So the Nagivator is still in drydock...

UUNetBill

That's news to me, I guess.

I shot a quick email to Regent today (April 18th) to ask if they planned on uploading any photos of the refurbished Navigator and here's the reply I got:

Good Morning!

Since the Navigator is still in dry dock being refurbished photos are not yet available. We should publish pictures of the Navigator

once she’s is completely out of dry dock, most likely on our website. Should you have any additional questions please do not hesitate

to contact us at 800-###-####. Have a wonderful cruise!

I'm guessing that will come as quite a surprise to the 400+ people who are aboard her right now, in St Tropez according to Regent's own website.

Is it really that tough keeping track of three ships? :rolleyes:

I just emailed the agent back to let him know that Navigator sailed from Barcelona last Wednesday and is currently in St Tropez...to which he replied, "Correct, prior to drydock."

Their agents can't keep track of three ships - what's it going to be like when they have five? :eek:

Where is the 'facepalm' smiley???

It gets funnier (sorta)

I asked the rep to confirm his dates, and received this reply:

"This was confirmed by supervisors who advised the ship has NOT been completed yet therefore currently there are no photos portraying the changes but will be updated on our website once completed. Should you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us at....."

Wow.

Marinetraffic.com and vesselfinder.com both show Navigator en route to Portofino, which is where she should be. I guess little details like the ship's actual location and state of repair are not important for the home office to be up to date on.

Edited by jeb_bud

Marinetraffic.com and vesselfinder.com both show Navigator en route to Portofino, which is where she should be. I guess little details like the ship's actual location and state of repair are not important for the home office to be up to date on.

but the Regent home page shows where each ship is. It would have been amusing if the OP had noted what it said on the Regent home page (when he was questioning Regent) and, if reporting correctly that the Navigator was under-way, point that out to the phone rep.

Edited by Portolan

but the Regent home page shows where each ship is. It would have been amusing if the OP had noted what it said on the Regent home page (when he was questioning Regent) and, if reporting correctly that the Navigator was under-way, point that out to the phone rep.

Regent's own web site had the Navigator in St Tropez (mentioned in my original post) which is what made me shake my head in disbelief. Both Regent's page and all of the ship locators had her in St Tropez, as scheduled.

What really got me started was A) They initially told me she was still in drydock, and B) when I pointed out that the ship was actually in St Trop, he told me "yes, right before drydock."

Unfortunately I was doing this via email, not phone. It's disappointing that they don't know more about the product.

Edited by UUNetBill

Regent's own web site had the Navigator in St Tropez (mentioned in my original post) which is what made me shake my head in disbelief. Both Regent's page and all of the ship locators had her in St Tropez, as scheduled.

What really got me started was A) They initially told me she was still in drydock, and B) when I pointed out that the ship was actually in St Trop, he told me "yes, right before drydock."

Unfortunately I was doing this via email, not phone. It's disappointing that they don't know more about the product.

Call FDR Jr. ( head of destination services).

Just left Naples, but the internet connection is pretty abysmal. I can't manage to upload any pictures, no matter how much it is reduced in size. I want to post some pictures of the refurb, but it keeps timing out before I can get even one picture uploaded.

Wouldn't he contact the head of Customer Service instead of the head of excursions (destination services)?

Frankly, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'd use the 'Contact Us' link on their website to let them know, but that gives me an error whenever I try and submit a message...