Daily limit of $500 to shipboard account

Petoonya

We're on Sirena at the moment. Husband just brought me a guide book by the bedside that states that a daily withdrawal of $500 USD can be charged to shipboard account with a 5% fee. I've yet to verify this with reception...always like to ask questions of this nature here first to see if someone has done it. We've $1300 OBC and using very little on an 18 day cruise. Have heard people say again and again here "use it or lose it" pertaining to OBC. Anyone been able to charge cash to their shipboard account?

Nancy

Well silly me. If I'd paid proper attention to what's been said here I'd know. OBC is shipboard credit only. I get it. No more replies necessary. Thanks!

Just don't forget that ship OBC cannot be redeemed, however if you have addl OBC from travel agent or shareholder benefit, you can take that with you. Just be sure to go to reception the day before disembarkation to collect it!

Just don't forget that ship OBC cannot be redeemed' date=' however if you have addl OBC from travel agent or shareholder benefit, you can take that with you. Just be sure to go to reception the day before disembarkation to collect it![/quote']

Not all OBC from TA's are refundable be sure to verify that before you wait until the last night

New to O. Doesn't refundable OBC go back on credit card if not used?

I have never put OBC on my account always came from cruise line or TA

When we did have a refund coming we got a letter the day before the end of the cruise & they paid us cash

We aren't jewelry people I guess. But may have to become so ;)

Just a thought

If you use skin care products buy some in the shops or spa

I stock up on the ones I like to use up my OBC

New to O. Doesn't refundable OBC go back on credit card if not used?

Refundable OBC is rather a rare animal. 98% of the OBC that you read about here is promotion based and is "use it or lose it" during the voyage.

If a passenger needs to get cash up to $500/day may be charged to their credit card for a 5% fee. I've done this one time when I incurred some unexpected expenses and didn't feel comfortable using my credit card where we were at at the time. This is separate from OBC. Two distinct issues really.

Refundable OBC is rather a rare animal. 98% of the OBC that you read about here is promotion based and is "use it or lose it" during the voyage.

Rare?

Almost everyone we sail with has large refundable obc from their tas

Not rare at all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rare?

Not rare at all

What I have noticed is that the Oceania Connoisseurs Club TAs we've used have been somewhat consistent when it comes to added OBC. But, the source of some or all of the added OBC is often a mix of O incentives (non-refundable) and shared commission (refundable).

Rare?

Not rare at all

Not everyone goes around asking other passengers if they get a refundable OBC

There are many that do not

But among the friends we often sail with it seems to come up. Most of us do not drink and we struggle to spend the nonrefundable

It sure isn't rare. That was my point

Imo everyone should find a ta who gives you additional refundable obc. At least in the us.

Found a solution to our spending that $1300 OBC. Husband is loathe to spend money on himself as he gets older. But when I told him he had to use that credit or lose it, he bought himself a nice watch within a few hours spending all that credit and then some. Happy solution for all.