Favorite late night eats on-board?

Scott2.0

After a night of fun, it can be nice to indulge in some greasy food that we normally don't eat regularly. My 3am Taco Bell runs are long gone! On NCL, I'd enjoy some mozzarella sticks or buffalo wings on occasion at their sports pub as a late night snack.

I don't remember anything like this from my last Celebrity cruise. This time, we'll have the premium bev package and may imbibe a bit more. What options are available for late-night eats?

After a night of fun, it can be nice to indulge in some greasy food that we normally don't eat regularly. My 3am Taco Bell runs are long gone! On NCL, I'd enjoy some mozzarella sticks or buffalo wings on occasion at their sports pub as a late night snack.

I don't remember anything like this from my last Celebrity cruise. This time, we'll have the premium bev package and may imbibe a bit more. What options are available for late-night eats?

Pizza is usually open quite late.

Get your stateroom attendant to empty your minibar, take a couple of plastic lunch boxes with you. After dining, but before excess drinking, go to the buffet and put your own selection together for a balcony buffet later....cheese, biscuits, a few shrimp, some cold cuts.....even add a little salad so you can say you are eating healthily! Fridges are not supercool so bin if you don't eat soon!

If you are in a suit you don't even have to forage yourself! One of our favourite perks of having a butler has been him delivering during the early evening 'something for us to enjoy later....' clearly worried incase we starve overnight! Shrimp platters being our favourite, nothing nicer than to end the evening on the balcony with a few prawns, a nice brandy, stars in the sky....

One cruise we went on we had enjoyed a self catering land stay in Hawaii first and I had boarded with left over tubs of nuts, crisps, biscuits....Rather than just bin I had left these on the wet bar area to be eaten during the cruise if we fancied them. The butler seemed to think I had brought them on board incase we were not provided with enough to eat....coffees always came with cookies, fruit plates would arrive mid morning....he would encourage us with our afternoon tea selection, remind us of our evening dinner reservation.....

If you want something hot, another vote for the pizza!

Edited by chemmo

Great ideas all, thanks! Does the buffet have a limited selection out late at night? That seems like an easy way for the cruise line to address the needs of those looking for a little snack without having people forage beforehand. What time does it close?

Great ideas all, thanks! Does the buffet have a limited selection out late at night? That seems like an easy way for the cruise line to address the needs of those looking for a little snack without having people forage beforehand. What time does it close?

It seems to me, when we cruised on the Solstice, the late night menu in the Oceanview Cafe was pizza and pasta. And they serve until 11?

Cheryl

It seems to me, when we cruised on the Solstice, the late night menu in the Oceanview Cafe was pizza and pasta. And they serve until 11?

Cheryl

Wouldn't mind someone confirming the time. I remember that there was nothing proteinish and one night after drinking (not way late!) it seemed to be closed very early

Wouldn't mind someone confirming the time. I remember that there was nothing proteinish and one night after drinking (not way late!) it seemed to be closed very early

Did a google search, and it gave me a listing for each ship, so not sure if there is a difference. Found multiple references to closing at 1 am. Here is a link to one such article, which is found on the Cruise Critic website. You might want to search on your particular ship just to double-check. Sorry, this is all i found.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=251&pgtype=dining

Cheryl

Couldn't find hours on Celebrity website, maybe I was looking in all the wrong places :)

Edited by shovelrae1959

Get your stateroom attendant to empty your minibar, take a couple of plastic lunch boxes with you. After dining, but before excess drinking, go to the buffet and put your own selection together for a balcony buffet later....cheese, biscuits, a few shrimp, some cold cuts.....even add a little salad so you can say you are eating healthily! Fridges are not supercool so bin if you don't eat soon!

If you are in a suit you don't even have to forage yourself! One of our favourite perks of having a butler has been him delivering during the early evening 'something for us to enjoy later....' clearly worried incase we starve overnight! Shrimp platters being our favourite, nothing nicer than to end the evening on the balcony with a few prawns, a nice brandy, stars in the sky....

One cruise we went on we had enjoyed a self catering land stay in Hawaii first and I had boarded with left over tubs of nuts, crisps, biscuits....Rather than just bin I had left these on the wet bar area to be eaten during the cruise if we fancied them. The butler seemed to think I had brought them on board incase we were not provided with enough to eat....coffees always came with cookies, fruit plates would arrive mid morning....he would encourage us with our afternoon tea selection, remind us of our evening dinner reservation.....

If you want something hot, another vote for the pizza!

I like this idea. Also I like the Café Baccio for cookies!:D