Anytime Dining Summit

jakzak10

Was ready to book the Reposition sailing of the Summit April 22 from San Juan to Cape Liberty, when I was informed that only anytime dining was available. Been on 30 cruises and always have had main seating with the same wait staff every night. If I decide to book, will the dining experience suffer due to different wait staffs every night.

Thanks

Alan

Was ready to book the Reposition sailing of the Summit April 22 from San Juan to Cape Liberty, when I was informed that only anytime dining was available. Been on 30 cruises and always have had main seating with the same wait staff every night. If I decide to book, will the dining experience suffer due to different wait staffs every night.

Thanks

Alan

Since Select is so popular now, you may be able to switch to traditional once on board. Just see the Maitre'd in the dinner nag room.

We just got off summit reposition cruise Saturday. Probably the only complaint i had was the select dining. 1st night was a 45 minute wait even though we went at their recommended time - went to buffet. They did ask us to share and we said no. The 2nd yim we went was formal night and despite me going in person day 2 and day 3, they were completely booked from 6 to 8p for a 2 seater. We tried at 555 and were squeezed in next to a waiter island where they kept extra spoons. After that, we went to bugfet. We were on summit in april and never had any problems getting in. We tried one more time the last night and asked if we could not be put at that table and were told it was a 30 minute wait or share. Since neither were an option we went back to buffet. To make it clear, we liked the food on buffet also. And we were able to get to the shows easier.

When we had anytime dining, we simply made a reservation for the same time each night and asked to be seated with the same waitstaff. Felt just like traditional! :D

Just know that if you want to eat at a really popular time, you might have to wait for a table.

how does the reservation system work, can you do it before you sail. One of our party has a birthday during our cruise, normally don't mind sharing as you get to meet new people, but I would like to try and get a table for the 4 of us for that evening,

Yes you can make a reservation pre-cruise.Just sign into cruise planner. I just made reservations for June 2017 sailing. I always go with the earliest time slot 5:45pm and I have never had an issue getting in. We like to eat early.:o

Yes you can make a reservation pre-cruise.Just sign into cruise planner. I just made reservations for June 2017 sailing. I always go with the earliest time slot 5:45pm and I have never had an issue getting in. We like to eat early.:o

Thanks very much we are on the 15 June sailing so I will look in to it later.

Just returned from a repo cruise and had select dining with reservations made at time of booking for 6:30 only had to wait one time for about 15 min. If we did not like what was on the menus in the dining room we would eat in the buffet. No problem at all.