Regatta Alaska May 24?

xrae

According to the website every category of cabin is wait listed so I don't think you're traveling alone. Perhaps no one on board knows about Cruise Critic?

Or else there IS a roll call and you missed it. I've done that ...

Mura

P.S. I just looked myself and didn't find one for the May 24th sailing, but none of the Regatta sailings through July have more than a few members. One only had 4 ...

I wouldn't say that is the case. It's true that our Alaska cruise back in 2011 ended up being cancelled by us when Oceania bribed us to switch to a Med cruise on Marina. It was an offer we couldn't refuse, even though we'd already booked our own airfare and so lost some money on that. (For us it was easy enough to switch our flights from NY to Seattle to flights from NY to LA so it wasn't TOO painful.)

And of course back then oLife wasn't in play.

But we were set to participate in several private tours there. They DO exist if you want to look for them.

Mura

We are on this cruise and there is no roll call. Perhaps because there isn't much private tour sharing in Alaska.

"See" you on the ship then. I think we have figured out our activities. This is our first Oceania and first Alaska, excited to check it out. The only thing we haven't settled on is what to do in Vancouver between disembarkation and our evening flight. I keep waffling between city sights and getting out of the town.

Can we bring our own beer onto the ship?

"See" you on the ship then. I think we have figured out our activities. This is our first Oceania and first Alaska, excited to check it out. The only thing we haven't settled on is what to do in Vancouver between disembarkation and our evening flight. I keep waffling between city sights and getting out of the town.

Can we bring our own beer onto the ship?

I think our cruise is sold out! We've been to Alaska half a dozen times but this is the first time there on Oceania.

Stay in Vancouver, it is quite impressive with a beautiful waterfront. . We dock at Canada place and there is luggage storage in the terminal. We've used it, it closes about 5pm. Store your luggage then ride the hop on, hop off bus to see the city.

I've been looking for a Regatta Alaska May 24 roll call and don't see one -- are we sailing alone? ;p

Xrae

This is our first Alaska cruise (July 21) and our 5th O cruise.

The last one was a Caribbean the others were longer and overseas. There is a distinct difference in the chatter on CC roll calls between the 'exotic' cruises and the last two. I came to understand that the Caribbean cruises are booked much later and therefore the roll call doesn't get started until several months before.

If I had to guess why the Alaska cruise roll calls are very quiet I would say it's a combination of the excursions being controlled by the ship and the fact that there will be a number of families onboard. Both things I would venture to guess have a significant impact on cruise specific related things. The general overall O questions are handled on the Oceania blog site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums