Schengen Question (US Passport)

WeighAnchor

My wife and I have traveled EB from the US on TA cruises on multiple occasions and the ship (all Royal Caribbean) didn't collect our passports like they do on some cruises. There appeared to be no passport control when we arrived in any of the Schengen countries. As such, our passports had no entry stamp. It doesn't seem to be a big deal because no one said anything to us at Passport Control at the different airports; nor did the officer doing an immigration check at the French border say anything on the train from Milan to Paris.

My question is this: Aren't I supposed to have a stamp at my first POE and is it not the cruise ship's responsibility to see that I get one? Also: Could I have legal issues for not have a valid passport stamp?

Thanks!

My wife and I have traveled EB from the US on TA cruises on multiple occasions and the ship (all Royal Caribbean) didn't collect our passports like they do on some cruises. There appeared to be no passport control when we arrived in any of the Schengen countries. As such, our passports had no entry stamp. It doesn't seem to be a big deal because no one said anything to us at Passport Control at the different airports; nor did the officer doing an immigration check at the French border say anything on the train from Milan to Paris.

My question is this: Aren't I supposed to have a stamp at my first POE and is it not the cruise ship's responsibility to see that I get one? Also: Could I have legal issues for not have a valid passport stamp?

Thanks!

Need more details. You mentioned "'passport control' at the different airports." Was your passport ever swiped? Not everyone (including the US) necessarily uses stamps anymore (embedded chips are the modern "stamp.")

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Need more details. You mentioned "'passport control' at the different airports." Was your passport ever swiped? Not everyone (including the US) necessarily uses stamps anymore (embedded chips are the modern "stamp.")

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We never get our passports stamped when arriving into Europe from England.

We have done multiple TA cruises from the US to Europe and never had a stamp in our passport or had them scanned on arrival by sea; they have been in our possession the whole cruise. We always do our EB TA cruises one way and fly back to the USA so we have been encountering passport control in the Schengen country only at international departures. However, when we fly to a Schengen country to take a Mediterranean cruise or a cruise back to the US, passport control at the airport always gives us an entry stamp.

I just want to see what CC members know (if anything) about this situation to make sure that if we do another EB TA that we won't have any problems should this happen again. With all the bad actors currently in Europe, law enforcement is probably going to be getting a lot stricter on things in the future.

Edited by WeighAnchor