Summit sommelier

existentialtraveler

Having travelled at least once per year since 2011, I would say that there are no actual official sommeliers on Celebrity ships. Please tell me I am wrong. Look for the silver tasting cups around their necks.

I had a fabulous sommelier in 2011 but have not see one since.

What do you see?

We have seen both. Just because they don't wear the cups doesn't mean they are not "official." I think that the number of sommeliers have been cut back on the ships (cost savings) and just don't have the time to suggest, take orders, serve AND do the tastings. :D

Fernando was working in Blu on Oct.2 New England cruise fantastic service, great wine tasting he hosted with 140 guests. Great knowledge of wine and food pairings. Your glass will always be full.

Having travelled at least once per year since 2011, I would say that there are no actual official sommeliers on Celebrity ships. Please tell me I am wrong. Look for the silver tasting cups around their necks.

I had a fabulous sommelier in 2011 but have not see one since.

What do you see?

You are definitely wrong...Eren was the main sommelier for the ship for the past couple years( 2014/2015) and we have known him since 2012 and we became friends, but I lost his email address when my laptop committed suicide. I was hoping he would be there again in November this year...

Edited by existentialtraveler

We absolutely adored Fernando the sommelier in Blu; Canada/ New England Cruise on Summit Sept. 18,2016. We miss you Fernando, thank you so much for your knowledgeable service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app975aff7e94b055f567b6ce8cfb619c97.jpg

Edited by calvins5

We had Eren twice, once on Summit in September last year and then again on Eclipse in March of this year, he had just transferred ships. Very knowledgeable and accommodating. I don't know where he is now.

Damn...i was afraid that might have happened...keeping my fingers crossed! maybe he will be back on the Summit and I can reconnect!

Fernando was working in Blu on Oct.2 New England cruise fantastic service, great wine tasting he hosted with 140 guests. Great knowledge of wine and food pairings. Your glass will always be full.

We absolutely adored Fernando the sommelier in Blu; Canada/ New England Cruise on Summit Sept. 18,2016. We miss you Fernando, thank you so much for your knowledgeable service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app975aff7e94b055f567b6ce8cfb619c97.jpg

We also had him when we dined in Blu a couple of our evenings. So enthusiastic! He was telling us of the wine tasting event and he really made you feel you wanted to go. :D Since we are not huge drinkers, we did not sign up.