Bermuda Pricing

ACoupleAtSea

Friends booked a 7A for the 6 night Bermuda sailing for $3500 with an onboard booking credit, which put it around $3800. Ouch.

Norwegian has a 7 night itinerary for similar dates out of New York on their newest ships for $2400 for 2 in a standard balcony. That more than a 50% premium for the Disney difference.

We're book on Wednesday. At those prices, I'll likely be in a 9A or 9B.

Dirk

Friends booked a 7A for the 6 night Bermuda sailing for $3500 with an onboard booking credit, which put it around $3800. Ouch.

Norwegian has a 7 night itinerary for similar dates out of New York on their newest ships for $2400 for 2 in a standard balcony. That more than a 50% premium for the Disney difference.

Dirk

I just booked the 11-night TA and it's cheaper per night than Bermuda. We booked a cat 7A for $1903/pp. I was actually pleasantly surprised.

Dirk

Yep, I've looked at both, too. Much as I'd like to DCL, I've done NCL and I know that I'll be happy with them. Note: that balcony on NCL will include drinks and/or specialty dining and/or internet use along with that extra day.

for the 4 passengers the October 4 sailing, $4142.66 in a standard inside (!). I think it will only go up. only $100 more for an oceanview. $3892 for the other October sailings.

I can go on the RCL Anthem in a balcony for half of what DCL is charging for an inside. Not sure DCL is worth that much for 5 days.

I can go on the RCL Anthem in a balcony for half of what DCL is charging for an inside. Not sure DCL is worth that much for 5 days.

This was exactly my point on our British Isles cruise. We initially booked DCL on opening day (on board discount could not be used on one of the B2B legs), and then found that we could cruise Princess in a balcony for half of what a DCL inside cabin cost. Needless to say, we canceled DCL.

On the other hand, it seems that DCL continues to fill cabins at their high fares...so I guess there are some people willing to pay it. Of course when they don't fill at prevailing rates, they offer very steep TA and CM discounts as well as the discounts available to the rest of us.