Oceania's Free Shuttles List

hoffdahl

Hello All! We just returned from a Mediterranean sailing aboard the Riviera. Here is a list of the shuttles.

Venice- Free port shuttle to people over

Koper- No shuttle needed

Dubrovnik- Free shuttle provided by Oceania to downtown

Kotor- No shuttle needed

Civitavecchia- Free shuttle provided by Oceania

Livorno- Free port shuttle to city center

Monte Carlo- No shuttle needed

Marseille- Free shuttle provided by Oceania to Fort Saint Jean

Barcelona- Free shuttle provided by Oceania to World Trade Center

Great Idea... we are going on Sirena in August, 2016 Adriatic Ports of Call.. I called Oceana and they said no.. there would be no free shuttles in the ports... (Well...thanks a lot!!) They said that I should wait to learn this info until I get on the ship... I commented that I wouldn't be able to make advance plans and the agent agreed!...

Sara

Edited by HelloFunTimes

Hi, all!

We just returned from Marina's Royals & Vikings sailing on August 4, 2016. Here is a list of the free shuttles offered in our ports:

Newcastle, UK

Londonderry (Greencastle), Ireland

Belfast, Ireland

Dublin, Ireland

Portland, UK (shuttle to Weymouth)

• 2 weeks later...
I have read that some cruise lines offer a water shuttle to San Marco from the port. Does Oceania do this or is it just a shuttle to the people mover?

They did not when we were there, we embarked in Venice and had an overnight there. You had to pay for the water shuttle. I didn't see a regular shuttle to the people mover, but I didn't look for one either.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello All! We just returned from a Mediterranean sailing aboard the Riviera. Here is a list of the shuttles.

Venice- Free port shuttle to people over

Koper- No shuttle needed

Dubrovnik- Free shuttle provided by Oceania to downtown

Kotor- No shuttle needed

Civitavecchia- Free shuttle provided by Oceania

Livorno- Free port shuttle to city center

Monte Carlo- No shuttle needed

Marseille- Free shuttle provided by Oceania to Fort Saint Jean

Barcelona- Free shuttle provided by Oceania to World Trade Center

You mentioned that there is free port shuttle in Venice. We were in Venice

for the Riviera cruise a few days ago, but could not see any free port shuttle.

We had to walk quite a distance from the ship (through the terminal) to get to the People Mover. to take us to Piazzale Roma (as most tourist would go) to take the Water bus along the Grand Canal. (7.50 Euros per journey) There was no sign of any free shuttle bus - did we miss it or something?

The People Mover, we discovered was a waste of time and money (okay, it's only 1.50 Euros each way) - we had to wait for it to come, and then it moved only a block or so to the next stop and terminates at Piazzale Roma. We learnt later we get there from the port on foot in almost the same time.

MORE PORTS TO ADD TO THE LIST:

Ravenna - Port provided free transport.

Bari - Port provided free transport ; but for our free transport, it was like going in a bus driven by someone from the circus. We were driven to town, passed by the stop we were supposed to get off, but the bus just turned around and came back to the ship. It transpired later that the bus stop was changed and it took us again to another part of Bari. It was just as easy to walk from Bari port to the Old Town which was right next to the port.

Corfu - Port provided free 200m ride from ship to terminal. Then, Oceania provided free shuttle to Corfu town . Be aware that traffic jams are not unusual main because the drivers seem to park wherever they want on the streets and block everyone else!

You mentioned that there is free port shuttle in Venice. We were in Venice

for the Riviera cruise a few days ago, but could not see any free port shuttle.

We had to walk quite a distance from the ship (through the terminal) to get to the People Mover. to take us to Piazzale Roma (as most tourist would go) to take the Water bus along the Grand Canal. (7.50 Euros per journey) There was no sign of any free shuttle bus - did we miss it or something?

The People Mover, we discovered was a waste of time and money (okay, it's only 1.50 Euros each way) - we had to wait for it to come, and then it moved only a block or so to the next stop and terminates at Piazzale Roma. We learnt later we get there from the port on foot in almost the same time.

