Guaranteed cabins.

Pamela1

Hi, looking for advice with no catty comments thanks.

We are trying to book a cruise and as it's late we have few options on cabins.

We were initially looking for a E grade suite as it is our secondary cruise this year but the rooms that were available were to the aft (Navigator) and maybe the negative comments on here has put me off them...anyway we then looked at the concierge option but they are on a guaranteed basis only.

My question is.... Is there is any way that you can find out what cabins are available?

We are in the UK.

Thanks.

Pam.

Hi Pam,

I haven't booked a gaurantee cabin before, could your TA possible phone Regent and ask them what is available? Don't know any other way to find out. Jean.

Hi Jean, we booked one last year on Voyager, had no clue what it meant at first but ended up with a good room.

Our TA had called Regent on our first option and when she gave us the quote there was no Regent loyalty for past cruises as apparently it was "heavily discounted already" ...is that normal?

I had given her the cabin numbers that we were unwilling to accept but she said it was the policy to wait and get the number either just before (which we did) or when you get on board. Do we just wait and hope we get the room we would like at an extra cost or just go for the cheaper option of a room that we can see..a dilemma for sure!

Pam.

Hi, looking for advice with no catty comments thanks.

Good luck with that! ;)

On the guarantee thing, I don't know how Regent allocates but I've found that it's difficult to predict on Seabourn for example as they tend to move people around via upselling, complimentary upgrades etc about 3 weeks out from the cruise date. I've found that if I access the availability approximately 10 days pre-cruise, if we haven't yet been allocated, I get a good picture of which suites are actually available.

I'll be interested to read here how Regent does it.

By the way, I think your Regent cruise in October leaves Montreal the same date as we do on Seabourn, and then takes you to New York City on one of the days we're there. I'll wear a pink carnation and give you a wave if the two ships are docked close.

Good luck with that! ;)

On the guarantee thing, I don't know how Regent allocates but I've found that it's difficult to predict on Seabourn for example as they tend to move people around via upselling, complimentary upgrades etc about 3 weeks out from the cruise date. I've found that if I access the availability approximately 10 days pre-cruise, if we haven't yet been allocated, I get a good picture of which suites are actually available.

I'll be interested to read here how Regent does it.

By the way, I think your Regent cruise in October leaves Montreal the same date as we do on Seabourn, and then takes you to New York City on one of the days we're there. I'll wear a pink carnation and give you a wave if the two ships are docked close.

Hi Ravenscroft,

Thank you for the advice, i think the UK guests have a different system as we can't access cabin choices online and have to rely on the TA to tell us what is available.

We also looked at Seabourn but not sure yet as there seems to be (in our limited cruise world) not as many things that suit us...maybe one day if the itinerary is good.

Haha, thats funny!...Would love to see you decked out with your carnation,see you on the 21st of October then! :D

Hi Ravenscroft,

Thank you for the advice, i think the UK guests have a different system as we can't access cabin choices online and have to rely on the TA to tell us what is available.

We also looked at Seabourn but not sure yet as there seems to be (in our limited cruise world) not as many things that suit us...maybe one day if the itinerary is good.

Haha, thats funny!...Would love to see you decked out with your carnation,see you on the 21st of October then! :D

If you tell us which trip anyone in USA could look online and find available cabins (unless it was really soon and then even we can't see). BTW, I have booked guaranteed 10+ times without an issue (but never on Navigator).

Edited by Marq

I have ended up with a good room and once not so good

All you are buying is a gty

Hi tallship, that's why i was asking as i wasn't sure about the gty system.

Would you do it again and risk the not so good room?

Pam, don't forget you can ring Regent in Southampton yourself and speak to someone who might be able to help/offer guidance re what's what. In my experience they are very helpful indeed.

Pam, don't forget you can ring Regent in Southampton yourself and speak to someone who might be able to help/offer guidance re what's what. In my experience they are very helpful indeed.

Thanks Gilly, we booked out first 2 Regent cruise in Southampton but realised we would have got a better deal with the TA.

I think because of the initial dealings with them, i have asked for advice from them but not on this new (unbooked trip)

Is it ok to contact Regent (SH) to ask about a trip that we have booked through a TA?......I hadn't really thought about that.?

It was actually a nice location but one of the cabins with shower in the tub.

I was unable to check availability since that category only said guarantee.

We booked through an internet agency but I called Regent directly.

I told them I was a bit arthritic & would prefer a cabin where I did not have to step over into the tub to shower & asked if there were there any cabins like that available.

They actually said no problem & would I mind taking the one next door. I was thrilled as we liked the location. I thought they would refer me back to my agent but they made the change right then.

We leave in less than 2 weeks !

It was actually a nice location but one of the cabins with shower in the tub.

I was unable to check availability since that category only said guarantee.

We booked through an internet agency but I called Regent directly.

I told them I was a bit arthritic & would prefer a cabin where I did not have to step over into the tub to shower & asked if there were there any cabins like that available.

They actually said no problem & would I mind taking the one next door. I was thrilled as we liked the location. I thought they would refer me back to my agent but they made the change right then.

We leave in less than 2 weeks !

Oh well sone Shippy!, thats good to know. Hope you have a fantastic time on your cruise. :D

Hi Jean, we booked one last year on Voyager, had no clue what it meant at first but ended up with a good room.

