Regent Seven Seas Cruises Announce Free Business Class Air Travel with 2017-18 Itiner

LauraS

Can someone explain what is "free" about this offer. I have the brochure for 2017-2018 and it clearly shows an additional cost to go business class.

Obviously, the airfare is not free (i.e., $0). Airfare on Regent and Oceania has never been free. It's just marketing. The word "free" in advertising has come to mean "included at no extra charge." Does anyone who flies Southwest Airlines really think their "bags fly free?" :D

Edited by DaveFr

• 2 weeks later...
Obviously, the airfare is not free (i.e., $0). Airfare on Regent and Oceania has never been free. It's just marketing. The word "free" in advertising has come to mean "included at no extra charge." Does anyone who flies Southwest Airlines really think their "bags fly free?" :D

Dave

While I completely agree regarding vs. "free", from my knothole, bags really do fly free at least out of Houston. I'll explain: Houston is, I believe Southwest's biggest hub and one of the biggest hubs for Continental/United. Southwest's airport is less than half as far from my house as Continental/United's yet I generally fly Continental/United as I like the miles to be used for foreign travel as the fares are virtually the same while SW includes the bags while UAL charges.

Realize this is but one point of reference but, many flights and passengers so in total, mostly with almost identical fares, the bags really are free at least from this market.

Dave

While I completely agree regarding vs. "free", from my knothole, bags really do fly free at least out of Houston. I'll explain: Houston is, I believe Southwest's biggest hub and one of the biggest hubs for Continental/United. Southwest's airport is less than half as far from my house as Continental/United's yet I generally fly Continental/United as I like the miles to be used for foreign travel as the fares are virtually the same while SW includes the bags while UAL charges.

Realize this is but one point of reference but, many flights and passengers so in total, mostly with almost identical fares, the bags really are free at least from this market.

Really lost here. Please explain what how your post figures in to the new Business Class Air policy that Regent has set forth:confused:

Southwest Airlines baggage policies have nothing to do with included air on regent. Totally different, and southwest doesn't fly internationally, so irrelevant to the discussion. And they don't have business class either.

Southwest Airlines baggage policies have nothing to do with included air on regent. Totally different, and southwest doesn't fly internationally, so irrelevant to the discussion. And they don't have business class either.

Yes, Rachel, SW does now fly internationally but, only the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America. I was commenting on Dave Fr's comment

" Does anyone who flies Southwest Airlines really think their "bags fly free?""

Yes, Rachel, SW does now fly internationally but, only the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America. I was commenting on Dave Fr's comment

" Does anyone who flies Southwest Airlines really think their "bags fly free?""

Does anyone who ever flew any airline anywhere really think bags ever flew free? No, that weight and handling was always built into the airfare. It was only when the airlines tried to cut their losses by charging bag fees separately that this even became an issue.

Same with Regent - airfare, whether economy or business class, was NEVER free. It was always 'included'. As long as there's a difference in a cruise+air and a cruise-only fare, it's 'included', not 'free'. They can say 'free' all they want in their marketing materials, but it's not.