Does anyone pack a light throw or blanket?

cajun-crazy

I'm thinking of doing this and wondered if anyone else has found it useful. We'll be sailing in October in our first balcony. Our ship also has the poolside movies playing at night. I thought I noticed in someones picture of the dive-in movies that some guests were covered with lap size blankets.

Some higher-end lines might provide this, but we're sailing Carnival:)

Carnival will provide blankets for the lido deck movies.

For our balcony we have used our Carnival-provided blue beach towels or bathrobes.

Edited by SadieN

My wife always takes a light shawl. It takes almost no room and weighs next to nothing. She finds the public rooms are often cool.

Many ladies bring a shawl. That is a garment, not a blanket. :)

On every cruise line we've sailed (noted in signature) I've always ask my room steward for an extra blanket if there is not already one in the cabin.

It's nice to have it for the couch. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

• 3 years later...

Whether on a cruise or land based vacation, I always take a lightweight throw with me. I find it useful for naps or while watching a movie in the cabin or hotel room.

To the previous poster, you might be able to find a cashmere travel blanket at a home goods store or on the internet shopping site that begins with A and has the same name as a very large river ( I am not sure if company names can be written in posts on CC- I hope you know the companies that I am referring to ).

I think your wife would appreciate such a travel blanket - very thoughtful idea !

Thanks for the suggestion. They do have some travel blankets, but I'm wondering what experienced cruisers feel about size, fringes, patterns, and so on. Anybody have any favorites?

You might try the fashion board. They should have ideas about stylish blankets/scarfs/throw options :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

No, no room in my suitcase. If I need something, I just ask my cabin steward and they will always provide. Even if it's just a bed sheet or light coverlet (depends on the cruise line, and what they have to offer). We usually have an extra blanket in our closet when we board along with the life jackets! Check there.

We take two single person light blankets to use for a nap or when it's windy/cool on the balcony. We have the steward remove the heavy comforter and put on a standard blanket. Plenty of room in the suitcase since we don't take over the door shoe holders and some of the other recommended stuff.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

I'm thinking of doing this and wondered if anyone else has found it useful. We'll be sailing in October in our first balcony. Our ship also has the poolside movies playing at night. I thought I noticed in someones picture of the dive-in movies that some guests were covered with lap size blankets.

Some higher-end lines might provide this, but we're sailing Carnival:)

I pack one for the plane, but not for the ship. Although, we did a Hawaii cruise one year and it was so cold we bought blankets on our first stop (Ensenada). Will probably take those on our next Hawaiian cruise depending on the weather...