A few questions about Dream

Robbiesox15

I am going on the Dream in June and have a few questions.

1. I will be staying overnight in Orlando the night before the cruise. I currently have a 12:30 check in time, as that was the earliest I could get. I will check back to see if I can move that up, but if I can't, will they let me check in earlier if I arrived earlier, say 10:30ish?

2. I have a few things booked on Cataway Cay...parasailing and Banana Boats with my 8 year old son, and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo salon with my 5 year old daughter. Is there anything else I might want or need to book prior to getting on the ship? Princess experiences, etc?

3. What times are main and late seatings? What time are the main theater shows (so we can decide on dinner times)

4. Any other "can't miss" suggestions?

Thank you!!!

You will be allowed to enter the terminal and check in, but you still won't be able to board until your boarding card number is called. This is tied to your PAT. The terminal opens at 10:30, so that is about the busiest time. Most hotels have an 11:00 check out time. Why not enjoy a leisurely breakfast and check out of your hotel somewhere in the 10-10:30 range and then head to the terminal? You'll get on the ship at the same time and won't be just standing around in the terminal. Don't get me wrong--your boarding number might be called at 12:00...but it will be called at the same time whether you arrive at the terminal at 10:30 or at 12:30.

You can book advance tickets for the Princess Gathering, Frozen characters, and occasionally other characters (on special cruises). Yes, you'll want to get these now!

Main seating is 5:45, late is 8:15 (usually). The shows run with the seatings--early show is usually at 6, late is at 8:30. So you go to the show that is at the time opposite your dinner. If you don't have main seating booked already, you probably won't be able to get it now. You can always try...asking to waitlist, etc. But that's something that should have been arranged at the time of booking, and for some people that was 18 months ago. Main seating fills fast.

Best suggestion on the Dream--don't try to do it all. You can't pack everything into a single short cruise, even though there are way fewer on board activities than on a longer cruise. Remember to relax and enjoy the ship!

If you are hanging around the terminal early while waiting to be called to board, you can do the kid registration/get bands at that time....we don't mess with that. If you do it in the terminal, you'll be standing in line for what can be a long time. If you wait and do it after boarding, there is virtually no line. But if you arrive at the terminal early, you may as well stand in line--not much else to do! There are sporadic character appearance, a model of the Magic in original conformation to see, and some TV screens running cartoons. That's really about it.

Edited by moki'smommy

Ugh so the princess and frozen meets are sold out...now what??:(

Well, start with the concept that you can't do everything. There are no tickets for the princess meet and greets--the tickets are for the "Princess Gathering" when you can see 4-5 of them together. The princesses will have meet and greets around the ship. Check the PALS line, schedules in the Navigator, etc. You can also go to the "Port Adventures" desk after boarding and ask, but chances are not good that any will be available. And keep checking on line--again, slim chances, but it does happen.

Once again, no one person can do everything on board. If you don't tell her about the Frozen meet and greet, she likely won't know. Just don't walk thru an area where you can see the atrium when the Princess Gathering is happening! She'll see princesses on stage as well as at individual meet and greets.

If you haven't done so already, check out the huge selection of Personal Navigators (many specific to the Dream) on another site. Not sure I can post a link here, but search Disney cruise line blog. The left hand pane has a Personal Navigator graphic. Click on it, and you'll likely be able to find a schedule that matches (or closely matches) your cruise.

If you haven't done so already, check out the huge selection of Personal Navigators (many specific to the Dream) on another site. Not sure I can post a link here, but search Disney cruise line blog. The left hand pane has a Personal Navigator graphic. Click on it, and you'll likely be able to find a schedule that matches (or closely matches) your cruise.

Go ahead, as long as it's not a travel agent site.