for any cat cabin

3. No free airport transfers

Everything else is included just like a full fare paying PAX. We have our shore excursions booked and dining also. As always, not all excursions are free.

Hope this helps everyone that's able to book via the interline program. FWIW, not all sailings offer a savings, and price fluctuate too (ours just went up)

I bet you have fun saying new phrases like "my son's father-in-law."

You are so right! I haven't figured out what to call them yet. My son's mother in law and I have been friends for 25 years, but now we are related. What do we call our relationship? More than friends. Is there a proper word by which to refer to her? They aren't my in-laws, but my son's. And we are of course thrilled that we are now family.

We are currently booked on Regent Mariner to Alaska next month on an Interline rate. Here is what is NOT included in the INTERLINE RATE:

1. No free airfare for any cat cabin

2. No free hotel for any cat cabin

3. No free airport transfers

Everything else is included just like a full fare paying PAX. We have our shore excursions booked and dining also. As always, not all excursions are free.

Hope this helps everyone that's able to book via the interline program. FWIW, not all sailings offer a savings, and price fluctuate too (ours just went up)

Thank you!! That is exactly the information I was asking for. We booked the Mariner too (June), and as I'm researching the train from ANC to Seward, I just wanted to confirm it was not included as an airport transfer, and pre cruise hotel night w/bkfst in Anc or Seward. I'd love to hear about your trip and any tips you'd like to pass on!

Rachel, I am retired from AA as well. All retirees and active employees have access to JetNet which provides a list of all interline providers. You absolutely need to be flexible on cruises. We seldom use our passes unless the flights are wide open which is rare these days. We also have AA 20 ID which is positive space for flights and we use those quite a bit especially when we have to fly to a port for embarkation. Another benefit we get are ZED fares on other airlines again you need to be flexible with those. It is no fun going STBY.

Edited by Suite Travels

Thank you!! That is exactly the information I was asking for. We booked the Mariner too (June), and as I'm researching the train from ANC to Seward, I just wanted to confirm it was not included as an airport transfer, and pre cruise hotel night w/bkfst in Anc or Seward. I'd love to hear about your trip and any tips you'd like to pass on!

You're welcome. The train would not be considered an airport transfer. They would only pay to shuttle you from Anchorage airport to Seward.

We are leaving May 18th-25th and are very excited to try Regent for the 1st time. We are avid cruisers with over 45 cruise on just about every mainline cruiseline.

Please book your shore excursions ASAP as we are wait listed for a few of ours. We booked 2 months ago and many of the excursions were fully booked, which was a disappointment. After the cruise we are staying 4 additional days in Denali on our own. Sounds like you are doing before your cruise from the sound of things (Train).

We did get the very nice Regent documents wallet with all the trimmings for our cruise. I don't think anyone knows what rate we paid except our TA.

I will write back after the trip if anything else was different b/c of the Interline rate.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
You're welcome. The train would not be considered an airport transfer. They would only pay to shuttle you from Anchorage airport to Seward.

We are leaving May 18th-25th and are very excited to try Regent for the 1st time. We are avid cruisers with over 45 cruise on just about every mainline cruiseline.

Please book your shore excursions ASAP as we are wait listed for a few of ours. We booked 2 months ago and many of the excursions were fully booked, which was a disappointment. After the cruise we are staying 4 additional days in Denali on our own. Sounds like you are doing before your cruise from the sound of things (Train).

We did get the very nice Regent documents wallet with all the trimmings for our cruise. I don't think anyone knows what rate we paid except our TA.

I will write back after the trip if anything else was different b/c of the Interline rate.

Mark

Yes, we booked our shore excursions and restaurants right away. There were already quite a few unavailable, but enough left for us to get some fun things booked. (Sitka: sea otter & wildlife quest, Juneau: Mendenhall Glacier & whale quest, Skagway: zipline and Skagway by streetcar (the only port we were able to fit in 2 excursions), Ketchikan: cruise George Inlet and crab feast.) Our big, fancy doc wallets/ipad case just arrived yesterday - what a nice first impression! We leave in 4 weeks... taking the dome train from FAI to ANC (with a 2 night stop in Denali at the Princess Lodge), then train on to Seward for a night before the ship leaves. Still looking in to what to do for our day in Seward and at the end of the trip in YVR.

Looks like you're leaving today. Have a great trip! Will look forward to any tips/recommendations!