Celebrity Equinox Age?

ansteys

Hey guys!

First of all, I am new to Cruise Critic and this is my first post!

Myself and my wife and currently planning our honeymoon cruise (will only be our second cruise!) for March 2018. We have been looking into many cruise lines and ships, and the Celebrity Equinox sailing to the Eastern Caribbean has really caught our eye.

However, In researching the cruise line and reading some reviews, we have read that the average age is in the 50+ range. Is this accurate and would my wife and myself (both 26 years of age) feel out of place?

We are not what you would call "party animals" by no means and this being our honeymoon cruise we decided to change it up from our last cruise (Carnival), and try something a little more "grown up"perhaps.

Thanks!

We took our honeymoon cruise on the Equinox and loved it. We were in our early 30s, on a Mediterranean cruise that probably skewed even older than most Caribbean cruises. Yes, we were probably some of the younger people on the ship, but there were definitely some younger than us. Everyone really had a great cruise. While the clientele may be on the older end, the crew definitely was on the younger side. We had a good time with the bartenders and entertainers, and yes, made friends with many of the passengers older than us. Everyone young(er) and old(er) had a great time. Many of the party animals on the ship were significantly older than us. ;)

I'd say don't worry about it and you'll be fine. We love Celebrity and found it perfect for our honeymoon. Congrats and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on her in the Med also for 13 days in August 2015 and there was a huge mix of ages on board including lots of honeymooners from both sides of the Atlantic. We met a couple our age and hung out together (at the time we were 28 and 29).

Celebrity is more relaxing/less party than the usual mainstream lines but that mood is probably better for honeymooners. We don't like them as much as the other lines we have sailed on but they are a good line with the best cruise food we have had. The entertainment is fun enough and the staff are great and we adored sitting on the grass in the evening looking at the stars.

In general cruises do seem to have a 50 plus age bracket but its all about the atmosphere anyway.

You might look at The Haven Spa Suites and Spa Cabins (everything from an inside to Junior Suite) on NCL Getaway or Escape. The spa suites have a spa tub in the suite and then a separate shower in a large bathroom. Then there is access to the spa that is fantastic with a huge water circuit, steam room, dry sauna, saunarium, hot tub and heated tile loungers. Suites get VIP embarkation, access to The Haven, butler and concierge service and a lot of the time NCL offers free alcohol and specialty dining packages as well as other specials - look on the NCL website to see what the current offers are. Also consider going on RCCL Oasis class - these ships are spectacular and the shows are among the best at sea. Another great option would be MSC specifically if you can afford to sail in the Yacht Club - which is an all-inclusive experience with butler service, a private restaurant for suite guests, VIP check in, concierge service, even your mini-bar is included. MSC has Divina and as of next December, Seaside in the Caribbean. The Royal Princess and Regal Princess (Princess Cruise Lines) are also quite romantic and have a lovely spa and special relaxation area you can buy a pass for.

In terms of your age, my husband and I were in our early 50's on Celebrity Eclipse and got special attention from the crew because we were among the youngest onboard. LOL! So...yes...I think Celebrity skews a bit older, although there will be a somewhat more mixed crowd in the Caribbean than the Med where we were on Eclipse. But we also did Celebrity in the Caribbean twice and those cruises also skewed older, although there were some people in their 30's, 40's and 50's as well as plenty ages 60+. That said, the food on Celebrity is among the best on mainstream lines. IMO the cabin decor is an uninspired mauve and beige. They are coming out with a new ship called the Edge - I think that would be very much worth trying. At least the decor is more up to date and stylish and I like the specialty restaurant concept on that ship.

I also want to suggest you considering stepping a bit outside the box of a mainstream cruise for your honeymoon and doing something more unique and personal. Here are some options you ought to at least consider:

Windstar - cruises that go places larger ships can't on sailing ships or yachts:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/cruise/caribbean/san-juan-and-the-virgin-islands/?id=176&sid=1437

https://www.windstarcruises.com/cruise/caribbean/yachtsmans-caribbean/?id=42&sid=1441

or even this amazing 14 day trip:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/cruise/itinerary-ports/caribbean/14-day-caribbean-collection/?id=282&sid=1864

Starclippers - sailing ships:

http://www.starclippers.com/us-dom/destinations/caribbean-sailings.htmlview=itenary&crid=RC100318&ship=Royal%20Clipper

At any rate, there are some ideas for you of something different and unique. I want to wish you all the best on your forthcoming marriage!

Edited by SuiteTraveler