Celebrity shuttle question....

tjcox9

Okay, so we cruise a great deal, just not on Celebrity. However, we are booked on a Celebrity cruise (repo) in December and had a question regarding shuttle availability in a certain port - Callao to Lima.

On other lines, we frequently find that shuttles/transfers, whether complimentary or at a charge are often not listed as shore excursions.

In trying to tie up some loose ends on our cruise, I called Celebrity to ask if a shuttle or transfer from Callao to Lima would be available as it was not listed in shorex.

The rep told me that shuttles/transfers will ALWAYS be listed and I know that to NOT be the case with other cruise lines.

So, we 're wondering if anyone can shed any light on this matter, particularly as it pertains to Callao/Lima. Any first hand information will be greatly appreciated! :D

The rep was wrong. Shuttles to/from town are generally not listed as shore excursions, and cannot be booked ahead of time like a shore excursion can.

The best I can suggest is that you put the words "Callao to Lima Shuttle?" in the title of a new thread, so you might attract the attention of someone with specific information about that particular port, rather than the generic title this thread has. The more focused the title of your thread, the more likely you are to get an answer with relevance.

You could ask your question on tge Port of Call area. I believe that the port provides the shuttle.

The port is in a very unsafe area from what I have read. We were there about 5 years ago and our tour guide met us inside the port area and returned us back.

You could ask your question on tge Port of Call area. I believe that the port provides the shuttle.

The port is in a very unsafe area from what I have read. We were there about 5 years ago and our tour guide met us inside the port area and returned us back.

This is a different question than how to get to the port gate......this a question about a shuttle/transfer from ship to Lima/Miraflores.

Thanks anyway.........

g

The rep was wrong. Shuttles to/from town are generally not listed as shore excursions, and cannot be booked ahead of time like a shore excursion can.

The best I can suggest is that you put the words "Callao to Lima Shuttle?" in the title of a new thread, so you might attract the attention of someone with specific information about that particular port, rather than the generic title this thread has. The more focused the title of your thread, the more likely you are to get an answer with relevance.

Just trying a different approach since no response to the other thread regarding this I resurrected with apologies. Posts on ports of call thread tend to be specific to other cruise lines, thus I'm asking specifically about Celebrity since it's new to us and I've found nothing specific here or on ports of call thread.

Not a big deal.....we'll work it out!!

Edited by tjcox9

Okay, so we cruise a great deal, just not on Celebrity. However, we are booked on a Celebrity cruise (repo) in December and had a question regarding shuttle availability in a certain port - Callao to Lima.

On other lines, we frequently find that shuttles/transfers, whether complimentary or at a charge are often not listed as shore excursions.

In trying to tie up some loose ends on our cruise, I called Celebrity to ask if a shuttle or transfer from Callao to Lima would be available as it was not listed in shorex.

The rep told me that shuttles/transfers will ALWAYS be listed and I know that to NOT be the case with other cruise lines.

So, we 're wondering if anyone can shed any light on this matter, particularly as it pertains to Callao/Lima. Any first hand information will be greatly appreciated! :D

I'm on the December 5th cruise. I believe all we can expect in Callao is a shuttle to the port gate, which is free, not a shore excursion. I booked a private tour and the company explained to take the shuttle to the gate and they would meet me there.

Anything more would be listed as a shore excursion.

Although this is my first trip to Callao/Lima. Maybe someone on our roll call knows for sure.

GranthamMommy

• 1 year later...

I will be visiting Callao on the Celebrity Infinity in December 2016. I am following up on the posts above to find out how cruise passengers can travel between the Callao Cruise Port and downtown Lima. I am travelling solo and would prefer a shuttle to a taxi. I wish to visit the historic area of Lima. Any advice would be much appreciated!