Our TA had called Regent on our first option and when she gave us the quote there was no Regent loyalty for past cruises as apparently it was "heavily discounted already" ...is that normal?

I had given her the cabin numbers that we were unwilling to accept but she said it was the policy to wait and get the number either just before (which we did) or when you get on board. Do we just wait and hope we get the room we would like at an extra cost or just go for the cheaper option of a room that we can see..a dilemma for sure!

Pam.

Hi Pam, is it the concierge gaurantee you have booked? If so they all look good cabin areas, or am I looking at wrong type ? My sister in law booked gaurantee on Navigator a couple of years ago and got a great location.

I would do as others have mentioned phone the Regent office and ask them what cabins are free? How have you got on re booking excursions, are the ones that you like still available? Jean.

Hi Pam, is it the concierge gaurantee you have booked? If so they all look good cabin areas, or am I looking at wrong type ? My sister in law booked gaurantee on Navigator a couple of years ago and got a great location.

I would do as others have mentioned phone the Regent office and ask them what cabins are free? How have you got on re booking excursions, are the ones that you like still available? Jean.

Hi Jean, no- not booked anything yet. There were a few on there that i didn't like i.e. all the ones next to the laundry room etc. I will wait until Monday an rethink what i-we want to do.

Thank you.

Pam. Xx

That's a good plan as they might give you more info re what they have left . The twice we have been on Navigator we were mid ship and then last time near the front end(sorry have forgotten the correct term :) ) and they were great cabins. Will keep fingers X for you. Jean.

Hi Pam,

To get the best advice I would ring Regent even if you intend to book through a TA.

We have booked a GTY in the past and were very happy with the suite eventually allocated

Our understanding of GTY is that at present there are no cabins at that grade available. If you book a GTY, Regent guarantee that they will alocate you a suite at that grade or higher. Nearer the cruise date cabins will come available through cancellations and/or 'up-sells' (Regent offering upgrades to existing bookings for a price)

With a GTY you may not be given a suite number until you board. If you are lucky you may be allocated a higher grade than you paid for, if Regent haven't managed to free up a suite at the grade you booked.

Hope this makes sense

S&D

Hi Pam,

To get the best advice I would ring Regent even if you intend to book through a TA.

We have booked a GTY in the past and were very happy with the suite eventually allocated

Our understanding of GTY is that at present there are no cabins at that grade available. If you book a GTY, Regent guarantee that they will alocate you a suite at that grade or higher. Nearer the cruise date cabins will come available through cancellations and/or 'up-sells' (Regent offering upgrades to existing bookings for a price)

With a GTY you may not be given a suite number until you board. If you are lucky you may be allocated a higher grade than you paid for, if Regent haven't managed to free up a suite at the grade you booked.

Hope this makes sense

S&D

Hi Flossie, i think i get your gist but still puzzled...sorry. :confused:

Do you think it would be better if we just went for the cabin that we could see online and get the exact room or wait and see what we will get on the day?

Thanks.

Hi Flossie, i think i get your gist but still puzzled...sorry. :confused:

Do you think it would be better if we just went for the cabin that we could see online and get the exact room or wait and see what we will get on the day?

Thanks.

If I am reading your posts correctly you are trying to choose between the following options on Navigator:

E grade: Book a numbered cabin, but the only ones available are at the back of the ship :(

D grade: Book a GTY. This will mean that you are guaranteed a cabin at D or better but will not know a cabin number until boarding or a few days before. As all D cabins and above (C, B etc) are midships or towards the front, vibration should not be a problem in whatever cabin you are eventually alocated :)

C grade or above: Book a numbered cabin. You will have the advantage of a Butler and Business flights.................but at extra cost :(

It is your choice but I would not wait too long before booking because as well as availability of cabins your TA & Regent will also have to check the availability of flights. Last year when we booked a late cruise in the Med we ended up with Lufthansa flights with a stopover in Frankfurt..............not an enjoyable journey :(

If you ring your TA or Regent they may be willing to put a 'hold' on a booking for 48 hrs while you finalise your choice

I have emailed you with a method of checking cabin availability on-line from the UK

If I am reading your posts correctly you are trying to choose between the following options on Navigator:

E grade: Book a numbered cabin, but the only ones available are at the back of the ship :(

D grade: Book a GTY. This will mean that you are guaranteed a cabin at D or better but will not know a cabin number until boarding or a few days before. As all D cabins and above (C, B etc) are midships or towards the front, vibration should not be a problem in whatever cabin you are eventually alocated :)

C grade or above: Book a numbered cabin. You will have the advantage of a Butler and Business flights.................but at extra cost :(

It is your choice but I would not wait too long before booking because as well as availability of cabins your TA & Regent will also have to check the availability of flights. Last year when we booked a late cruise in the Med we ended up with Lufthansa flights with a stopover in Frankfurt..............not an enjoyable journey :(

If you ring your TA or Regent they may be willing to put a 'hold' on a booking for 48 hrs while you finalise your choice

I have emailed you with a method of checking cabin availability on-line from the UK

Thank you very much for the e-mail, that is a very interesting site. It's very kind.

Pam.

Agree with you completely!

I believe decks, 5,6,7,10 and 11 all have forward suites so why would you be worried about a GTY cabin if the level you were looking for were on those decks?