Magellan wheelchair accessible cabin

mandymac

Hi im looking at perhaps booking a cruise with my mum aboard the magellan and i was wondering if anybody has been in a wheelchair accessible room? I am finding it difficult to find any information on this, at the moment my mum can walk very small distances with a stick and so im thinking ahead.

Do they have space in the wheelchair accessible cabin to move the wheelchair about and if i get an outsice cabin will she be able to get her wheelchair on the balcony?

Thanx very much in advance :)

Can't answer your accessibility questions, but I thought I would point out that Magellan only has 12 or so cabins with balconies - these are all suites on an upper deck. From the deck plans on the CMV website, it did not appear that any of these was listed as handicapped accessible. If a balcony is important to you, this might not be the ship for you.

Can't answer your accessibility questions, but I thought I would point out that Magellan only has 12 or so cabins with balconies - these are all suites on an upper deck. From the deck plans on the CMV website, it did not appear that any of these was listed as handicapped accessible. If a balcony is important to you, this might not be the ship for you.

Thank you very much for your reply badtwin, that was my fault i never read it properly and its ok the balcony isnt that important to us, i have been in inside and ocean view cabin before. :)

Hi, we have just come back from the Magellan with a wheelchair user. We stayed in cabin 5093 which is wheel chair accessible. We foud we had plenty of room although there was a step upto the bathroom. Close to the lifts. The staff were very helpful and friendly when my husband had to use his wheelchair. We couldn't find fault with our room, the service or the cruise and had a great time!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

Hi, we have just come back from the Magellan with a wheelchair user. We stayed in cabin 5093 which is wheel chair accessible. We foud we had plenty of room although there was a step upto the bathroom. Close to the lifts. The staff were very helpful and friendly when my husband had to use his wheelchair. We couldn't find fault with our room, the service or the cruise and had a great time!

Hi Welshbird thanx very much for your reply thats great to know that you didnt have any problems, we have looked at the price of the balcony suite cabins and they are too pricey for us, so the info you have give will help loads ... thank you xx

I have just remembered one other piece of info you may find helpful. In your cabin welcome book are ' breakfast in your cabin' door hangers. These are free as opposed to using room service. We found this most helpful for my husband as we could have coffee/tea with toast and croissants in the morning as he had to take medication. This prevented the need to get up, washed, dressed etc to head off to the buffet/restaurant for breakfast and we could get ready in our own time. My husband has MS so it takes a while for him to get up. Hopefully you dont need this info - however it is a nice little luxury to have coffee in bed whilst on holiday. Thereare no in cabin tea/coffee making facilities.

I have just remembered one other piece of info you may find helpful. In your cabin welcome book are ' breakfast in your cabin' door hangers. These are free as opposed to using room service. We found this most helpful for my husband as we could have coffee/tea with toast and croissants in the morning as he had to take medication. This prevented the need to get up, washed, dressed etc to head off to the buffet/restaurant for breakfast and we could get ready in our own time. My husband has MS so it takes a while for him to get up. Hopefully you dont need this info - however it is a nice little luxury to have coffee in bed whilst on holiday. Thereare no in cabin tea/coffee making facilities.

Thanks again Welshbird,at the moment im trying to entice her lol, so this perk might just help as she has to take meds in the morning too and likes her cup of coffee when she wakes up :-)