Two - Twenty Somethings looking for Adventure

DCCanuck

I'm going on a cruise with a buddy from College and we're looking for something fun, different and adventurous to do in St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

How much time in St. Maarten? How adventurous are you thinking? Look into sailing a snorkel trip (IF time allows) on Lambada or the sister catamaran. I forget the name of the other one. I ALWAYS do the snorkel trip AND the sunset booze cruise. It's a lot of fun and being under sail on a huge catamaran is awesome. Good loud music. Free booze. Definite party atmosphere. Crew works for tips, FYI. Last I knew (2010) they sailed out of Simpson Bay, St. Maarten.

The boats are Lambada or Tango

Any trip to St Maarten would not be complete without a daytrip to the gorgeous and unspoiled island of sun and sand - "Anguilla", and her unparalleled sister - "Prickly Pear Cay". Come sail on Lambada... and spend the day relaxing, partying, swimming, snorkeling and making vacation memories.

Anguilla & Prickly Pear - Tuesdays, Wednesdays Thursdays and Fridays

Sail to Prickly Pear for snorkeling and swimming, then head to a beach on Anguilla for lunch (Tuesdays and Thursdays is lunch at Prickly Pear and a beach for the afternoon in Anguilla). Pristine white sandy beaches and turquoise blue waters will take your breath away.

Schedule:

Daytrips are offered on Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday. Check in at 8am for a 9am departure out of the Simpson Bay Resort marina. Lambada returns at 4:45pm.

Schedule is subject to change.

Pricing:

$100 for adults, $50 for children ages 5 to 13 and Infants/toddlers pay port fees only. Port fees are $20 per person.

Included:

Open bar & snacks onboard, snorkel equipment, float belts and BBQ lunch on the beach.

We accept all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) however there is a 5% surcharge for credit card usage.

Good to know:

Lambada is a great choice for families with children, couples and party groups. Lunches are a choice of BBQ chicken, fish or ribs with salads and rice and peas. There is a dinghy that transports people to the beach if you do not swim or prefer to be transported with your bag. We advise you to bring extra cash along for additional drinks at the restaurant. Climbing in and out of dinghies should be possible for you if you wish to enjoy this trip.

Occasionally weather or high seas may change our intended destination. We have many other beautiful places to visit on Anguilla...join us for a fun day out.

The boats are Lambada or Tango

Any trip to St Maarten would not be complete without a daytrip to the gorgeous and unspoiled island of sun and sand - "Anguilla", and her unparalleled sister - "Prickly Pear Cay". Come sail on Lambada... and spend the day relaxing, partying, swimming, snorkeling and making vacation memories.

Anguilla & Prickly Pear - Tuesdays, Wednesdays Thursdays and Fridays

Sail to Prickly Pear for snorkeling and swimming, then head to a beach on Anguilla for lunch (Tuesdays and Thursdays is lunch at Prickly Pear and a beach for the afternoon in Anguilla). Pristine white sandy beaches and turquoise blue waters will take your breath away.

Schedule:

Daytrips are offered on Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday. Check in at 8am for a 9am departure out of the Simpson Bay Resort marina. Lambada returns at 4:45pm.

Schedule is subject to change.

Pricing:

$100 for adults, $50 for children ages 5 to 13 and Infants/toddlers pay port fees only. Port fees are $20 per person.

Included:

Open bar & snacks onboard, snorkel equipment, float belts and BBQ lunch on the beach.

We accept all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) however there is a 5% surcharge for credit card usage.

Good to know:

Lambada is a great choice for families with children, couples and party groups. Lunches are a choice of BBQ chicken, fish or ribs with salads and rice and peas. There is a dinghy that transports people to the beach if you do not swim or prefer to be transported with your bag. We advise you to bring extra cash along for additional drinks at the restaurant. Climbing in and out of dinghies should be possible for you if you wish to enjoy this trip.

Occasionally weather or high seas may change our intended destination. We have many other beautiful places to visit on Anguilla...join us for a fun day out.

You've done these excursions on a port day?

No. I stated above 'IF' time allows. I have no idea when a ship gets in and then leaves. I owned a condo there and visited for weeks back to back.

With a check in at 8 and back at 4:45 would you recommend this trip for a 0700-1800 port day? How long does the commute to and from where the boat leaves from the cruise pier.?

As karysa infers, let's just rule out a snorkel trip to an adjacent island, ok?

It looks like you have visited St. Maarten and just chilled on the beach.

What might you be looking for this time? Maybe an island tour on a sailboat with open bar? That is semi-adventurous.

A zipline at Peak Paradise?

I see that RCI offers an Adventure St. Maarten excursion. Interested?

More info would help.

gary

As karysa infers, let's just rule out a snorkel trip to an adjacent island, ok?

It looks like you have visited St. Maarten and just chilled on the beach.

What might you be looking for this time? Maybe an island tour on a sailboat with open bar? That is semi-adventurous.

A zipline at Peak Paradise?

I see that RCI offers an Adventure St. Maarten excursion. Interested?

More info would help.

gary

It just dawned on me Gary. Maybe the adventurous part of their suggestion WAS trying to see if they actually made it to and from the boat ride in time!

OP take your buddies to Orient Beach. Parasail, jet ski, kayak to Pinel Island or a combination of the above should be adventurous enough for a cruise day.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions... We were definitely thinking more along the lines of parasail, jet ski, etc.

We're only there from 8am to 5pm, so does anyone have any recommendations for the best beach for that type of stuff as well as what the best price you've received?

We would love to do Maho beach, but seeing the reports on here about how ridiculously crowded it gets, probably not the best idea.

We will be the only ship in port that day, though!

Thanks for the suggestions... We were definitely thinking more along the lines of parasail, jet ski, etc.

We're only there from 8am to 5pm, so does anyone have any recommendations for the best beach for that type of stuff as well as what the best price you've received?

We would love to do Maho beach, but seeing the reports on here about how ridiculously crowded it gets, probably not the best idea.

We will be the only ship in port that day, though!

Orient Beach has what you are looking for. Not sure of prices.

Re: Maho

The busyness is very much related to how many cruise ships are in port. There is a whole big difference if there are more than 3 ships though as this is not a large beach. Personally, I was there with 4 and it was very crowded. There are no water "toys or sports" at Maho.

Throwing in my 2 cents!

We aren't 20-somethings, but rather 60-somethings, but we are doing a Rhino Ride - inflatable jet skis. We chose the Creole Rock tour. I can't comment on how fun they are as we haven't done them yet, but you might give them a look/see.

http://www.rhinorides.com/blank-c1ju0

They helped us arrange for transportation to and from their location.

We thought it looked fun and 'adventurous'!

Throwing in my 2 cents!

We aren't 20-somethings, but rather 60-somethings, but we are doing a Rhino Ride - inflatable jet skis. We chose the Creole Rock tour. I can't comment on how fun they are as we haven't done them yet, but you might give them a look/see.

OP I can't comment on rhino rider's as I have only seen them and not done them but the snorkeling at Creole Rock is the best that I have done on the island.

One major plus is that the starting/ending location of the Rhino Riders is roughly a 15 minute taxi ride to Maho beach. So if this excursion is of interest to you it makes for an easy combo with Maho.

Throwing in my 2 cents!

This looks great! Thanks for adding, when are you booked to do it? We're looking at July 27, and added to the proximity to Maho Beach this is a great call!