----------------------------------

My advice:

For anyone stopping in Venice, I would do some research in advance, maybe by googling the Venice port guide at Tomsportguides.com). Venice is a very difficult port. You can't just hop in a cab to go sightseeing, as (obviously) most of the city is on the water. I would look into taking the Alilaguna water boat (alilaguna.it, I believe) from the port to St. Marks Square/San Marco or other destination you want. Depending upon your berth (and there are many) you may have to walk a bit, but it will likely be easier and faster than going to the People Mover (just transport from the port to Piazalle Roma), finding the vaporetto boats (the white ones, not the orange Alilaguna boats, which are different), figuring out which boat line you need, buying a ticket, etc. Walking/navigating in Venice is difficult due to short streets and lack of decent street signs. I went armed with a lot of knowledge and maps and still had some trouble. Researching the basics in advance will help! The Ports of Call section of Cruise Critic also has some good info, including some posts I made to help others. Also "Venice for Visitors" is helpful, plus looking up what berth you'll be assigned might help make finding Alilaguna easier.

I was on Viking Star (ocean liner) last year to Venice and they DID provide a water shuttle to San Marco. However, we docked near the San Basilio vaporetto stop, which is not a normal cruise ship docking location except for very small cruise ships and river boats. Perhaps boats other than Alilaguna and water taxis are not allowed into the cruise port (Maritimma), as it's a very busy place.

Can you let me know what Private Tour you did when arriving in Livorno. How good was it and where you went and the cost.

Try and Google either "cruising excursions" or "discounted cruising excursions", you will get some independent/non-linked-to-cruise-company operators who will give you both group excursions (almost always at substantially lower prices to those charged by Oceania), and Private Tours in your own car.

When we docked in Livorno on the Riviera last year, we used a company called Cruising Excursions . They have sub-agents and sub-operators that arrange tours for cruise passengers in a large number of cities. We are not allowed to give you the link to the website as we believe moderators of this site would not approve us to do so, and we try to respect their rules and wishes.

Edited by Cahpek

• 1 month later...

Just returned from Fall Foliage cruise in Maritime Canada & New England. A shuttle was available in Quebec, near Place Royale in old Quebec, every 40 minutes. There were 5 ships in Quebec that day, and we and Viking Star were assigned to piers that were south of the area where the other 3 ships docked. I don't think a shuttle would have been needed if we had docked in the area closer to Place Royale, but it was certainly appreciated given where we docked. Once at Place Royale, it's fairly easy to walk around to find the funicular to the Chateau Frontenac and Upper Town, plus there are some nice places to explore very close to Place Royale. The shuttle, however, cannot get right into Place Royale, so get a map from Destinations or the tourist information person who comes on board the ship.

In Boston there was a shuttle every 40 minutes to a place near Quincy Market. I believe it stopped at "Surface Road" near Clinton Road. Ask where to go for Quincy Market. It was probably a block and a half away, but a little confusing once you got off the bus. As an alternative, you could probably use the Uber app to get a ride to Quincy for around $5. It was such a zoo coming back in the afternoon that I just "called" an Uber instead of waiting for the shuttle. A huge Princess ship was in town that day, and the shuttle service they had arranged had to share the pickup spot.

• 2 weeks later...
Anything available in Palermo? We're going to do the Streat Palermo Tour and will need to get from port to Piazza Verdi by 10:30 a.m.

Not when we were there, the ship parks right in the town itself. They usually only provide a shuttle when the port is a distance from the actual town.

I wasn't a fan of Palermo, crowded, busy, noisy. I'd take a tour out of town.

Thanks for the info. Actually, we are doing the StrEat Palermo Tour, a four hour tour for "foodies" that is highly recommended on Rick Steves' Forum and Trip Advisor. Just hoping we could find a super easy way to get to the meeting spot at Piazza Verdi. I did find walk & bus directions on Google Map.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi my husband and I will be taking our first Oceania cruise on the Marina in June touring the Baltic ports. We are looking for extra couples or singles to join us on a 5hr tour of Tallinn with Tj Tours. this is my first post so fingers crossed. Macc

Hi my husband and I will be taking our first Oceania cruise on the Marina in June touring the Baltic ports. We are looking for extra couples or singles to join us on a 5hr tour of Tallinn with Tj Tours. this is my first post so fingers crossed. Macc

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You have posted on a rarely used thread about shuttle service. There is probably a Roll Call for your cruise on this page; http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=625

Just search down the page until you find your date.

