How to pick a Transpacific

cjmayes51

Wife is retired & I retire at the end of August 2017. I already have 2 Celebrity, 12 & 14, day cruises booked for 2018, but we really would like to do a long Transpacific in 2019. I need some help in picking one. Ideal would be to fly to Sydney or somewhere in New Zealand & cruise back to the west coast - 25-35 days total being preferable. Is there a way to look at all the different cruise lines that might offer this or should I pick a TA who I hope will do the research for me & let me know what is available. I love looking on line myself but fear I may be missing something other then the HAL & Princess web sites. Charlie

Go to www.cruisetimetables.com and plug in your preferred departure ports and then the time you want to sail. Transpacific cruises are usually repositioning cruises from OZ/NZ to the west coast and Alaska, so they happen in March, sometimes April. I don't believe the whole schedule is out yet for 2019, there there are cruises for Golden Princess, Oceania Regatta, and Celebrity Solstice (Sydney to Honolulu, but the next leg will be to LA). You might look at 2018 to see what other possibilities might be added later. Carnival Legend will be making that trip as well, and a HAL ship. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

At the top of the page there is a link FIND A CRUISE

use the filters to find what you are looking for it will narrow down the ships that do that routing

The 2019 cruise may not be out yet for that itinerary so check 2018 to see what cruises may do that route

do not be afraid to look at segments, B2B that will get you to the west coast

Wife is retired & I retire at the end of August 2017. I already have 2 Celebrity, 12 & 14, day cruises booked for 2018, but we really would like to do a long Transpacific in 2019. I need some help in picking one. Ideal would be to fly to Sydney or somewhere in New Zealand & cruise back to the west coast - 25-35 days total being preferable. Is there a way to look at all the different cruise lines that might offer this or should I pick a TA who I hope will do the research for me & let me know what is available. I love looking on line myself but fear I may be missing something other then the HAL & Princess web sites. Charlie

We're booked on the 38 day Sydney to L.A. Spring 2018 on Oceania Insignia. Haven't looked but there is probably a very similar itinerary in 2019. Note, however, that most great cabins on these TPs go within weeks of the itinerary being announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're booked on the 38 day Sydney to L.A. Spring 2018 on Oceania Insignia. Haven't looked but there is probably a very similar itinerary in 2019. Note, however, that most great cabins on these TPs go within weeks of the itinerary being announced.

If you read post #2, it is Oceania Regatta in 2019. EM

April the Carnival Legend does B2B cruises Sydney-Honolulu, Honolulu-Seattle. Could add on Alaska RT Seattle.

Sydney-Honolulu is booked thru Carnival.au. These longer cruises have the same pax make up as our longer Princess cruises.