Review of Silhouette Israel & mediterranean Cruise - September 24 - October 8

Fawkes66

A quick TLDR on our first Celebrity cruise: Service was impeccable. Food was exceptional, entertainment was nice. Age class seemed to be lower than we have experienced on HAL. Less scooters to run you over. A pleasant crowd. The ship itself had a great deck plan, with a lot of surprises hidden every where. The HideAway was a great place to hangout, so was the Library. The big hammocks near the solarium were my favorite for an afternoon nap. And we never had to look for a lounger, even though we had fair weather the whole voyage. We thoroughly loved to sail with Celebrity and probably will again.

I've written an extensive review of our Cruise, but please understand English is not my first language. If you see any unbearable mistakes, just let me know ;-) You'll find it here: Cruise review Silhouette Israel & Mediterranean

Very good, complete review...and so glad you liked Celebrity!!! We will be onboard "Sillie" starting November 5th for the Trans Atlantic...and hope we have that same Captain...he sounds like a lot of fun!!!! LuAnn

Just read your review, thank you for sharing. We'll be taking our first Celebrity cruise too in April. We are in C1 on Deck 10 in the extended balcony room.

After reading all the great things on your review I CAN'T WAIT!

A quick TLDR on our first Celebrity cruise: Service was impeccable. Food was exceptional, entertainment was nice. Age class seemed to be lower than we have experienced on HAL. Less scooters to run you over. A pleasant crowd. The ship itself had a great deck plan, with a lot of surprises hidden every where. The HideAway was a great place to hangout, so was the Library. The big hammocks near the solarium were my favorite for an afternoon nap. And we never had to look for a lounger, even though we had fair weather the whole voyage. We thoroughly loved to sail with Celebrity and probably will again.

I've written an extensive review of our Cruise, but please understand English is not my first language. If you see any unbearable mistakes, just let me know ;-) You'll find it here: Cruise review Silhouette Israel & Mediterranean

Thank you for your extensive review. So glad you enjoyed Celebrity and the Silhouette. Also glad to learn you may try Celebrity again.

As we are boarding her on Nov. 5, do you happen to have the name of the Greek Captain?

Thank you again.

Thank you for your review - it brought back great memories.

We did the cruise a few years back and Silhouette is our favorite ships since.

The cruise itself is also still ranking very high on my top 3 list. Especially Jerusalem and the tour we did there was unforgettable.

We drove to Jerusalem and stayed there over night at a hotel. So we got to see the city or better the old town at night and early morning - almost empty of tourists. Our visit was during the Sukkot holiday - so it had a special touch. People singing and dancing in the streets and on the square in front of the Western Wall. An experience I will never forget and would love to repeat...

Our review is here: http://travellove.one/Our-Trips/Holy-Land-Cruise-01/holy-land-cruise-01.html

Thanks again and safe travels!

Oliver

Edited by Miaminice

Thanks for the review! I'm leaving for a similar cruise in about 10 days on the Constellation! I'm glad to see you liked your concierge class cabin as that's what I booked. This is my first X cruise as well.

Again thanks for the review, it's gotten me even more excited!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm almost jealous of you all still going on their first Celebrity or Silhouette cruise. You will have a blast! I am glad the review helped you in fortifying your choice for Celebrity and Silhouette especially :-) Have great voyage you all!!