Travel Agent Perk--OBC

irishayes

Just wondering where I would see evidence of having this OBC credit? I was told that in addition to the $150 pp OBC (Go Better pkg), my travel agent gave me $150 of OBC. But I am not seeing this on my reservation on Celebrity, nor is it indicated on the invoice my TA sent me.

Should I be seeing it somewhere?

Ours is spelled out in the body of the conformation email. It will not show on the booking sheet from Celebrity. And takes a couple of days to appear on the in cabin screen on the TV.

I usually get a card from Guest Relations delivered to my cabin two or three days into the cruise with the amount of the OBC from my TA. That is when it appears on the interactive TV account.

Edited by Charles4515

Here is the body of our email:

Amenity: You are set to receive the following amenities:

*All amenities are based on this reservation’s current rate and/or promotion. Any changes to the reservation’s rate and/or promotion could result in an adjustment or forfeiture of the amenity. Shipboard credit, if provided, may be partially or fully non-refundable if not used in its entirety. _____ Cruise Outlet reserves the right, at any time, to substitute onboard credit for any amenity(ies). The value of the onboard credit if provided as a substitution for another amenity(ies), will be AT LEAST of equal value of the originally offered amenity(ies) at the time of booking.

Amenity(ies) Provided By ______ Cruise Outlet Under The Promotion Which You Booked:

•A Shipboard Credit in the amount of $250.00 USD for the cabin.

Amenity(ies) Provided By Cruise Line Under The Promotion Which You Booked:

•A Complimentary Premium Drink Package for the 1st& 2nd passengers in the cabin from Celebrity Cruises. (***Guests 1 and 2 in the cabin must be 21 years of age or older on day of embarkation, per Celebrity Cruises, to be eligible for this benefit. Guests not meeting this requirement will forfeit this benefit )

•Prepaid Gratuities for the 1st & 2nd passengers in the cabin from Celebrity Cruises. Prepaid gratuities are non-refundable and not exchangeable for cash, per Celebrity Cruises.

• A Shipboard credit in the amount of $300.00 USD from Celebrity Cruises for the cabin.

•An Unlimited Internet package from Celebrity Cruises.

Okay, I called my travel agent. He stated that the confirmation will not show the travel agents onboard credit, because I'm part of a group? Does that sound correct?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Yes. I have never had the TA credit show up on my confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Group OBC won't show on any invoice.

Agent OBC from their commission won't show on any invoice either.

Just bring your agency's invoice that they sent you that proves you're due these 2 things and if you don't seem them by Day 3 on your account, visit the Purser's Desk with the back-up.

Okay, I called my travel agent. He stated that the confirmation will not show the travel agents onboard credit, because I'm part of a group? Does that sound correct?

Absolutely not

Your confirmation from your ta should spell out all your benefits. The group allows him to give you the obc but it does prevent the ta from noting it on your confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just bring your agency's invoice that they sent you that proves you're due these 2 things and if you don't seem them by Day 3 on your account, visit the Purser's Desk with the back-up.

I disagree

My ta lists every obc I am getting on the confirmation I receive whether it comes from him (his commission) the cruise line or a benefit from a group booking

So what do you suggest I do?

Tell him you want every obc you are getting on your confirmation. Tell him other ta's do it and if he can't you will take ur business elsewhere

So what do you suggest I do?

Call them and tell them to send you a new confirmation that shows all your perks. :) I have never had a confirmation without everything listed.

Also I bring it with me in case the ship does not list it on my account.

Edited by janetz

Yea my invoice shows all my benefits, the ones from Celebrity and the ones from my TA.

If they can't put it on the invoice, which may be a system issue, just have them confirm in an email. That should be enough.

I have taken cruises where my OBC didn't show on any invoice but it was there on the ship (prior to my new TA).

enjoy

I disagree

My ta lists every obc I am getting on the confirmation I receive whether it comes from him (his commission) the cruise line or a benefit from a group booking

I think there was a little confusion in what you thought Mario was stating. I believe he meant that you would not see any TA or group OBC on the CELEBRITY invoice, however, it should be shown on the TA's invoice. Their (your TA) confirmation should show the total 'deal' one has agreed to i.e. all elements of the agreement, including any amenities ;).

I disagree

Perhaps you do not receive any additional OBC from your TA or you do not receive the actual Celebrity confirmation/invoice?

From my experience the OBC from the TA (additional out of their commission) never shows on the actually confirmation/invoice from Celebrity (or on line)' but the TA OBC is always reflected on the TA's confirmation/invoice. Or perhaps your TA never sends you the actual Celebrity confirmation/invoice because some TAs do not send both of them.

