Worst cruise ever

cobre5

RachelG, I know people who had port fees refunded on Regent but one had to request the refund of fees. This was when, and also before, Mark Conroy. We have not sailed Regent since that time so I cannot give any information regarding the current policy.

On Crystal, the refund for missing port fees is credited to your account without any request (at least, this is what happened to us in 2016). Seabourn also refunded fees on our last cruise.

I have only ever completely missed a port once on Regent--Sorrento.

The other time we missed Marseilles due to a strike, but they substituted Monaco, so obviously would have to pay port fees there.

I have missed a bunch of ports on Silversea though.

Five previous Regent cruises (all port-intensive) and only one missed port - Trieste last year due to high winds and swells.

There was a man on board who had booked this itinerary specifically to spend the day in Trieste with his family there and he was absolutely devastated that we missed the port. He begged the captain to have a tender or something put him ashore and he'd catch up with the ship later, to no avail. I'm sure if you'd have asked him that day he'd have said that THAT was the worst cruise ever.

It's all relative (no pun intended).

When we were on the Voyager for a British Isles cruise, two of the passengers were the lady who was in charge of the Seven Seas Society (I can't for the life of me remember her name) and her mother. They had booked the cruise specifically for Waterford, Ireland, which was a tender port; her mother had been born there. On that day, it was raining sideways with big swells, and not safe to tender, so they missed Waterford.

This was during some big upheaval within the SS Society, maybe the tiers had been rewritten or something, and that lady had patiently answered each and every email directed at her. She really needed the down time.