Help! My minor children have a different check in time. Sailing in a few days.

zimo411

Hello, This is my second cruise through carnival. We booked adjoining cabins, one for us (the parents) and one for our teenage children. Getting ready to sail soon clear.png?emoji-grin-1677 so I printed boarding passes & luggage tags.

I noticed that our children have a boarding time of 11:30-12:00 and we have a boarding time of 1:00-1:30 pm. Yikes! clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727 What do we do. They obviously can't board without us and we would prefer to board with them. I checked on carnival and the only times left are between 2-4 which still doesn't solve our problem.

So my question is can hubs & I board with the kids? Will we be kicked off or told to come back at the lter time. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I can't speak for Carnival specifically but I would think that if you show up at their boarding time together with your ID and boarding documents, once they see you are a family they will let you board together.

And, if that fails, just have everyone wait until the later time. It's not really a specific window that you HAVE to board during, it's more of a "no earlier than" time.

Hello, This is my second cruise through carnival. We booked adjoining cabins, one for us (the parents) and one for our teenage children. Getting ready to sail soon clear.png?emoji-grin-1677 so I printed boarding passes & luggage tags.

I noticed that our children have a boarding time of 11:30-12:00 and we have a boarding time of 1:00-1:30 pm. Yikes! clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727 What do we do. They obviously can't board without us and we would prefer to board with them. I checked on carnival and the only times left are between 2-4 which still doesn't solve our problem.

So my question is can hubs & I board with the kids? Will we be kicked off or told to come back at the lter time. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

You can all go at the later time.

My experience is that they don't stick to boarding times. They really want to get everyone on board as soon as possible but they suggest boarding times to try to even out the flow into the terminal. I suggest you all show up together and you will all be waiting in line anyway.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

My experience is that they don't stick to boarding times. They really want to get everyone on board as soon as possible but they suggest boarding times to try to even out the flow into the terminal. I suggest you all show up together and you will all be waiting in line anyway.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

You apparently haven't sailed Carnival since they instituted staggered checkin. Mostly they are enforcing it. And it is working, cutting down on the crowding to get into the terminal.. Apparent;y the OP was not aware that they could choose a check in time and should have done so. They should also be asking this on the Carnival board. EM

Which port? If it is one that has instituted staggered Check In, yes, they enforce it.

You apparently haven't sailed Carnival since they instituted staggered checkin. Mostly they are enforcing it. And it is working, cutting down on the crowding to get into the terminal.. Apparent;y the OP was not aware that they could choose a check in time and should have done so. They should also be asking this on the Carnival board. EM

I was aware we could choose check in times and we all had the same time originally, however yesterday when I printed boarding passes theirs says an earlier time.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Forums mobile app