Oceania Airfare

4Lakes Lady

When does Oceania get your airline tickets? On previous cruises I have always done the deviation Airfare. For our November 2017 cruise, I have opted for non deviation since the first 2 nights are in our departing port. When can I expect to find out what our air route will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did you try to book your airfare directly? Sometimes, cruise lines can save you money. Sometimes, you can get a lower price booking directly with the airline. When I booked my upcoming cruise in Europe last week, my TA told me the air through the cruise line would be $1000pp. Even though it sounded good, I told him that I would like to see what it would cost booking directly. I booked myself for $850pp and picked my flights. I got great times and nonstop both ways. Airfares to Europe have gone down.

I have not taken cruise line air fare for over 20 years. I can get the times I want and the route I want much better by my own booking than letting O or any other cruise line do it. I always buy from the airline. I want to be their customer if I need help -- I really never want to hear " you will have to call the company that sold you the ticket". Just try reading some of the articles in Cruise Critic air forum. The folks there really are great to help find the flights you need and give you the skills to book your own. Cost in my experience is must less also. My last flights were from Baltimore to Boston to Dubai (stopover) then to Singapore to meet the ship. Home from Dubai to Boston then Baltimore and I got those tickets in economy for under a $1000 each. I also add the air fare into my travel insurance quote which I also buy separately and not from the cruise line. Let me know if I can help.

I think it is about 60-75 days out

Your TA should be able to tell you or call Oceania

Yes, we have taken O air once in 5 cruises, on our most recent cruise in April 2017. We received air itinerary from our TA via email about 75 days ahead (early February). When we asked about seat assignments, there was a mild glitch in the system (TA thought they should have been assigned anyway, but had to make something happen to allow) but all worked out fine.

Did you try to book your airfare directly? Sometimes, cruise lines can save you money. Sometimes, you can get a lower price booking directly with the airline. When I booked my upcoming cruise in Europe last week, my TA told me the air through the cruise line would be $1000pp. Even though it sounded good, I told him that I would like to see what it would cost booking directly. I booked myself for $850pp and picked my flights. I got great times and nonstop both ways. Airfares to Europe have gone down.

We're doing a U.K. cruise on Azamara in July, and I started checking airfares as soon as they became available last year. Maybe it's our location, but the ticket prices have dropped maybe only $100 PP, from $1400 to $1300 (I'm one of those gluttons that keeps checking prices even after I book). At one point before we booked, they had increased to $1700, so when they went back down to $1400 I booked.

I also priced some tickets for a Mediterranean cruise later this year and didn't see any good prices on them, either. I wish I knew where people were finding such great prices! I see people post about getting business class for the price we're paying for coach. Even searching with ITA I don't see sub-$1000 airfares.

Last year we booked an Oceania cruise out of Miami and the included airfare was a much better deal than we could get on our own--flights to Florida in March from Ohio were over $600 PP by the time we booked in January. Our air credit was only going to be about $300, I think.

Also you need to really check out pricing. When pricing comes out it can be high, I find the rates go down after a week or two. We've gotten first class for less then full "Y"-you just have to hit it right. I try to use miles first, but sometimes the air is to cheap to waste miles, so I save those for the long flights over seas.

Also you need to really check out pricing. When pricing comes out it can be high, I find the rates go down after a week or two. We've gotten first class for less then full "Y"-you just have to hit it right. I try to use miles first, but sometimes the air is to cheap to waste miles, so I save those for the long flights over seas.

For our upcoming cruise in Nov, we are booking our own fare to and from South America because we are arriving early and staying later. If you have to pay the deviation, it's cheaper by a lot to book your own at least to South America.

We also booked going down with points, not able to get a decent flight back with points, so have to pay.

Hope this helps