Fantasy stateroom air conditioning question

We will be cruising soon in a Fantasy veranda stateroom. I am concerned from previous post that we will not have control over our cabins tempiture. We like our room cold and have heard you need to bring a small personal fan. I will do this but worried it won't be enough to keep me cool. Would someone answer this question for me please?

The AC is on a pre-set which you can alter a little. However, your stateroom host can make it warmer or cooler for you--more than your control over the AC allows. Another key point is that if people leave their balcony doors open, it messes up the AC for that entire section of cabins. Most people who bring fans do it for the "white noise," not the cooling.

The AC is on a pre-set which you can alter a little. However' date=' your stateroom host can make it warmer or cooler for you--more than your control over the AC allows. Another key point is that if people leave their balcony doors open, it messes up the AC for that entire section of cabins. Most people who bring fans do it for the "white noise," not the cooling.[/quote']

Thank you. I will be sure to ask our steward/host to lower emmideatly. I knew the AC went off when doors are open but did not realize if effected. Bummer:mad:!!! My hot flash's will not be happy.

Our last cruise we asked to have it cooler and it was but not as much as we would have liked. We sleep with windows open all year so we like it really cold at night We are on the June 28 cruise and I know it will be hot. I'm just hoping to keep it as cool as possible. The fan helps a little with circulating the cool air better and I like keeping it blowing on my face all night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might have to ask the host a couple of times--they'll adjust it down a little initially' date=' but that still may not be enough for you. Don't hesitate to ask if it can be made any cooler.[/quote']

Thank you, I definetly will. Although my husband will be very happy since I tend to freeze him out.

:)

Thank you. I will be sure to ask our steward/host to lower emmideatly. I knew the AC went off when doors are open but did not realize if effected. Bummer:mad:!!! My hot flash's will not be happy.

Yes. It affects the temperature in all the cabins in the block - much worse if you are in an ocean view or interior where you cannot "just open the door" for air.

Depending on the wind, it can also make your door hard to impossible to open because of the vacuum. Saw that happen on RCCL's Brilliance of the Seas. The housekeeping deck manager was coming to help a cabin with a/c issues AND to check on a cabin door that "would not open" and he shook his head and said "Bet I can clear up both issues with one thing..." and told the people with the "stuck" door (where you could hear the wind coming in) to "Close your balcony door!" Voila! Their cabin door opened without issue. And my OV cabin - while not the one who had called - cooled down as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I took the advise to ask engineering to lower the temperature. They were hesitant to do so saying the room would eventually get cooler. I told them that I HAD to have it cooler so they did. It was an easy fix. The man just removed the box. It took him 3 minutes. Was really glad that I did. My daughter asked how did my room get so cool. Hers on the lowest temp (3 blue dots) was like mine with only one blue dot. So very glad that I asked.