OP, did you receive two confirmations/invoices?

Just wondering where I would see evidence of having this OBC credit? I was told that in addition to the $150 pp OBC (Go Better pkg), my travel agent gave me $150 of OBC. But I am not seeing this on my reservation on Celebrity, nor is it indicated on the invoice my TA sent me.

Should I be seeing it somewhere?

I guess it ultimately comes down to the fact of trusting the travel agent you selected to delivery the services promised.

If you don't trust them why did you book your cruise with them?

Perhaps you do not receive any additional OBC from your TA or you do not receive the actual Celebrity confirmation/invoice?

From my experience the OBC from the TA (additional out of their commission) never shows on the actually confirmation/invoice from Celebrity (or on line)' but the TA OBC is always reflected on the TA's confirmation/invoice. Or perhaps your TA never sends you the actual Celebrity confirmation/invoice because some TAs do not send both of them.

OP, did you receive two confirmations/invoices?

I received a confirmation invoice from my TA which shows my Go Better perks (classic bev pkg and$150 OBC pp). It did not show additional OBC offered by TA anywhere.

I have asked my TA to send me an email confirming this additional OBC.

I think the comment about trusting my TA is just silly. It's just good practice to have everything in writing. There's no way to get it fixed once I'm on board.

The online agency I use, sends you a recap on what you are getting from both the cruise line and them. The cruise isn't actually booked until you reply to the e-mail agreeing that it is was you agreed on. I print this out just in case any problems arise. Not need it yet.

I received a confirmation invoice from my TA which shows my Go Better perks (classic bev pkg and$150 OBC pp). It did not show additional OBC offered by TA anywhere.

I think the comment about trusting my TA is just silly. It's just good practice to have everything in writing. There's no way to get it fixed once I'm on board.

Did it have Celebrity in the top left corner? As as I stated I suspect it is the booking confirmation from Celebrity that lists the price, cabin, cost, Celebrity perks, and the itinerary as well as other information.

I would just ask the TA for an TA invoice that includes the OBC that they are providing. ( I suppose it is possible they do not do this, but I have never had one that did not. I have had TAs who did not send the Celebrity confirmation) Or at least keep a copy of the quote/e mail with the amount. You will not really know if it is there until a few days after the cruise starts. If it is TA's OBC that is missing Celebrity will not be able to help you. You will need to e mail your TA to get it resolved. I have only had an issue once. The TA "forget" to send it in (said someone in her office messed it up) and they ended up mailing me a check that I received after I returned home. I know have a different TA.

If what you received was that TA's invoice under their letterhead and they refuse to include their OBC or anything else they promised on their invoice I would be concerned.

In summary:

1. If it is the Celebrity confirmation/invoice it will not have the TA OBC.

2. If it is the TA's confirmation/invoice of your Celebrity cruise it should include both the Celebrity perks and the TA's additional OBC.

Edited by jagoffee

It is good to have it from the TA but if for some reason they don't give you the credit when you get onboard having it in writing won't get it for you. If they don't have it in their system you will still have to contact your TA to contact corporate.

On Princess we had a group and onboard they had no record of our credit and said the TA must not have put it thru. They said that to the TA who was on the cruise and was the one who went to guest relations. She told them she damn well had put it thru and had her documentation of it. not enough. She had to contact Princess corporate and her DSM while on the ship. They had it in corporate but somehow had not forwarded it to the ship. We did get the onboard credit while onboard.

It is good to have it from the TA but if for some reason they don't give you the credit when you get onboard having it in writing won't get it for you. If they don't have it in their system you will still have to contact your TA to contact corporate.

On Princess we had a group and onboard they had no record of our credit and said the TA must not have put it thru. They said that to the TA who was on the cruise and was the one who went to guest relations. She told them she damn well had put it thru and had her documentation of it. not enough. She had to contact Princess corporate and her DSM while on the ship. They had it in corporate but somehow had not forwarded it to the ship. We did get the onboard credit while onboard.

Thank you for that information.

Ok, I looked at my original email from the TA. It has the TA logo on top. Then the celebrity itinerary in the body of it.

Some travel Agents will send you an invoice from their agency, which should mention if they are giving you TA credit but you should also get the Celebrity Booking confirmation. My TA sends me the Celebrity Booking Confirmation when I book and another one after final payment that shows zero balance. The Celebrity confirmation shows the credits and packages provided by Celebrity, like Go Big, Better, but not the TA provided credit.

Edited by Charles4515