Short port visit - noon to 6:00p - which option

Vineyard View

our ship will be in port from noon to six - my original post months ago was based on the thought that we would have a full day. So we are trying to decide what to do - and that said - we are not big on cruise tours and generally do not take them - but I have a couple of questions:

Will a cruise tour in this port consist of a large full sized bus, or will the roads dictate a smaller vehicle to go into the botanical gardens?

Would you recommend heading to pigeon point for that time alloted in port - or would you recommend a 3 hr tour that includes a visit to the botanical gardens and the fort? Are the gardens and fort a more attractive time spent or is pigeon point a great beach that is worth just chilling at?

Given that we arrive on 1/2/18, will the town still be celebrating the holidays and mostly closed or will it be open given the ship will be in port?

Thank you for your continued help.

our ship will be in port from noon to six - my original post months ago was based on the thought that we would have a full day. So we are trying to decide what to do - and that said - we are not big on cruise tours and generally do not take them - but I have a couple of questions:

Will a cruise tour in this port consist of a large full sized bus, or will the roads dictate a smaller vehicle to go into the botanical gardens?

Would you recommend heading to pigeon point for that time alloted in port - or would you recommend a 3 hr tour that includes a visit to the botanical gardens and the fort? Are the gardens and fort a more attractive time spent or is pigeon point a great beach that is worth just chilling at?

Given that we arrive on 1/2/18, will the town still be celebrating the holidays and mostly closed or will it be open given the ship will be in port?

Thank you for your continued help.

Simple but enjoyable and interesting

Take the TDL (Angostura) Rum Tour, either private (contact direct) or ship. Remember to pick up a bottle of one of their Limited Editions (very rare bottlings) before leaving.

Thanks once again Port Royal. I am not familiar with this rum, but then I am not a rum aficionado! I did not notice it on a ship tour but will certainly look at this.

Have you been to Pigeon beach? The website looks impressive.

Thanks once again Port Royal. I am not familiar with this rum, but then I am not a rum aficionado! I did not notice it on a ship tour but will certainly look at this.

Have you been to Pigeon beach? The website looks impressive.

Only the one on Tobago - Pigeon Point Beach - It does get busy on Public Holidays.

Sorry, thought we were discussing things to do on Trinidad