Since I didn't know the date I couldn't post a link to your exact cruise. You'll get a lot more replies to your thread if you post this information there. Enjoy your cruise.

this thread is excellent.

i wish more people would contribute to it.

im wondering about:

oslo

copenhagen (has anything changed since someone posted about it a few years ago?)

helsinki

stockholm

and in those 4 places, where does the ship dock?

each place has at least 2 different options.

thanks!!!

edit: OOOPS, just noticed there are 15 pages, not 2. HA! i will go back and reread through them all.

Hey everyone,

I was just using the information that everyone has posted and thought it would only be right to help by posting what I have made. The information may be wrong or out dated as it was taken from the last 15 pages but here you go! Sorry if I missed any out.

image.png

Hey everyone,

I was just using the information that everyone has posted and thought it would only be right to help by posting what I have made. The information may be wrong or out dated as it was taken from the last 15 pages but here you go! Sorry if I missed any out.

image.png

This is great! Anyone know how to make this a sticky? And how people can dd to it as they get the information? This is so much easier to read than pouring through 15 pages of this thread.

This is great! Anyone know how to make this a sticky? And how people can dd to it as they get the information? This is so much easier to read than pouring through 15 pages of this thread.

I believe the thread is already a sticky. All you need to do is quote this post and add any info you want to it.

Thanks to Anza for adding all this up.

One thing to keep in mind, this is like the stock market. Past performance is no indicator of future results.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone,

image.png

ANZA this is great, thank you. Is it possible to convert it to a word document or link it to a dropbox or something - so that it can be updated and saved?

As Susiesan said, ideally if it was a sticky at the top of page 1 where it could be updated with new info as it comes to hand it would be brilliant! (I suppose Cruise Critic would need to do that and re-organise the thread a bit)

(But then again I might be rambling/dreaming)

• 1 month later...

First time on Oceania and we are on the Riviera in May - does anyone know if shuttles are provided for these stops?

1) Venice

2) Split, Croatia

3) Kotor, Montenegro

4) Valleta, Malta

and

5) Messina, Sicily

First time on Oceania and we are on the Riviera in May - does anyone know if shuttles are provided for these stops?

1) Venice

2) Split, Croatia

3) Kotor, Montenegro

4) Valleta, Malta

and

5) Messina, Sicily

See post 292 above

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Post 292 is of course fantastic and I hope someone less digitally challenged will create a usable spread sheet from this.

That said would like to provide some new additions from our last cruise to New Zealand and Australia.

Gisborne shuttle but walk into town is quick and easy (there were sweet townspeople at nearly every crossroads offering help this is probably a day out for them!)

Wellington shuttle

Picton ship docks short distance from centre.

Akoara tender

Dunedin shuttle

Eden tender then shuttle but only a short walk

Sydney unfortunately when larger ships are in port the Oceania docks at White Bay cruise terminal and a shuttle was provided to Darling Harbour, you can walk to the main attractions from there. There is also a Captain Cook ferry available when cruise ships are in town but check the schedule for return times.

Brisbane shuttle to town ships docks next to fast ferry stop "Brett"

Cairns ships docks in centre

Darwin shuttle to shopping Mall

Happy cruising

Rosalyn

This is a great thread, and the list compiled and posted above is even greater. However, I think would be a good idea to remind people again that port assignments (actual berth assigment/location) is ultimately up to the various ports and can vary from cruise to cruise. That means that in a port which has different dock or anchorage locations, your experience may be different from what is reported here. Most likely the port or Oceania will provide a shuttle if needed, but that may not always be the case. Also, Oceania's smallest ships may dock in a different location than the bigger ships like Marina. For example, when we visited Helsinki, Marina docked a ways out of the city (where most ships dock) while Insignia was right in center city.