Celebrity Summit New England cruise 2017

MingMing63

We are booked in Aqua class cabin 9099. Concerned about noise in this cabin. Has anyone been in it recently? This year we were in an Aqua class cabin under the basketball court and did not sleep a wink! Any thoughts appreciated.

I stayed in this room on Connie for a transatlantic. Noise from the pool deck above was a big issue. But given that you're going on a cruise where there's not much pool activity (and no "deck parties") it will probably be ok. If you can get an A2 farther aft under the buffet, it will be quieter.

You'll love this cruise. I just got back from this cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I stayed in this room on Connie for a transatlantic. Noise from the pool deck above was a big issue. But given that you're going on a cruise where there's not much pool activity (and no "deck parties") it will probably be ok. If you can get an A2 farther aft under the buffet, it will be quieter.

You'll love this cruise. I just got back from this cruise.

Thanks so much for this info. I have 1 question- how likely is it to be able to change rooms? Any hints on waitlisting?

I really am looking forward to it :)

Thanks so much for this info. I have 1 question- how likely is it to be able to change rooms? Any hints on waitlisting?

I really am looking forward to it :)

After final payment, there will be lots of options for changing rooms. You can call now, if you see any are available. We had 4 or 5 Aqua cabins available up until the day of the cruise. We changed rooms 4 days before the cruise when an aft Aqua A1 opened up. As long as you are changing within the same cabin category, you won't incur additional costs.

We are booked on that date! I think that room is much better than what we have now. Sorry to hear you might not be going, but if you don't, we would like that room! I am a newcomer to these message boards and Celebrity, so I wouldn't know how to accomplish that room switch!! We are waitlisted for a deck 11 room officially with Celebrity but not sure if that actually works.

I see you are from Westchester. My son and his family is up there and we ar from NJ :)

The cruise is almost a year away; we can probably get you in that cabin if we decide not to go. I've done something similar once before and it worked fine.

We just got back Oct. 2,2016 from a two week Canada/New England cruise on the Summit with Captain Kate McCue. Totally awesome vacation. We were in stateroom #1133 and lived it! We also loved Blu.......2afe5d60975fd503faf8c0f7d3730fe5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I should add- -the room we moved from was 1139 to get into 1138. 1139 is the last port cabin of the A1 block of cabins. It doesn't face aft but it is about as far away from the rooftop terrace potential noise as you can get. The other thing to note on the SUmmit is that the stairs to the rooftop terrace only go up on the starboard side. I had originally worried that the stairs went up on both sides, but not so. So even though we didn't stay in 1139, I think we would've been ok from a noise perspective. You're less likely to get foot traffic overhead in 1139.

Edited by WEGL81

Ming Ming I have not forgotten you! We have reservations for 1139 and want you to get this cabin.

How can we contact one another without posting phone numbers or emails here?

Nice to hear from you! I would like this room! I believe you said you did something like this before- did you go thru a travel agent? We did not use an agent to book this but have an agent we could call. We booked directly with Celebrity.

What about calling Celebrity directly? We could both call on the same day??

I agree about not posting email or phone # here publicly.

Thank you so much for thinking of us- 😀

We booked directly with Celebrity as well. We can call Celebrity, explain that we are no longer going but would like to ensure our relatives, you guys, get our stateroom!

We are definitely not going, so you can take our stateroom 1139; shouldn't be a problem.

We live in New Rochelle, NY.........

By the way; we went this year on the Summit with Captain Kate! We loved PEI; had the best mussels ever; delicious!

Bring a boogie cord to secure your veranda door open; also your entire stateroom is metal, so plenty of magnets work wonderful! Empty luggage goes under the bed..........We will work out the room thing. No worries!

3065b8d8b2965207ddb9afe49a8f1c4d.jpg

Thank you for such kindness!! We are so grateful for your help getting this new room! We are looking forward to this trip especially PEI. We have "ancestors" from there and part of the appeal of this trip has been the desire to see this island in that light.

We have an agent at Celebrity that I had been using to try for a room switch. Maybe that would be helpful? There is a number or email I have used for him. Is there a way I can private message you so you have our names (after all we are now relatives 😀) which might help in making the room switch. My son and his family live in Hastings on Hudson. Thanks again

You having an agent at Celebrity maybe exactly the answer. In fact that sounds like the making of a simple plan.

I am thinking; you call your agent and explain that I am not going, give the agent my cabin number and have that agent conference me in. They have my contact info on my reservation.

First let me double check my reservation for next year to ensure we are both talking about the same cruise.

I do not know how we can contact each other without telling the world our emails or phone numbers.

Let me double check my reservation date!

• 1 month later...

We are booked on the same exact cruise next year to Canada/New England, Sept. 10,2017. Please call your contact at Celebrity Cruise Lines and tell them that I have cabin #1139 and I would like to give it to you as we are not going. They can conference me in and I will confirm that and cancel my reservation at that time.

Please do this as soon as possible, thank you. Celebrity has my contact information on my reservation. If I am not home, have them leave a message with your phone number and I will get back to you. Hope this helps.

Edited by calvins5

I called Celebrity today @13:15 and tried to get them to conference you in based on your cabin #9099. They said, they can not do it by cabin number. I need your last name or you may need mine. Maybe your contact can help?