NCLH Shareholder OBC

Classiccruiser777

• 1 month later...

We have two upcoming Oceania cruises. Although I have a TA, I submitted my request for the shareholder credit myself. Our first cruise - 2/25/17 - I received the SBC. I sent the request by email on 2/7/17 and asked for a reply. Here is part of the reply I received on 2/9/17:

"Thank you for contacting the NCLH Shareholder Benefit Desk – Oceania Cruises.

Based on the updated policy wherein the NCLH Shareholder Benefit is now combinable with Oceania Cruises promotional amenity for reservations created on or after January 7, 2016, the corresponding shipboard credits ($100/per stateroom) have been applied to your upcoming XXXXXX sailing."

Then on 2/22/17 I sent in a second request for our 3/21/17 cruise and received this email reply today (2/24/17). Both emails were from the same person.

"Thank you for contacting the NCLH Shareholder Benefit Desk – Oceania Cruises.

Based on the updated policy wherein the NCLH Shareholder Benefit is now combinable with Oceania Cruises promotional amenity for reservations created on or after January 7, 2017, the corresponding shipboard credits ($100/per stateroom) has been applied to your upcoming XXXX sailing as a one time courtesy and gesture of goodwill."

I'm not complaining that I got the SBC both times - what I don't understand is why the replies were so different. Are they really saying that you have to book after January 7th to get the SBC for that year? So many people book their cruise quite a bit in advance, I'm surprised by this.

Comments?

Mary Lou

• 3 months later...

I seem to be caught in the same situation with a disappearing shareholder benefit offer. When they added the program to include Oceania, the info I received was a credit would be available for any cruise booked after January 1, 2016. I have the original documentation that states that. We booked three of them in 2016, including a long one in 2018 which sold out very quickly. While I received the credit for two of the ones booked in 2016, it now appears I will not be able to get the credit for the one book furthest out.

They then changed the rules and the current information says you are entitled to the credit for cruises booked after January 1, 2017. We jumped on one of the Cuba cruises as soon as those itineraries came out, so I will be getting the OBC on that cruise as it was booked in February 2017.

Any thoughts on their changing their policy and not honoring what they said we were entitled to? Good customer relations? I don't think so. I feel like we being penalized for making plans far in advance when we want to guarantee an itinerary we like.

First time on Oceania. I have NCL stock. I also have Royal Caribbean. Royal it is really hard, like almost impossible to get the stock holder benefit. If you have any sort of promotion they won't combine it. How hard is it to qualify with Oceania?

We are on a 15 day cruise and received a $250 credit because we are share holders. Our travel agent was notified and our documents reflect this.

How like nag did it take & how did you find out? We are cruising on 9/2, sent my documents in via email last week. Requested confirmation of receipt by return email, heard nothing. When we tried for this benefit was told could not get it & AMEX promotion, had to choose (tho why I have no idea). Took the AMEX promo because it was more OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were unable to get the shareholder credit on a recent cruise and got this response:

"Thank you for contacting the NCLH Shareholder Benefit Desk – Oceania Cruises

Although, the updated policy wherein the NCLH Shareholder Benefit is now combinable with most Oceania Cruises promotional amenity for reservations created on or after January 7, 2016, the corresponding shipboard credits can not be applied to your upcoming XXXX sailing. The reservation is under the TRAVEL ZOO PROMOTION which is not combinable with past guest discounts, Shareholder Benefits, Oceania Club certificates, Onboard savings and any other promotion. Please refer to your Travel Agent for any further explanation on the Travel Zoo Promotion."

FWIW - When we questioned our TA she said yes, it was a special rate and there was no way we would have known about the Travel Zoo rate. Not a very good answer but as it was not a lot of OBC, I let it go. Lesson learned.

This really irks me, I purchased the stock last year. So know I am hearing Oceania isn't honoring the OBC perk? I have 2 Regent cruises and 1 Oceania cruise booked in the next 1.5 years. Will probably sell the stock. :mad:

I am obviously irked as well. The 2018 cruise that we booked was booked on board in April of 2016 so there were no special promotions or discounts that would have negated the benefit.

When I posted on this thread I also sent a request for clarification to the shareholder benefit email address at Oceania and have not had the courtesy of a reply. Not happy.

This really irks me, I purchased the stock last year. So know I am hearing Oceania isn't honoring the OBC perk? I have 2 Regent cruises and 1 Oceania cruise booked in the next 1.5 years. Will probably sell the stock. :mad:

Sounds like you bought the stock only for the shareholder benefit. If you haven't been denied yet, why sell now if that was your reason for owning it? Just because someone else was denied, that doesn't mean you will be. Now if you bought it for gains, then that's a horse of a different color. :D

I was considering buying NCLH but it has been substantially under performing both RCL & CCL which I own.

Sounds like you bought the stock only for the shareholder benefit. If you haven't been denied yet, why sell now if that was your reason for owning it? Just because someone else was denied, that doesn't mean you will be. Now if you bought it for gains, then that's a horse of a different color.

Steve, I did purchase the stock for the benefits. Not sure why some would be denied the OBC and others not. I'll wait and see before I sell.