Tender accidents?

taffy12

Yes, it was him. He brought his family on our cruise. He was quite rude to the passengers. At the beginning of his show a young child made a squeal. He stopped the show and said he would begin it again when the parents left the theater. I get that he doesn't want babies screaming but this kid was not crying or making any more noise that an adult might make during the show. BUT there was no need to humiliate the parents and wait while they stood and had everyone watch as they exited the show. Class? Nope, not him. Funny though, HIS toddler was not only on deck and running around unsupervised but also allowed to swim in the pool with diapers. Talk about double standards. Crew members couldn't stand him either. When the crew talks about a guest entertainer you know he's a jerk.

I had a little bitty one... a long time ago... the tender lurched as I was being helped on or off (hey, we're talking back in the 90s, I can't remember all the details!). Got a cut on my heel. Big enough to be a pain in the butt but not big enough that stitches were needed.

The exact same happened to me! spooky!!

We were in line to get on the tender. The waves were BIG. Up and down. Up and down. Like really up and really down. There was an older couple ahead of us. The crew was still deciding if it would be safe for people to get on and off the tender. So this old guy has decided that he has waited long enough and pushed his wife onto the tender. Well, shoved would be more accurate. Down she went. We're talking like 8 feet down. That was it for the line. Everyone was told no tendering that day. Not sure how long it took for them to get her off the tender but if I were her and my DH did that he would be looking for a different wife. I can still see it in my mind. My DH Unbelievable. I'll bet it took them an hour to get her off and I'll bet they took her directly to the medical center.

Unless it is an expedition ship or such where a Zodiac might be used, what else would the ships be using rather than the lifeboats? In our experience, lifeboats become tenders and do double duty.

Several ports in the caribbean have large dedicated transfer ships that hold several hundred people.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I Take it that is not compliment but I've never heard that expression. Can you tell us what it 'says'?

Would it keep its meaning if one substituted 'jerk' ? :)

Yes, substitute could be jerk, blockhead, or much worse if you wish..